Week6 Day 3

Ella Belle

Silver Member
Just a little mini rant: Every morning I jump on the scales. I don't pay much attention to what it says, I go by the scales in the chemist every Monday but I like to see the number dropping and trying to figure out how much I might lose before the next wi. However, last week I noticed that I lost nothing (zero change on the scales!!) for the first 3 days of my week. I was a bit freaked out and so pushed myself to exercise a lot over the weekend and by Monday I had lost 4.5lbs. Disappointingly this week my scales have read the same weight since Monday morning...thats 4 mornings in a row :eek:!! I just don't get it! My weight loss has been a bit up and down although I have been completely 100% tfr with no cheats or blips or anything for five and a half weeks now. Anyway, just wanted to have a little give out. Here's hoping tomorrow my scales say I'm down 20lbs and apologises for upsetting me the past few days :p

Have a good day everyone x

Hi Belle.....firstly well done for dropping 4lbs....I would not worry about the scales...they have a mind of their own...but I find that when I exercise it does help to speed things up and wondering if you did any more exercise since the weekend? I think regular exercise is better than short out bursts...not sure if that is the case....:rolleyes:

Keep at it...i'm positive you will lose this week.:whacky068::fingerscrossed:

Thanks Funky, I do exercise all through the week though, most days I go to the gym after work and then on weekends it's long mountain walks and treadmill sprints when I get back...last weekend I just did a lot more on the treadmill and did a few workout dvds to try to make up for the crappy scales reading. I'm hoping my body just likes to take a rest from losing at the start of the week and will make up for it in spades come next Monday :) x

You amaze me...where do you get the energy to do so much.....right that's it ....lunchtime gym here I come!!!I need a bit of a boost as well....Don't worry it will defo drop off by mon for you belle you work so hard!...(Damn you ....Moody scale!!!LOL!:confused:)

Yeah maybe my scale is depressed or something!! pmsl

I've always exercised a lot when I'm in the groove, I feel guilty if I don't but to keep it from going in a psychotic direction I always set out an exercise plan at the start of the week and it makes me love the time I set aside for sitting by the fire and relaxing. It does help that I have the time, I have no OH, no kids, just a dog and a house to mind (well and a sick Mammy but she loves seeing me go off exercising). Every time I'm losing weight I seem to have more energy than before, and knowing that I'll have to be fit to maintain at the end of it keeps me motivated too. Lunchtime workouts are great, 30min cardio is all you need to make a difference!! :) x

Happens to me too Elle......but according to my scales I've dropped 5lbs since last Friday.....not complaining but the week before they only moved a pound! must be something to do with fluids as well as fat???

I think you're right Sandra, just a minute ago I suddenly got the feeling of being really bloated so perhaps that might explain something....still think my scales is just being a b!tch though :)

I think you're right Sandra, just a minute ago I suddenly got the feeling of being really bloated so perhaps that might explain something....still think my scales is just being a b!tch though :)

Are they good ones? I've got Rosemary Conley ones that have a % fat thingy on too (can't remember how to work it though!) and they stay in the same place on the tiled floor in the bathroom.... apparently they should be on a hard surface and you should try not to move them around. Dunno who told me that but it seems to ring a bell.....I've got supermarket 'own brand' ones in France and they change even as I'm standing on them!

Wish I could say they weren't but they are pretty good ones. They tell me my BMI, % Body Fat, % Water and a few other things that I don't take any notice of. They live in my spare room where all my workout equip is, on the hard floor.....perhaps they just got addicted to the heavy weight of me and are having trouble dealing with the loss..who knows...hopefully they'll start telling a different story tomorrow :)

Bloody hell, didn't know that you could get ones that did water too......do they tell you off if you've put on a lb?!;)

Yeah they turn up the heat if I put on weight and burn the soles of my feet as punishment...evil evil scales!!!

Bloody scales....too complicated for their own good....have you heard of a talking one?!! Would hate to have one of those.....yes....going to the gym for a brisk walk on the treadmill for 30mins. You got me going now Bella. :whacky068:

Maybe top up with loads of water.....and let it nature take it's course and let it drain away?

That's excellent Funky, enjoy it now...just think of all those muscles working to tone your legs and arms!! :)

Haven't heard of talking ones but there were some in the Firebox magazine, that came in the post today, that apparently send a load of info to your computer by wifi.......why would you need that???? surely you can just look down? unless of course your big fat tummy gets in the way and you can't see the dial:giggle:

I hear you ella, I was steady last week and I checked this morning and my weight is still the same, weigh in is tommorrow morning, I cant imagine loosing overnight, I have been 100% for five weeks now the only thing i changed was i quit smoking two weeks ago and stopped loosing weight apparently, I am backed up not even ducolax works sorry t.m.i. but its really messing with my head, i'm thinking if nothing changes next week im coming off lipotrim coz i cant justify staying on 450 cals a day and not loosing anything sorry im ranting...good luck to you...xoxoxo

Trose it's so disheartening but I think we really have to stick with it. You will definitely be burning fat, just probably your body has to adjust to the lack of nicotine. I did read somewhere recently that nicotine helps weightloss in some messed up way and so quitting will no doubt confuse your body but IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! Sorry for the shout there:eek:! You will lose again, and I bet it will be loads when you do. I gave up smoking only a few months ago too so I know how you feel. Let's stick with it and see how we go..even if it says we lose nothing again this week, we'll know that we're doing the right things anyway..the rewards will come eventually :D x

I hear you ella, I was steady last week and I checked this morning and my weight is still the same, weigh in is tommorrow morning, I cant imagine loosing overnight, I have been 100% for five weeks now the only thing i changed was i quit smoking two weeks ago and stopped loosing weight apparently, I am backed up not even ducolax works sorry t.m.i. but its really messing with my head, i'm thinking if nothing changes next week im coming off lipotrim coz i cant justify staying on 450 cals a day and not loosing anything sorry im ranting...good luck to you...xoxoxo

Trose, if you look at my signature you will see that I pretty much stopped losing at 5 weeks too and, like you,I had serious constipation (read my blog for my solution!) got over it though........stick with it sweetheart X

Thanks ladies, i would be lost without you all, the funny thing is i dont feel like smoking or eating, its just making me anxious staying steady, hopefully my body will adjust to all the changes soon, on another note i will check out ur blog sandra & i will report back with the results lol,,

Good luck for tomorrow Trose... Let us know how you get on x x

The majority of us suffer/have suffered with constipation.. Try psyllium husks, they worked wonders for me (and others) when nothing else did... Please do not ignore it.. One poster on here now has the start of a bowel prolapse due to constipation, and now she has to come off LT...

Good luck hun x x

thanx Su, I will check out the Physillium husks (sounds really appetizing lol)

Back