Weekend at the caravan - What to eat?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Im taking my kiddiwinks to the caravan for the long weekend ( its a static so reasonable cooking facilities!)
Im the only one on the plan so want relatively easy meals for 3 days - kids are happy with sarnies!
Help me oh clever ones :rolleyes:

Plenty of mugshots and cous cous which can be used with the kettle.

Take a cool pack for things like hams and salad, not sure how long they would last in a cool pack though. (or if it has a fridge you'll be ok)

if it has a hob, things such as pasta, beans, spaghetti would all be good for green days. With your pasta you could take a jar of pesto as a little goes a long way.

I know some supermarkets tinned things are free like meats on red days, and things like chickpea dahl is free on green days. could take some of them

Hope that is of some help :)

Ooh, we have the same dilema, were going in a few weeks! but we decided to treat ourselves...by treat, i mean, sw burger and chips! fish, chips mushy peas! but we are making the burgers beforehand. Were also gonna have things like tuna pasta salad, ham salads, cous cous with salsa. And were making a sw cheesecake for desert one evening! But if your going for quick and easy, how about sw omelettes, good hot or cold, cous cous, pasta salad, ham with sw coleslaw, good old jacket spud? fruit kebabs xx

We had our first trip out in our new caravan last weekend (touring kind). All I did was to take my lunch with me for when we arrived and then did a quick shop in the nearest town (I did take extra light mayo, just in case they didn't stock it)
You've got all of the usual cooking facilities, so, in theory, you can eat as you usually do!!!
The only problem I had was when they all wanted fish and chips!! I ate slightly earlier and then walked off whilst they all scoffed it!
Good luck and don't forget to have a wonderful time!!!
x

Back