Week 7 Weigh In

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Hi everyone

Well I had a bad couple of days up in Scotland for my dad's funeral and I did end up eating - mostly through boredom and partly because I just felt I needed it.

I'm back on track now and pleased to report a 2lb weightloss this week which was somewhat of a shock I can tell you. I hit 2st off with LT since I started and next week I am going for my 40lbs total and my 3st off total, both of which should be achievable. I think I was given a reprieve and I'm not going to waste it by continuing to eat so am hopeful I can hit my mini goals for the coming week.

Still feeling sad and low about my dad but I know it's natural and will just take time.

Sorry you've had a bad couple of days Cookeh, but it looks like you've not done too much damage. Really glad you're back on track food wise and good luck with your goals.

Take care
Jon
xx

Well done on your loss Cookeh and glad to hear that you are back on track now. Its understandable that you ate whilst in Scotland and I am sure that a lot of people would have done the same. I am sure that you will achieve the goals that you want to now. :D

Cookeh, welcome back. No one can blame you for your little slip. You had a lot to cope with. Your two goals will be easily achieved for you. So good luck for the coming week.

Aww, thank you so much for your understanding and support.

I tell you something, it's weird feeling a bit hungry again since I had zero appetite from the moment I entered ketosis right up until a couple of days after my slip up! Can't wait to get the appetite suppressing effect going again, especially before Christmas day since I've made my mind up Im sticking to it over Christmas and I know if I slip up between now and then I'm likely to give in and eat on Christmas Day and I don't want to!!! hehe I actually think that has been a good thing for me because now I can see how difficult it can be restarting and getting into ketosis that I definitely DEFINITELY don't want to have to do it again!!

That's a good lesson to take from your slip up Cookeh. I don't trust myself enough yet to eat at all over Christmas and am enjoying the safety of LT. Part of me is not looking forward to re-feed but I know it's something we'll have to face. Good job we've got this forum to help us through it.

Jon
xx

I know what you mean Jon, there is definitely an element of safety involved in being totally committed to LT. We wouldn't be on it in the first place if we didn't have issues surrounding food.

You seem very dedicated to your weightloss journey and I think that once you enter refeed and maintenance any temptation you have to over indulge will be squashed flat by that sense of achievement and hard work it took to get to your goal in the first place. Sure, we'll no doubt want to eat things we haven't had in months, and not all those things will be healthy, but let's face it, you have to live your life after LT and that's going to be all about learning control and balance.

Do you have an idea in mind when you might start refeed? I probably won't be near enough to goal to do that til around April or May next year. Seems like such a long way off!!

My goal is to be on an even keel by the end of March when I'm going with my whole family (!) to Florida for a holiday. It's something we've been talking about and saving up for for years so it's a big thing for us all. I was determined I wasn't going to go waddling round Disney World with my 5 year old niece. And I would love to have the courage for the first time since I was a child to take my top off and go swimming.

My pharmacist wants me to start re-feeding when I am 1 stone away from my goal weight, and lose the last 14 pounds more slowly. I have about 37 or so pounds to lose, so I expect I'll start re-feeding at the end of January, and I really hope to be at my goal by the end of March. It is bothering me and I twitter on about it to my pharmacist endlessly. I have never felt as healthy and well as I feel now though, and I hope that will be enough to keep me sensible with food in the future.

Jon
xx

Back