Week 58 / Maintenance 9 - FatFairNForty(ish)'s Weekly Weigh In

another week done, another 2.7lbs gone... bit disappointed but I haven't drunk as much water and it was AAM week - so.. lol... having sat and discussed it with Ailsa - have decided to aim for a size 14 for my goal and set my weight target to just over another 2 stone to go now. If when I get there I want to keep going then I shall! If not, then I shall start maintenance.

Tired now and off to bed

Night night xx

another week done, another 2.7lbs gone... bit disappointed but I haven't drunk as much water and it was AAM week - so.. lol... having sat and discussed it with Ailsa - have decided to aim for a size 14 for my goal and set my weight target to just over another 2 stone to go now. If when I get there I want to keep going then I shall! If not, then I shall start maintenance.

Err Jennie,it's 3lb in my book & that's great.

Gosh that makes your goal seem really close...on;y a matter of weeks.
What had you set your goal as before this? sorry I'm sure it was written down ,just can't remember or find it

Tired now and off to bed

Night night xx

me too ZZzzzz

3-vi.gif

Not that u will need any luck hun xxx

I don't think anyone would want to dipute the 10st achievement even if you did admit to it a fe ounces ahead of time...I mean it's not as if you're going any way but down for the foreseeable future are you.

Looking foreward to the official confirmation tomorrow.
sleep well

Good luck to everyone anticipating a weigh-in.

I'd love to get on the scales and see 10st. I'ts been years since I weighed so little.

But one way or another we'll get there.

Good luck to everyone anticipating a weigh-in.

I'd love to get on the scales and see 10st. I'ts been years since I weighed so little.

But one way or another we'll get there.

lol girlygirl, thanks but I'm looking to see a 4lb loss so I will have LOST 10 stone... am never going to actually WEIGH 10 stone... lol

Good luck on your weight loss journey :D

Just seen your pic on Karen's thread - you look totally amazing hun. I can't believe the difference in such little time since I saw you in Brum........keep up the good work! :D

Fingers crossed for the 4lbs loss today.

Hugs

xx

Hiya Jem, thank you :D

Well, back from weigh in and those scales were very kind...

I've lost 5.5lbs this week!!

Making 10 stone 1.7lbs gone!!

I had to take my boots off though (they weighed 2 lbs!!!) lol so in future barefoot weigh ins! lol hee hee

It was the boost I so needed to help the week get started on an upbeat note.

I'm still exhausted but with a smile on my face now :D

Will post pics from our girly weekend (Karen, Cheryl and Sarah and me) when Cheryl sends them :)

Well Done

Hiya Jennie
I'm fairly new to this site and don't know my way around much and you won't have heard from me before. Happened to come across your threads a few weeks ago and have been reading them ever since. You make fascinating reading. I cannot believe you have lost 10 stone - you have done brilliantly. I really look forward to seeing your losses each week. I don't know how you have done it. I lost a stone on SS last year and since March I have lost another two. I find I have a few good weeks of 5lb losses and then I might stay the same or only lose 2lb but that is because I may cheat a little. I just don't know how you don't cheat and stick to it so rigidly. I know it is the only way to get results and you certainly give everybody so much motivation. I have about another 3 stone to lose and am going to take a leaf out of your book and stick to it 100%. Congratulations again on reaching the 10 stone loss - I really do take my hat off to you!

Hi Elaine, thanks for the message :)

Gosh , you only live a step away from my mum! lol

All I can say is that I have been single-minded on this diet - this is a once only hit at this thing for me, I don't ever want to have to put myself through this regime again, and from the outset I decided that it was time to do this for me and only for me, and that, I think, is what has kept me going. I know that the hardest thing is going to be keeping it off and maintaining but I am going to head into maintenance with the same strong-headed messianic (thanks Ailsa, lol) attitude to that too and just hope and pray that I can do it. I simply cannot contemplate having to start this journey again - ever - so that's what keeps me going.

3 stone will go in no time, you wait and see! The only key (for me) is to stick to it, it's as black and white as that. IF you do, you will lose that 3 stone in 3 months no problem. Just think, in 12 short weeks you could be doing maintance! WOW!

Thank you for the kind words, I am always really surprised when people say they are motivated by me, lol, I just do the damn diet, I'm no different to anyone else (well, perhaps a bit more mental than most.. lol) and I definitely get inspired by so many people on here, but mainly by my CDC who I chose because I had a feeling she would be a rock for me in my otherwise sand-shifting life! Thankfully she has been precisely that and here I am 10 stone lighter as a result of my efforts and her constant encouragement. :D I hope you have as fab a CDC helping you along your way. The worst times are the teeny losses and the emotional bits... lol.. but then, I am an emotional nutcase!! ;)

Do feel free to message whenever you want to either on here or my diary or in PM. This site is a constant source of information and inspiration to me. Doing the recipes has made it possible for me to follow the plan and all thes incredible men and women going through the same angst and hurdles is a massive help! Hope you find the same x

I've lost 5.5lbs this week!!

Making 10 stone 1.7lbs gone!!

I had to take my boots off though (they weighed 2 lbs!!!) lol so in future barefoot weigh ins! lol hee hee

It was the boost I so needed to help the week get started on an upbeat note.

you floor me Jennie.
10 stone wow.
Getting weighed in your BOOTs that's just incredible.
Me, I remove my shoes,have a wee shave my legs & floss my teeth.You never know where those extra few grams that may make all the difference may be lurking.:p

Hi Elaine, thanks for the message :)

Gosh , you only live a step away from my mum! lol

All I can say is that I have been single-minded on this diet.

I am going to head into maintenance with the same strong-headed messianic (thanks Ailsa, lol) attitude to that too and just hope and pray that I can do it. I simply cannot contemplate having to start this journey again - ever - so that's what keeps me going.

That's the attitude that'll increase your chances of success.
messianic...Ailsa might well be right there!

Oh & I love your new Avatar.
There is simply no way that anyone looking at that pic of a young lovely would believe that you ever had a weightproblem let alone were the size that you were.

Jane - you really are lovely. Thank you. I used to do the wee, shave legs, floss teeth, have haircut, cut toenails.. etc etc when I did Slimming World, WeightWatchers etc etc.. this time 'round I kept my shoes on but did take me cardy off, lol However, I was SO determined to bag that 10 stoner that I asked if I could take off my boots.. lol... Now I have some new trainers (which I love) I may keep them on.. then again.. I did actually suggest stripping to me undies if the boot removal didn't cut the mustard! lololol

Thankfully that was NOT necessary!

I'm dead nervous about going 5 weeks without Ailsa - but bless her, she's so supportive. We've talked about what I'll do on hols and when she's on hols she says she'll have her mobby on.. lol I won't call her though - to me - when someone is on hols then they are NOT to be disturbed! Always been that way.

As for the messianic thing.. lol.. that's her term for my approach to CD from the word go.. lol THink she might have a point.. it's not going to be easy shifting from SS to maintenance but it's essential and so I'll do it!

Thanks for the kind comments about the pic.. I look at it and just don't see me at all.. lol.. hopefully that will change in time too!

Dead chuffed about your size 14 trews news! :D

Hi Jennie,

CONGRATULATIONS hun, 10 stone is amazing and looking at your pic you look fab, can't believe how much you've lost since i saw you in Brum in March. :)

I'm hoping to be at goal when we meet in September so hopefully will be looking as good as you do.

Take care

Jo xx

Hiya Jo

Thank you :) You'll definitely be at goal by September - blimey you and I are about the same weight! Mind you - it depends on your target. Mine's 11 1/2 stone / size 14 so pretty close and not as tough a target as I used to have..

Hoping to be at target when I get home from holiday :) Will be desperately trying to maintain by the time we meet in Brum so no telling where I'll be at then! lol

Looking forward to it though! Seems a lifetime away yet....

Hiya Jennie

Sorry haven't replied earlier but have been out and about the last couple of evenings.
Thanks for your encouragement - it really helps. I know in the next twelve weeks I could be at goal and I am really determined to do it. I too don't want to start this journey ever again. I think once the weight starts dropping off and people start to notice that alone is incentive enough to carry on.
By the way you look amazing in your new photo. What size are you into now?
So whereabouts does your ma live? You must know this neck of the woods quite well then.
Hope your next weigh in will be as good as your last one.
How is S by the way? I haven't had a chance to catch up on your latest news.
Have a good weekend.

Hiya Jennie

Sorry haven't replied earlier but have been out and about the last couple of evenings.
Thanks for your encouragement - it really helps. I know in the next twelve weeks I could be at goal and I am really determined to do it. I too don't want to start this journey ever again. I think once the weight starts dropping off and people start to notice that alone is incentive enough to carry on.

Definitely does - it will help you no end..

By the way you look amazing in your new photo. What size are you into now?

aww, thanks, the top is a 14 (my first ever in my life!!) the jeans 16

So whereabouts does your ma live? You must know this neck of the woods quite well then.

Mum lives in Chalfont St Peter - and I used to work in Amersham-On-The-Hill (many many moons ago! lol)

Hope your next weigh in will be as good as your last one.

I doubt it, but it will be a loss of some description, lol and I have to pick up mega amounts of packs!

How is S by the way? I haven't had a chance to catch up on your latest news.

Best not to ask.. lol.. if you get time have a look at the last few days on my weight loss diary - things are looking up though so fingers crossed!
Have a good weekend.

You too Elaine and good luck for your next weigh in too :)

I was SO determined to bag that 10 stoner that I asked if I could take off my boots.. lol..
Quite right too.
Especially as Ailsa is going away.you could have risked missing it altogether & umong straight to the 11stone marker!
. Now I have some new trainers (which I love) I may keep them on.. then again.. I did actually suggest stripping to me undies if the boot removal didn't cut the mustard! lololol
that's fine with me,whatever it takes to get the official result! (well I draw the line at hanging from the bannisters !)

I'm dead nervous about going 5 weeks without Ailsa - but bless her, she's so supportive. We've talked about what I'll do on hols and when she's on hols she says she'll have her mobby on.. lol I won't call her though - to me - when someone is on hols then they are NOT to be disturbed! Always been that way.

Couldn't agree more.Hols is Hols regardless of the personor the job.
My CDC has said the 'available via mobile' to me & so assume to all her clients. dedication I admire but wouldn't dream of abusing her goodwill.
what might be better is if CDC's could parup in a locality & agree to deal with each other's clients either by prior arrangement or incase of SOS while one or other is away.
I don't know what policies Cambridge has on the subjec,but it must be something that crops up regularly,especially during the summer.

As for the messianic thing.. lol.. that's her term for my approach to CD from the word go.. lol THink she might have a point.. it's not going to be easy shifting from SS to maintenance but it's essential and so I'll do it!

If messianic keeps you in the success lane than stay messianic!
It wouldn't do me any harm to emulate you a bit.
Maybe I could do mini-messianic.Agree totally about the transfer to food. I'm currently swinging from 'Bring it on I'm up to the challenge' = a good day. to 'OMG it's too scarey I want to hide inside SSing' on a less strong day.

Thanks for the kind comments about the pic.. I look at it and just don't see me at all.. lol.. hopefully that will change in time too!

Oh it will it will.I went to th los at cinema y'day & thay have a whole row of mirrors.I Caught myself walking through & just turned to stare.It was like turning the clock back.There was the old (ie younger pre kids) me staring back.

Dead chuffed about your size 14 trews news! :D

Me too:D had anticipated s16 with-a-struggle!:eek:
what I don't get is this::confused:
1. my posh-work-trousers are comfy-to-sl-loose. M&S s18.5-10 years old, Ditto M&S jeans of same era.
2.in my wardrobe I have 2 pr s14 M&S trousers 20 yrs old & they will NOT go over my hips
3. The stretchy-denim s14 M&S that I bought the other day were all gapey at the waist & have been taken in.(my life's story not getting trousers that fit cos I'm a freak:sigh:)

It is my belief that with the obesity epidemic of the last decade M&S have made their clothes 'more generous' to calm us into thinking we're not as fat as we are!
I wonder if anyone else has ad the same experience?
infactwhen I've caughtup on my 'homework' I'll pop a new thread on to ask.

Hope the R&R is working,have a good bank hols & real hols ....it's so close now

Back