Week 7 WI - need a bit of motivation here

minxie

One day at a time!
:sigh: Only lost 1lb today, although was weighed after a nightshift, so the end of my day rather than the usual beginning of day (does that sound like I'm making excuses? Who am I kidding?!). I have had a couple of major "blips" this week - that sounds less bad than actually admitting to what I've eaten:( I've also gone to SS+ on some days when I've felt the need and this might be slowing the loss down I guess. CDC supports me in doing this when I need to.

I'm now off for a week with lots of days out planned and a night away - please give me a kick and convince me that SS is the best way to go, and that I CAN do it. TIA!

Hi Minxie....

Only you can decide what's best for you! Nobody else knows you as well as you know yourself.

Having said that, from what you say in your post you have already decided what it is that you need to do and that's what you're going to do for the week (SS?)

I'd just like to say, though, that temptation exists everyday for everyone of us doing SS. Food is all around us. Therefore you need to develop a strategy to cope with those difficult moments. That's all they are, moments!
here are some suggestions that I've used to keep myself on the right track when the going gets tough!

-Envisage a massive stop sign when this happens and walk away... tell yourself that if you still want it in an hour then you can have it....

-Relive that disappointment that you had this week with your CDC, do you really want to repeat that next week?

-Put a piccy of yourself slim where the food is that you keep picking at... or carry it around with you and glance at it when you are tempted... it makes sense to remind yourself of what you are aiming for.... If you don't have a picture of you then find a photo of the body you really want and use that!
Hope something I've written helps you!

Thanks Alipally, your ideas will help. I especially like visualising the "Stop" sign - will certainly try to use it! I find it hardest at work really, my ward is opposite the canteen and every time the door opens I hear the chips calling me! Perhaps I should have a word with all the staff there and tell them not to serve me,LOL:)

Hiya Minxie

The bit about 'night shift' caught my attention. I did night shifts for a few years and used to drink a lot more fluids (like black coffee) to keep myself going - this might make a temporary difference to a morning weigh-in. But please don't be disappointed about a 1lb loss - I over reacted to a 1lb loss when I was on LL earlier this year, came off the diet and put back on 3 stones - that's why I am now on Cambridge. A cautionary tale!
Well done for committing to the diet and losing weight.

1lb off hun is super when you say you have had some major blips!

You need to write a list of reasons why you started the CD journey and stick it on your fridge!
Mine was dresses for a wedding the end of September.....and now i'm trying on size 10 and 12 dresses....i can see why it was worth while!

SS is hard work hun and i wouldnt wish it on anyone longer than necessary....but your not helping yourself at the moment....! If you can do SS for a set period, say a month, 100%...no blips, just think how much closer to goal you will be!

Unfortunately, only you can control the motivation, but it is in there...its just the fat girl of old trying to get that control back! Put her back in the cupboard and tell her you WILL be slim!!!!!

a day at a time now.....today...you will do SS/SS+ 100%!

xxxx

Hi Minxie, while I was away on holiday I wondered how you were doing :) I think you have done really really well. Look at how much weight you have lost in the previous 6 weeks - you are fab and it really notices too. Now you are on AL perhaps you will be able to stick 100% without having that horrible hospital canteen nearby. You WILL do it.

Me, on the other hand, is a different story!!! I have had a whole week off plan altogether, although I did want to stay on track it was so much harder than I thought. I have probably put on about 5-6 lbs this week. That was then and today is now ... I am back on track and WILL loose that weight this week.

Here is to a good week for all of us doing the CD - it is a fab diet HOORAY XXX

I agree that 1lb off after a major blip is actually quite good! At least you got straight on the wagon! Well done! xxx

Thanks everyone - you show faith in me so I wont let you, or me, down! Am feeling motivated to stick to it today - will pack my tetras and bars for my 2 day trip to Legoland - might have to have more than one bar a day but at least I'll be CDing not cheating!

I've been told that week 7 is the hardest week, and the week most people are likely to lapse or drop out, after the beginning.

It's the half way point of the program, the novelty has more than worn off, we are tired of the things we can't do etc etc.

Keep on going. You can get there :)

Back