Week On / Week Off?

Emmenelle

Hi All

I've just come off the Cambridge Diet after 7 weeks and 2 stone due to a kidney infection. To get myself well, I'm eating again (sensibly!) but I was thinking about perhaps doing 2 weeks healthy eating, then 2 weeks S&S (decided against CD as the weekly visit to the Consultant is something I can do without).

Does anyone else do this? It seems a chance for me to get use to eating healthily again but to continue with the faster weightloss of a VLCD, or will I mess my body up? I'm kind of wary of this as I've never had anything like a kidney infection before, so part of me does wonder if it was caused by a VLCD...

thanks.

The only problem I can see with this is that if you are having carbs as part of your healthy eating you'll be going in and out of ketosis all the time - which won't help with the weight loss and probably won't be very pleasant!

Problem with that is as soon as you come off and eat you're going to regain water and have a gain your first week of eating
VLCDs aren't designed to be done for a week or so

I've had a few days of feeling hungry after exercising. I've ate a lot more than normal but have stuck to foods that will not take me out of ketosis. I couldn't bare keep going in and out week in week out. What about Atkins?

Ya... agreeing totally with weasy and starlight.... One solution might be to use the packs for some meals, so your still controlling your cals, but not be as strict as the real S&S... kinda like you might during maintenance?

Back