Week 9 - Struggling to eat/drink

Chunkeymonkey

Hello, Its week 9 now and Im struggling to eat or drink anything. I had one shake at 11 am and then it got to 8pm before I realised I hadnt had anymore.

Also my water consumption has gone down. I was on 6 litres or more a day and now I struggle to get down 3.

Ive been 100% ever since and not cheated but its starting to get boring now.

Any ideas on what to do?

Theres not a thing wrong with your current water consumption. 3 litres is absolutely plenty

Have you tried either changing the times of your shakes to have them at 'conventional' meal times or when you have one, set an alarm on your phone for your next one

I am in week 3 and am exactly the same, I've lost 2stones! But a few days ago I collapsed :-/ I was only having either 1 shake a day, or sometimes none, it wasnt a conscious decision to try and intensify diet, i just couldn't face them or didn't even think about them. But I put it down to finding out about my dads illness. After collapsing I have had a couple of salads n meat instead, and it is NOT good for me!!! I have put on 2lbs, and am hungry all the time, even tho I had no carbs! So tomorrow I am straight back on those shakes... I will force them down if I have to!
It's not easy, and I hope u get support u need, just wanted to let u kno ur not alone xxxx

i am coming to the end of week 7 and know exactly how you feel - 2 days running i have only had 1 shake... struggling to even get a litre of water and i feel unwell and constipated :(

i am coming to the end of week 7 and know exactly how you feel - 2 days running i have only had 1 shake... struggling to even get a litre of water and i feel unwell and constipated :(

No wonder youre unwell youre starving yourself!!! If youre struggling with the shakes maybe you need to consider another diet. You cant go on with 1 shake a day and less than a litre of water.

Please either do the diet properly or give it up. Your health is way too important to risk like this

Starlight said:
No wonder youre unwell youre starving yourself!!! If youre struggling with the shakes maybe you need to consider another diet. You cant go on with 1 shake a day and less than a litre of water.

Please either do the diet properly or give it up. Your health is way too important to risk like this

Agreed, you're doing your body serious harm - it will start eating muscle fibres for fuel if there is very little carbohydrates!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Theres not a thing wrong with your current water consumption. 3 litres is absolutely plenty

Have you tried either changing the times of your shakes to have them at 'conventional' meal times or when you have one, set an alarm on your phone for your next one

Thanks. I will do. I used to be really enthusiastic about it and had one every 3 hours. Perhaps Im constantly thinking about uni that makes me forget?

I think I might move up a plan now to SS+

thanks guys for the responses... i think i have been feeling so under the weather i couldnt face anything and lived on cups of tea...

but last night i had a 3egg omelette and a bar and i seem to have found myself again... just a mid-blip i think...

thanks for your concern, it means a lot, but i think i have picked myself up from the lul i was in :) back to cdc tomorrow too after 3 weeks of not seeing her, i don't think that has helped either

Thank goodness I am not alone....its been so difficult to have all the shakes the last couple of days...and I think thats meant I've had salad and quorn, but still this week SLS so disappointed but I think I am going to have to do it SS only.
On holiday next week and totally intend to stay SS+ at least for this week and then its SS only!

I guess 8 weeks and 2 and a half stone aint bad but I cannot stay the same for goodness sake not on what I am having. I wonder if its because I am feeling a little bloated and tolm?

Same here really don't seem to be hungry? Thats not to say if I'm bored that food isn't a temptation just got to stay strong, only 2lbs this week hope for a bit more next week!!

Same here really don't seem to be hungry?

But thats the whole point of ketosis. If youre on a VLCD you WONT be hungry. You need to stop thinking of the packs as food and waiting for hunger pangs to tell you to eat. Its not going to happen a lot of the time. If I waited for hunger to tell me to have a pack, Id have one every 4 days.

Think of them as fuel/medicine have them because you HAVE TO not because youre hungry. A VLCD is quite unique to anything else, usual rules dont apply here

Back