Week 6 wobbles

Calorina

Hi all,

I'm on week 6 of TS here and have taken a bit of a break from the forums for various reasons (busy, then had a planned break and didn't want to write about it and derail anyone else!). But I have found the forum so helpful and I can feel I'm starting to wobble, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and repost.

Basically at the end of week 4 I took a planned break to go to my partner's family party. Got back into ketosis without issue and STS (stayed the same weight) that week. Then last week I got a weird fluey bug with a fever and my TOTM (together!) - was in bed for a few days so I decided to switch to WS and added in a low-carb meal while I was unwell. I did slip a bit then, too, had the odd glass of wine but I "allowed" it because I was unwell and still in ketosis.

Yesterday was my weigh-in day and inevitably I had another STS week - so that's a fortnight of plateauing. I thought I could rationalise it (TOTM, adding in a meal, illness) but yesterday I found myself eating THREE TESCO ULTRASLIM BARS plus half a pack when I got home, and today at work I've had two Ultraslim bars. I think I'm doing it because I'm upset about plateauing and am a bit "it's all rubbish, what's the use" - also I think they might make me a bit hungry.

I just want to knock them on the head and get on with things, I've got five weeks left on the plan and I could achieve so much then. I just feel like I'm starting to sabotage myself and I really don't want to. I'm better from my bug but still a bit run down, I'm incredibly busy (a day job and an evening job, plus have been doing my day boss' job while he was away for 3 weeks), I couldn't go to the gym while I was ill, obvs, but the previous week it was always packed when I went!

I'm not sure what the answer is. I don't really get very many opportunities to let off steam, so maybe I just needed a rant! I just want to stay on plan and stop messing things up for myself. Urgh. Thanks for reading!

Calorina said:
Hi all,

I'm on week 6 of TS here and have taken a bit of a break from the forums for various reasons (busy, then had a planned break and didn't want to write about it and derail anyone else!). But I have found the forum so helpful and I can feel I'm starting to wobble, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and repost.

Basically at the end of week 4 I took a planned break to go to my partner's family party. Got back into ketosis without issue and STS (stayed the same weight) that week. Then last week I got a weird fluey bug with a fever and my TOTM (together!) - was in bed for a few days so I decided to switch to WS and added in a low-carb meal while I was unwell. I did slip a bit then, too, had the odd glass of wine but I "allowed" it because I was unwell and still in ketosis.

Yesterday was my weigh-in day and inevitably I had another STS week - so that's a fortnight of plateauing. I thought I could rationalise it (TOTM, adding in a meal, illness) but yesterday I found myself eating THREE TESCO ULTRASLIM BARS plus half a pack when I got home, and today at work I've had two Ultraslim bars. I think I'm doing it because I'm upset about plateauing and am a bit "it's all rubbish, what's the use" - also I think they might make me a bit hungry.

I just want to knock them on the head and get on with things, I've got five weeks left on the plan and I could achieve so much then. I just feel like I'm starting to sabotage myself and I really don't want to. I'm better from my bug but still a bit run down, I'm incredibly busy (a day job and an evening job, plus have been doing my day boss' job while he was away for 3 weeks), I couldn't go to the gym while I was ill, obvs, but the previous week it was always packed when I went!

I'm not sure what the answer is. I don't really get very many opportunities to let off steam, so maybe I just needed a rant! I just want to stay on plan and stop messing things up for myself. Urgh. Thanks for reading!

You vent away. I'm sorry you are feeling a bit sh*tty. Stop eating. You wanna do this. And plan something in food related for your next day off to make yourself feel.better. comfort eating is not the answer, as you know x

You vent away. I'm sorry you are feeling a bit sh*tty. Stop eating. You wanna do this. And plan something in food related for your next day off to make yourself feel.better. comfort eating is not the answer, as you know x

I just wanted to say thanks - to both of you - for your replies. They've really helped. Find it hard to find the time to post on here, but I'm back on track now and I really think just this small bunch of replies helped me turn a corner (also Tesco bars make me hungry!).

xxx

Calorina said:
(also Tesco bars make me hungry!).

I don't have bars for that very reason! They make me so hungry I go looking for food everywhere!

Back