Week 6 wi and my first GENUINE comment :)

jabbathehut

This is the last time!!
Well, just back from my week 6 weigh in and lost 3lbs this week. That makes 30 lbs as well as 30 inches gone in 6 weeks.
I'm not terribly disappointed, but I am a bit jaded by the fact that the friend who is doing this with me has not managed to complete a full week on SS yet, this week she had a MCd's and other things, yet she lost 6lbs. I just wonder, how can it be fair when I am completely strict, don't even have a coke zero or anything, just my shakes, water and an occasional bar.
I'm not dissing her, she deserves to lose weight as much as the next person, and I am not jealous, I just wonder how this crazy diet works sometimes. Almost makes me want to have a massive binge :rolleyes:, which I obviously won't do as I'd hate myself for it after (and probably be sick!)

On an upbeat note, I bumped into a friend in the shop and she almost walked past me. I said 'Hi' and she was amazed, and, get this, she said to me 'OMG Jan, when did you get so SKINNY?' I was beaming from ear to ear after that, nobody has ever said that to me, ever. I am obviously not skinny at 15 stone and a size 18-20 but it was my first comment from someone who had no idea about the diet and I was thrilled :D

Oh, also, I spoke to the CDC about my occasional dizzy/bleary eyed moments and she said it sounds like my blood pressure is a bit low and to nibble on some chicken in an evening.

Well done on a great loss and on reaching 30lbs gone forever!
You're doing great & it may very well be possible that your friend's snacking may well catch up with her eventually, either from the fact of NOT losing some week or losing control of the diet totally. At least you know you're in control and have the mental strength to keep going on this while you tackle your food issues. Long term success will ultimately be yours.

Well done on the fab compliment too - you must feel great and it's very much deserved :D

Yeah your definately right about this diet, i'm like a yo-yo lose 8lbs one week then 5 the next. Don't worry about other people and the end of day, you know you are losing the weight, everyone loses weight differently, a reason why there are so many diff.diets out there.

Wow thats a great comment, you must feel great, a great incentive to continue the good work.

And well done on your weight loss.

wow well done hunni.xx

does she perhaps have more weight to lose than you? ths may be the reason she has bigger loses. but your doing fine hun keep it up and remember a loss is better than none a all :) feel proud at how your doing....not what ohers are doing
xxxx

I was thinking the same as bridie, that perhaps your friend has more to lose than you? But this diet has been great for you so far, try not to focus on what she is doing. If she is flitting in and out of ketosis, it just makes it harder for her to in the long run anyway because she doesnt have the continuing positive effects from it :)

Well, just back from my week 6 weigh in and lost 3lbs this week. That makes 30 lbs as well as 30 inches gone in 6 weeks.
I'm not terribly disappointed, but I am a bit jaded by the fact that the friend who is doing this with me has not managed to complete a full week on SS yet, this week she had a MCd's and other things, yet she lost 6lbs. I just wonder, how can it be fair when I am completely strict, don't even have a coke zero or anything, just my shakes, water and an occasional bar.
I'm not dissing her, she deserves to lose weight as much as the next person, and I am not jealous, I just wonder how this crazy diet works sometimes. Almost makes me want to have a massive binge :rolleyes:, which I obviously won't do as I'd hate myself for it after (and probably be sick!)

On an upbeat note, I bumped into a friend in the shop and she almost walked past me. I said 'Hi' and she was amazed, and, get this, she said to me 'OMG Jan, when did you get so SKINNY?' I was beaming from ear to ear after that, nobody has ever said that to me, ever. I am obviously not skinny at 15 stone and a size 18-20 but it was my first comment from someone who had no idea about the diet and I was thrilled :D

Oh, also, I spoke to the CDC about my occasional dizzy/bleary eyed moments and she said it sounds like my blood pressure is a bit low and to nibble on some chicken in an evening.

well done on another great loss :D

try not to get down about others (sometimes faster) losses....I know it's hard not to compare but, we're all different..and you are doing really well !

great news bout the compliment - always great when people notice :)

Debz xx

I am actually heavier than my friend so it isn't that, I guess it just proves that we are all very different!
Told hubby tonight when he rang how much I have lost in weight and inches and he was gobsmacked. I know I have spoilt my surprise, but I felt the time was right to tell him.
Thansk for your replies.

Really pleased for you hun, your doing so so well!! Wish we could see hubby's face when he sees you.xx

Hi well done on your losses - you have lost consistently and not gained anything so this will help you achieve your goal. Our bodies are all different which is why we all lose so differently and some can eat and not gain others put on weight almost just at looking at something! It must have been great to hear that compliment and I bet your hubbie is really excited about coming home to see you - when is he due back? Congratulations and keep goingxx

A massive well done! How nice must that be for someone to notice your loss! I am sure it's really gutting that your friend is doing that, but she won't get away with it forever. You are absolutely doing the right thing. Can't wait to hear how your hubby reacts to seeing you. Even though you've told him the numbers, it won't be anything like actually seeing the weight off you when he gets home - make sure you tell us all about it x

He is due home on August 29th, so not that long really! He really annoyed me on Friday on the phone, but when he rang today he was so sweet and seemed genuinely remorseful for being a tit, so when he asked how it was going I told him if he REALLY wanted to know I'd tell him. He was amazed and thrilled for me as he knows what it means to me. He has told me that I have to buy new clothes when I go back to UK next week because I deserve to be treated. Sods law says I see nowt I like eh?
I agree, it's all well and good him knowing how much I have lost but until he sees me he won't have a clue really.
Going to try and take a full lenght pic tomorrow and see if I can figure how to put it on here!

p.s...he is only home for 10 days then goes back again until December, hopefully by then I will be at or near my goal :)

Back