Week 6 - weight loss tip!!

Chantelle

Hey guys and gals

hope evryone is having a fab week.

Not long been back from my week 6 weigh in and i lost 4lbs this week!!

Thats 27lbs total or 18lbs on ww in 6 weeks!

I don't know if anyone has considered trying Xenical (Orlistat) but i started the tablets last weds...one week later and im 4lbs down, for a week 6 weigh in thats good going! I can honestly say I have not done anything differently this week bar taking the tablets.

They seem to be agreeing with me and whilst that is the case I will continue to take them.

If anyone is considering taking them alongside ww I would say go for it...could give u that boost , seems to have for me!

My GP is supportive of me taking them alongside ww and was happy that I had gone from 121kgs last time I saw him in March to 109kgs last wednesday!

xx

Congrats on the weight loss.

Is exncial the one if you eat fat you get bad stomaches? Like 'Alli' but stronger? I read in here about 2 months ago it's wouldn't really work as our saturated fat intake is low? But it worked for you on the first week? I have bad IBS and tumms bad most days so can't take it but good it's working :) be interesting what your next weigh in says :) xx

Ive done xenical along side WW in the past and must admit i didnt see any difference in my weight. God for you though! Its obviously working so keep it up :D

My personal feeling is that xenical blocks (dredging this up so could be wrong) around a quarter of the fat intake from any meal. My argument with WW or any other low fat diet is that the intake of fat is low theres barely anything to cut! But thats just my non-scientific view.

A lot of people do say taking the xenical puts them off indulging in naughty, high fat things because of the side affects of oily stools etc

Well done with the weightloss, keep it up :D

My doctor offered me slimming pills not sure which ones, but i want to try and loose weight myself but if in the future i feel like they will help i would probs give them a go.

x

just thought I would give u guys an update on how the Xenical (orlistat) tablets are going....I truly think they are working for me personally - I have been on them for three weeks and my weight losses have been really boosted as follows:

week 6 - lost 4lbs, week 7 lost 2.5lbs and week 8 i just lost another 3lbs

I have not done anything differently to the previous five weeks i did ww without the tablets and whilst I was still very happy with my losses I can definatley notice a difference!

I have had no adverse side effects as you need to stick to foods with less than 5% fat - i've basically carried on following ww and sticking to my points as usual

In answer to the question how u get them mine were prescribed my my doc - to qualify u need to have a bmi of 30 or more and u have to go back every month to get months supply so doc can monitor progress and make sure you are still losing weight with them

xx

Congratulations on the weight loss. Thats fantasic.

Ive been offered Orlistat before, but wont take them

well done, that's brilliant! obviously the tabs are working!

either way if it's the tablets doing the good job or not, congrats! if the weights coming off who cares how or why :D

I have been debating seeing my GP for these. As I understand it you need to show that you have been following an approved weight loss plan. My plan was to give ww 6 good weeks and see if I am happy with the way the weight comes off, if I feel its going ok then I will not bother seeing GP, if I feel its way to slow then I will see GP with my weigh in card and see what he says...

I saw the nurse at the end of July who told me my BMI was 33 and I should do something about that!

wow! fab loss well done!! ive contemplated asking GP for slimming pills but my friend was on Xenical a few years back and she gave me a pack to try... To me i think it was nothing more than aversion therapy!! She was the same really...
we just became scared of eating fat due to the horrible nasty side effects it can bring on! but rather than developing better tablets we swung from one extreme to the other, being fat phobic and then just omitting the tablets full stop and eating whatever rubbish we wanted!!!

not sure if my GP would even give them to me now... im hypothyroid so they would blame that first for any slow weight loss or weight gain...
xx

Back