Week 6: Some Highs & One Massive Low

judders74

Hi all,

I've reached the end of week six and its been seven days of opposites and mixed emotions for me....

Some Highs :D

The belt I wear to work has gone in five holes now since starting CD - in fact, its on the very last hole. I'm going to buy a new one next week!

I've reached one of my goals, to get into a size 18" collar shirt - actually, I'm wearing 17.5" collars now!

I've reached another of my goals, to be under 17 stone. I haven't been "16-stone-something" since 1998! I've also now lost over two and a half stone in 6 weeks.

People at work are starting notice I've lost weight and are asking me whats going on! This feels great.

A Massive Low :cry:

On Wednesday I found out my dog has cancer - I'm absolutely gutted. He is still pain-free and happy at the moment, and the prognosis is unknown (could be a couple of months, could be up to a year) but everythings been turned upside-down in my world. My old reaction would be to comfort myself with food, but the new me is not using food as a sticking plaster - I'm still firmly SSing 100%.

It hurts like hell though.

Judders74

I'm sorry to hear about your dog and just wanted to say well done for sticking with it.... Keep that chin up... Jules x

A very positive approach to a very bad situation. Good on you matey, not everyone could be that strong

Aww that is so sad. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of your poochy companion.
My cousins dog has just been diagnosed with cancer too, they are going through what you are.
I really hope you manage to look after yourself.
Lynne x

Well done on your fantastic loss to date, Sorry to here about your dog.. I am an emotional eater too but intend to be rigid with this. Won't be long before you have lost another 2 stone, at least that IS something within your control!

Well done on your weight loss you have done a fantastic job, sorry to hear about your dog. My dog too had cancer and it is really hard. They give such good companionship. Stay strong and hope for good times

A major well done with your weight loss - superb effort and fabulous results!

So sorry to hear about your dog, I think unless you own pets you cannot fully appreciate how much they mean to you and what companions they are. You must be going through hell right now with wondering if and when.

Whatever you do do not comfort yourself with food, it will make you even more upset believe me xxx

Awwwwwwww so sorry to hear about your dog you really must be heart broken.xx

Well done on sticking to ss , it must be really hard at the present time but it all for the good hun.xx

You are doing the right thing by not turning to food - it would just add to your problems as you would be so angry with yourself!
Your Doggy needs your love and attention [hug] and I hope you get some special time with him!
Fabulous weight loss and great that people are noticing!

Back