Week 6 and disheartened with low weight losses advice please?

Hi guys I'm now down to 9st 2.5lbs from 10st 8lbs that's 19lbs (I think lol) lost,
Sexyshell I took your advice and did food diary's

hello - my first week at SW started Weds night - on track (I hope) but don't think i lost anything yet. Has anyone not lost anything in week1? I d feel I d let the consultant down and members would think i ve been cheating:( I want to be excited about Weds class weigh in but a bit apprehensive. Am loving the liberation from guilt and swinging between starving and pigging out - that liberation in itself is reward enough for me. But I would like to lose a bit into the bargain. I try to keep a check on my carbs except my HE B 2 slices of small Hovis, as I know they make me hold water. I ve been peeing for England but drinking loads of water too. Just a few pounds off on weds would reassure me I m not overeating ....I ll be a bit gutted if I lose nothing ;(

hello - my first week at SW started Weds night - on track (I hope) but don't think i lost anything yet. Has anyone not lost anything in week1? I d feel I d let the consultant down and members would think i ve been cheating:( I want to be excited about Weds class weigh in but a bit apprehensive. Am loving the liberation from guilt and swinging between starving and pigging out - that liberation in itself is reward enough for me. But I would like to lose a bit into the bargain. I try to keep a check on my carbs except my HE B 2 slices of small Hovis, as I know they make me hold water. I ve been peeing for England but drinking loads of water too. Just a few pounds off on weds would reassure me I m not overeating ....I ll be a bit gutted if I lose nothing ;(

I'm sure you'll lose something! My first week I only lost 1.5lb, but a whopping 7.5lb in week 2.

Enjoy the food you're eating, drink plenty and make sure you're eating your speed. Why not try porridge oats for your HEB instead of bread?

well its time of the month next week as well so I ll keep my expectations low - you did brilliantly there - n yep - I think my body is going to take a bit of time to adjust - as is my fear factor - all this food.....:) I need my two slices for toast with yummy free of the day - poached egg or pilchards in tomato sauce, reduced fat grated cheddar with a dash of tabasco.... blimey!!! im craving as we type :):)
I'm sure you'll lose something! My first week I only lost 1.5lb, but a whopping 7.5lb in week 2.

Enjoy the food you're eating, drink plenty and make sure you're eating your speed. Why not try porridge oats for your HEB instead of bread?

First weigh in tomorrow and i'm kinda dreading it :( haven't lost any weight. BUT..... I have had a talk with myself. Carbs have always made me hold water so apart from HE B next week am gonna keep them to a minimum.
I had a jacket potato, baked beans and cottage cheese but it was massive!!! Like a baby's head!!! Also, Hard boiled eggs bung me up something awful :(
Thus, I have concluded this ...... just because a food is within SW guidelines (free, HE etc) doesn't mean it won't still have the same impact on your body processes. Like if drinking a bottle of wine gives you a hangover, it will still give you a hangover, even counted as syns. If you have an allergy to strawberries, you will still have an allergy to them even as a S Free food.
So am going to take some responsibility for my food choices this next coming week now that the exhilaration of eating loads of allsorts from the free list has calmed down. Rice may be a free food but do I really need the full 2 person 2 minute pouch? No, I don't. The psychology of being able to eat unlimited amounts of free food is brilliant - I think it s a major key to the success of this programme - but I need to bring a bit of perspective to my intake.

There endeth the offload :) Thanks for listening :) xx

well I gained 1/2 a lb, which given TOTM being due and not much bathroom activity, I guess is not the end of the world. I m vowed to do EE SP this week and did well yesterday. There is no one to de rail this except me - no family to cook for etc. But could I ask please - a few posts mention portion control. Am already off carbs this week except 2 HE B - do any of you watch your P proteins? Breakfast yesterday was 3 medallions of fat removed bacon, 1 egg fried, 200 ish g baked beans, 3 tomatoes, lots of mushrooms. 1 HE B 1tbs brown sauce. is that too much? later in the day, I had two bowls of SW chicken and saag curry - all S and P in there plus 2 tsp 0% nat yoghurt. 1 tin pilchards P on 1 HE B toast. Finally SW aubergine stuffed with 300g 5% pork tomatoes grated carrot sage and dried herbs, onion, topped with 1 HE A 65 g reduced fat feta. 18 sys (10 of which were a sugar free sweeties blow out (TOTM craving). I also had lots of grapes as they were due to wrinkle and gave me a nibble while i worked. Am I eating too much? I had my gadstric band loosened off the day before joining SW (last week) so up till then I had been eating less but loads of bad things - 6 bags of crisps, full fat everything and plenty of it, tuna mayo baguette, 2 cream cakes. I had done slimfast for about 15 days and dropped about 4 lbs so I know my body can do it. any advice welcome please. xx

First weigh in tomorrow and i'm kinda dreading it :( haven't lost any weight. BUT..... I have had a talk with myself. Carbs have always made me hold water so apart from HE B next week am gonna keep them to a minimum.
I had a jacket potato, baked beans and cottage cheese but it was massive!!! Like a baby's head!!! Also, Hard boiled eggs bung me up something awful :(
Thus, I have concluded this ...... just because a food is within SW guidelines (free, HE etc) doesn't mean it won't still have the same impact on your body processes. Like if drinking a bottle of wine gives you a hangover, it will still give you a hangover, even counted as syns. If you have an allergy to strawberries, you will still have an allergy to them even as a S Free food.
So am going to take some responsibility for my food choices this next coming week now that the exhilaration of eating loads of allsorts from the free list has calmed down. Rice may be a free food but do I really need the full 2 person 2 minute pouch? No, I don't. The psychology of being able to eat unlimited amounts of free food is brilliant - I think it s a major key to the success of this programme - but I need to bring a bit of perspective to my intake.

There endeth the offload :) Thanks for listening :) xx
Just something your saying about the rice - if its the packet pre cooked stuff its covered in palm oil and isn't free it has to be syned and i heard my group leader saying its quite high - its only dried cooked yourself rice thats free. Hope that helps x

O
Just something your saying about the rice - if its the packet pre cooked stuff its covered in palm oil and isn't free it has to be syned and i heard my group leader saying its quite high - its only dried cooked yourself rice thats free. Hope that helps x
OMG Grace!!! Thanks for telling me that - I have definitely been going wrong in that way. I have twice or maybe 3 times, in week 1, eaten the full 2 person basmati rice pouch. Not counted as syns so I dread to think what I have racked up there :( I have some savoury rice in the cupboard but have synned the packets so I know what I m having. But its the basmati/boiled pouches I have fallen down with :( Am so grateful for you to sharing - thank you. I did actually buy some regular dried rice yesterday - that was to help me get a grip on portions though - I had no idea about the syn values :( Would you/anyone know what I should use as dry weight to get a realistic one person serving when cooked, please? I m sure any other newbies will find your info helpful too xxx

O

OMG Grace!!! Thanks for telling me that - I have definitely been going wrong in that way. I have twice or maybe 3 times, in week 1, eaten the full 2 person basmati rice pouch. Not counted as syns so I dread to think what I have racked up there :( I have some savoury rice in the cupboard but have synned the packets so I know what I m having. But its the basmati/boiled pouches I have fallen down with :( Am so grateful for you to sharing - thank you. I did actually buy some regular dried rice yesterday - that was to help me get a grip on portions though - I had no idea about the syn values :( Would you/anyone know what I should use as dry weight to get a realistic one person serving when cooked, please? I m sure any other newbies will find your info helpful too xxx
Hey thanks - Im new to this too and my first group was Wednesday - just got lucky hearing that - I appreciate you thanking me but pure luck that I found out. As far as portion size goes - it really is free so I wouldnt bother but if your insisting cook about half a mug dried - but more too as it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days 3 if wrapped well and freezer too obviously.

Hey thanks - Im new to this too and my first group was Wednesday - just got lucky hearing that - I appreciate you thanking me but pure luck that I found out. As far as portion size goes - it really is free so I wouldnt bother but if your insisting cook about half a mug dried - but more too as it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days 3 if wrapped well and freezer too obviously.
Cheers for that - I m learning so much from you guys on here :) xx

O

have you got access to the slimming world app?, your group consultant will provide you with a PIN number, once your on you can check syn values, so if your unsure you can just go and check I found it invaluable and don't guesstimate any thing always weigh stuff I find digital scales the best they are more accurate and to be honest there's really not many things that have to be weighed.
Good luck, onwards and upwards or should that be downwards lol

Back