WEEK TWO WEIGH IN.......

lauraekeegan

Morning all!

Just been weighed and lost 4lbs this week! I knew I wouldn't get a huge loss as I lost 12 last week but am thrilled that I've lost 1 stone 2 lbs in a fortnight and am now back to my Wedding Day weight. Can't wait till next Sunday already as if I lose, I'll be the lightest weight I've been in 4 years :D. First I've just got to get through a big family roast dinner at a Carvery today and lunch with 2 of my girlfriends tomorrow!

:D

Thanks a million! I am chuffed :) Getting on the scales really makes me want to stick to it. I've 3 weigh in's to lose 12lbs to get to my first goal so fingers crossed! xx

I'm sure you will be able to loose 12 pounds in 3 weeks :). I think its good to set myself goals as it gives me something to aim for rather than looking at the total I want to loose as it seems so much. I am trying to take one week at a time. I feel the days are starting to get quicker than when I started 11 days ago. How are you finding sticking to it?

Finding it ok Lizzie. Struggled a wee bit yesterday in M & S food hall, lol. Mother in law and friend are here for the weekend so I'm making them all bacon and eggs for coming back from church and it smells delish! I agree with you, after week 1 the days get quicker. I have a big day out on Saturday 13th October so that's my first wee goal and I'm stopping it then for 2 weeks holiday. Am going to get back on it when I get back, I hope. Are you looking forward to your weigh in? x

I know what you mean, shopping is hard! I have just come back from tesco after doing a big shop for my husband and kids. Its so hard seeing everything and not being able to have it! I am also making a roast today so I will enjoy a shake while they eat lol. The weather is so depressing here today, its been raining all day. I am really looking forward to my weigh in, hoping for 4 pounds to make it a stone altogether. My first goal is 13th October too strangely enough. I am going to meet some friends I haven't seen for a while and we are all going out for the night. I think I am probably going to avoid alcohol though as I have read it can be dangerous while in ketosis. I also went to the cinema the other night and had no popcorn. I don't think I have ever done that lol. Cinema and popcorn go together for me so it was quite hard. Its the same with everything though really, just got to get use to not associating food with everything. Where are you going on holiday? x

Hi Ladies! Great stuff Laura, it's so motivating! (Hijack thread ever so briefly to let you know that I am in my size 14 GAP jeans!Give it another week and they'll be fitting REAL good!)

Back to the matter at hand; I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm so relieved that my OH is doing the diet with me and I don't have to buy/cook regular meals! It's bad enough that he cooks up his chicken in the evening (he's on SS+!). I just keep thinking of the amazing meal I will have in a few weeks time and how great I'll feel when I eat it. I hope thats the case!!

My 'first' event is 17th November so I am going to be 100% SS up until then. I have discussed with my OH and as its the weekend before my big party he thinks it's a good idea to 'ease' myself into food/carbs ready for boozing at my birthday! The plan at the moment is to not drink at the 17th November event and to have my shakes, but to have the meat part of the meal. Theres a three course meal and I will avoid the carbs and have the meat and veg and I will forego desert (luckily I don't have a sweet tooth so that shouldn't be too hard for me!).

I want to have lost as much as possible by my birthday party, so I will come out of ketosis the day before/day off my party....I was going to ask for advice on that nearer the time. I don't intend a massive binge but just a couple of bits of toast! Then a low carb meal before I go out. I think I'll then be off plan until the 4th December but again, I don't intend to go crazy. I really don't want to gain loads of weight back!!! It's tough.....but as I say, I'll take advice nearer the time!

Hi Lizzie and Nikki

Nikki - well done re the jeans! Whoop whoop! That's fab!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is great to have wee goals isn't it. Lizzie, like you I'll be seeing a friend I haven't seen for a few weeks on the 13th. She had a gastric band fitted a year ago at the cost of £7k and since then has become the frigging oracle on all things diet related. She's lost 4 stone and is probably still about 18 stone. She's been trying to give me diet advice and (rightly or wrongly), it's pissing me off! I've not told her that I'm doing this so can't wait to see her face lol. Am I bad?

PS, went to the beach this afternoon with family and my daughter had chips and I didn't have 1!!!! Then we went out for a carvery and i had 2 pots of tea!

Laura - well done on not having the chips or the carvery! Its hard but after you feel so much better that you didn't give in to temptation. It's horrible when people think they know everything about dieting and I can see why it's annoying you. I told my sister in law yesterday about being on this diet and she basically started lecturing me. She told me it was completely unhealthy and started telling me what I should be eating! It's like she thought I would just stop the diet and follow what she said. It really annoyed me. It's a good thing you haven't told your friend you are doing this diet and no you are not bad at all! Other peoples opinons can just upset you so sometimes better if they don't know. She will also see how much weight you have lost by yourself unlike her as she has had a gastric and. You should be really proud of yourself xx

Nikki - Well done on getting in to your 14 jeans!! That must feel amazing! Can't wait until I get to that size. I have so much clothes in my wardrobe from when I was 10/12 about 6 years ago but they seem so old now so I think when I get to goal it will be an excuse for a new wardrobe for me. :)

hi ladies,

welldone on your loss! Thats amazing, my 2nd weigh in is on wed, so excited! I have been doing ss+ this week, so hope the loss is still as good.

I think the whole not telling people is right, everyone is so negative, i think its jealousy that we are actually doing something about our weight. I went to my MILs the weekend and just told her i was healthy eating, i will tell people i have done this diet once i feel 100% about it but for now only my nearest and dearest know.

Re drinking, i went out on sat night and I did have a couple of spirits with soda water but had seabass and veg before i went out, i felt fine, little bit heady in the morning but i think everyone reacts differently. I go on hol in 8 weeks (22nd November) and am going to do step 3 the week before and step 2 the week before that so my body doesnt cling to the extra cals whilst im away. hope this will work, fingers crossed!! xx

Hello ladies!

How is your day going? Mine has been so/so. Went out for lunch with 2 of my girlfriends (they ate, I had peppermint tea) and maybe struggled ever so slightly. Mind you, that's the 3rd time in 5 days I've been out in a restaurant and not ate so hardly surprising I struggled. On top of that, I'm a bit cranky today but I think that's maybe tiredness. Early night for me! On the plus side, my friend said she could really see the difference so that was nice. :)

As for telling people, I have only told a handful of my really supportive good friends. There's a few I'll avoid telling for as long as I can as everyone has a frigging opinion and it's really annoying!

Skinnybean, that's a really good idea before your hols! I should really do that as I do intend to kick back on my hols but I don't want to come back after putting on a whack. Have you tried that method before? x

Hello ladies!

Skinnybean, that's a really good idea before your hols! I should really do that as I do intend to kick back on my hols but I don't want to come back after putting on a whack. Have you tried that method before? x

No I haven't, this is my first time on cd, but I have been reading my book, and the reasons you go up the steps instead of just stopping is so your body doesn't cling to the calories. So I thought my idea would help a little, also I suffer from IBS, have been fine on cd but I know if I just suddenly give my body new food again I will be ill the entire holiday as it won't be able to cope with the fat. I just don't want to put like 7lbs on!! Xx

Back