Week one down and only lost 2lbs!

lala85

Hey everyone, I restarted the Exante Total Solution Diet after a 10 month break. I have now been on the diet for one week and stuck to it exactly, drank over 2 litres of water plus exercised daily and I have only lost a measly 2lbs! I know any loss is a good thing but I was expecting to have a much bigger loss than this. I could have lost that on a diet where I eat real food. It hasn't given me much motivation, I've been trying to get this last stone off for such a long time and came back to this diet as I know it worked well in the past. Just feel a bit bummed out about it after being so strict and having to turn down drinks and meals with friends etc.

Can anyone tell me if they've had a similar situation or if you have any advice please? Thankyou

I only lost 5 1/2 lb which although is more, is nowhere near my 13 lb loss i had in my first week last year. It's frustrating Iknow, but a loss is a loss and you know somwtimes the loss shows on the next week.
Don't be disheartened, keep at it and see how next week goes. I would suggest maybe knocking off the exercise too as when your body is going into ketosis, exercise can be a bad thing believe it or not. Someone else was talking about it the other day. chellywellyboot explained why not to exercise really well on a thread started by carlalilly i think it was
stay strong, chin up snd see what happens next week xx

Thankyou for your encouragement you're probably right. I haven't been too hard on the exercise just a few long walks, 40 mins of yoga a day and one aerobics dvd. I will try and take it easier maybe. Fingers crossed for next week. Well done on your losses :)

thanks, hoping they get bigger!
maybe just stick to walking and some light yoga until your body is in ketosis. Keep your fluid intake up, 2-3 litres if you can, I know it's hard though as I really struggle drinking so much!

I'm sure you are going to see some good losses though hun, just give it some time xx

That's far too much exercise for your first week, you're not really supposed to do any exercise other than a bit of light walking the first couple of weeks while your body gets used to the low number of calories and being in ketosis. If you burn too many calories from exercise your body goes into starvation mode and will hold on to dear life to everything and you wont lose, plus it will start breaking down your muscles as fuel instead of using your fat. That's why you've lost so little this week. Have a week of doing the same water/pack wise and no exercise and you'll see the difference. Once your body is used to being in this state you can start to up the exercise a bit.

That's far too much exercise for your first week, you're not really supposed to do any exercise other than a bit of light walking the first couple of weeks while your body gets used to the low number of calories and being in ketosis. If you burn too many calories from exercise your body goes into starvation mode and will hold on to dear life to everything and you wont lose, plus it will start breaking down your muscles as fuel instead of using your fat. That's why you've lost so little this week. Have a week of doing the same water/pack wise and no exercise and you'll see the difference. Once your body is used to being in this state you can start to up the exercise a bit.

Fab advice x

lol that's the kind of advice I was referring to! Thanks JAel you are a gem of knowledge

Yep exactly as jael said! Enjoy a week of chill axing!! Lol the most exercise I do is about 20 minutes of walking to and from my car to work (10mims each way)

Back