Week six... just hanging on in there!

I thought it would be much much easier by now, and in some ways it is, but the food smell temptation thing is just getting worse and worse! I don't know whether it's because I'm so bored of the sachets, or just getting increasingly jealous of everyone around me eating the gorgeous food I cook ;) but I'm in a real tough mindset this week. Not planning on lapsing but definitely a head down slog ahead of me til this mindset changes! Weight loss has been slow this last week or two as well, but as I've not been perfect it's not surprising! Only the odd taste or two, but enough to make me feel bad about myself.......IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!! Anyhow, still overall delighted with what I've lost so far, and determined to be back on track this week. I'm finally down a jean size (could be because I was only just squeezing in to the one above to start with!!:p:eek:) and I can see the change, so I really should be totally positive... I will do it... I will do it.... I will not eat the carpet..

Sophie

you are doing a fab job well done on your loss so far. I have found some weeks harder than others, but my loss has kept me going.

Thanks Eileen! I just have to work out all the mindgames I'm going through now - like why I still want to taste what i've cooked when I know I'll feel awful for doing it! Makes no sense at all..

Hi Triphazard (also love the name)

Sometimes all you can do is white knuckle it through the weeks where is seems hard to stay abstinent. There are always weeks that are harder than others, the more you can stay away from the little tastes of "real" food here and there - the easier in general your journey seems to be in the long run.
Remember to remind yourself how well you are doing with regular non food rewards and "try on everything" shopping trips. The more you learn to reward yourself in ways which are not associated with food, the more you will help yourself later in the programme when food is re-introduced. It might not feel like it at the moment, but you are already re-programming yourself in day to day life by abstaining and finding alternatives! You will feel so different in a few weeks (and not just physically) you will barely recognise yourself.

Good luck and keep on trucking
Laura

Back