Week 8 - weight loss too slow!

Lulabelle

Hi to you all.
I have been on Lighter Life for 8 weeks - due for weigh in tomorrow.
I am so disappointed. My weight loss has been so much slower than that of my group - some of whom have lost 3 stone already. I haven't even lost 2 stone yet, and this week I don't think I have lost anything at all!
I have stuck to the plan religously (no cheats at all), but am reaching the point where I am almost ready to quit. But now I am even more worried about going back to conventional food. If I can't achieve fast weight loss on 500 cals per day, how many should I be eating at the point of maintenance?
I have read some of the sound advice you have given my fellow dieters and could do with the support of some of you who have 'been there'!
Please help!
Sorry to be so negative for my first posting!
Thanks for your time.
Lulabelle
x
:cry:

Hi
I can understand how frustrating it is to 'seemingly' lose weight slowly when people around you are losing heady amounts but please try to remember that this is a PERSONAL journey and not a race. Comparing losses, although perhaps inevitable, isn't really helpful.

The largest part of our weight loss journeys are conducted in our heads - battles can be won or lost just by the way we think. Try to turn this thing around and think positively ... imagine if you'd GAINED almost 2 stones in 2 months - would you think it such a 'small' amount then? I doubt it.

You've done fantastically well and deserve a well-earned pat on the back for your determination!

Dear Lulabelle

Russiandoll is absolutely correct. It's hard, however, when you ARE comparing yourself with others, particularly in your group.

Peridot (a forum member) also struggled with a slower weight loss yet she still lost over 3 stone by the end of Foundation. If you do a search on here, I think you will find some of her posts.

Peridot also has her own blog, which you might want to read
http://www.lighterlife-munter2minx.blogspot.com/; as you will see, she is currently on holiday.

The critical thing to remember with LighterLife is that it is YOUR journey and your body. If you follow the programme, you will lose the weight. And looking at your ticker, it seems that you are more than half way through your weight loss! Well done!

Good luck and welcome to Minis! It's a fantastic forum.

Take care.

Mrs Lard xxxx

Hi to you all.
I have been on Lighter Life for 8 weeks - due for weigh in tomorrow.
I am so disappointed. My weight loss has been so much slower than that of my group - some of whom have lost 3 stone already. I haven't even lost 2 stone yet, and this week I don't think I have lost anything at all!
I have stuck to the plan religously (no cheats at all), but am reaching the point where I am almost ready to quit. But now I am even more worried about going back to conventional food. If I can't achieve fast weight loss on 500 cals per day, how many should I be eating at the point of maintenance?
I have read some of the sound advice you have given my fellow dieters and could do with the support of some of you who have 'been there'!
Please help!
Sorry to be so negative for my first posting!
Thanks for your time.
Lulabelle
x
:cry:

Hi Lulabelle,

Welcome to the forum.

First of all you should not compare your weight loss to others, even though we all tend to do this...as we all lose weight so very differently and a lot of factors can have an affect how much we lose from height, sex, activity, age etc.

As you get near to your BMI of 25 the weight does seem to slow down for so many and I see your 25.2.

We have many threads on here discussing how to shift the last stone as it does seem to be the most difficult.

Here's a good thread on the subject of slow weight loss started by Lilly and Karion Dieting makes some very good points.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/23860-why-does-my-weight-always-stop-point.html

Hang in there, if you stick with your diet it will come off!

Love Mini xxx

Lulabelle - hang on in there!

I know exactly where you are coming from. I am a very comptetive person and have found myself comparing my weight loss endlessly with other people in my group and my friend who is doing LL with another counsellor. When my said friend went into management two weeks ago my crooked thinking went very twisted and I felt like I'd totally "lost" the race as I still had weight to lose. I started weighing myself everyday and beating myself up over it if I hadn't seemingly lost everyday.

But - I came on here got some fantastic support and advice, got hubby to hide bathroom scales and tried to sort my head out. Lost two pounds this week but was pleased because more importantly I'd sorted my head out, listened to my adult ego state that tells me that on 590kcal a day I have to lose weight because of the sheer mathematics of it. Consequently I am very motivated.

Sorry to tell you my life story but I just wanted to illustrate that the biggest journey on LL is the one you have inside you head. Maybe at the moment you've just reached a twist in the road and can't quite see around the corner - but you will believe me. Keep coming here - the advice and support is phenomenal!

Lulabelle, you started out at the lowest possible weight you can be to start doing LighterLife, I would be very surprised if the people who have already lost 3st in your group started out at BMI 29. People who start out at BMI 29 are guaranteed to lose 3 stone in 14 weeks, so you are well on track for that. If you must compare yourself, you need to do it with other people who started at your BMI. Hope that helps!

Also - I lost 3 stone in the first 8 weeks, but I'm still a higher BMI than you now, after losing 7 stone!

Back