Weekend awards dinner away...

And i didn't stuff myself like the little piggie i am usually!
I'm jolly proud of myself!
I had my starter of soup and half my main course, a large spoonful of my pudding and i didn't feel left out at all! I am so proud of myself!
In turn i didn't have large takeaways in the services on the journey there and back again, i didn't have lots of alcohol or sugary drinks, and i didn't have masses of fry up for breakfast!
I cannot believe how well behaved i was, this is so very unlike me! We travel around to events a lot for OHs paintball games [what this awards dinner was for ] and for my Rat Shows and we usually go mental on food like its going out of fashion, like its part of the whole 'treat' of going away.

This bodes well for great things! I'm so so pleased with myself.

Although i have to admit, i didnt like wearing a dress. It showed me just how much weight i'd put on and i was so uncomfortable being in anyones line of vision, and the whole place had giant mirrors everywhere and couldnt stand it. I got changed into jeans and a tank top after the dinner when the disco started.

Next years awards do i'll stand proudly in a nice dress at a good healthy size and not be fearful.

Congratulations

Well done you!
You did just the right thing - instead of avoiding the event, you went, you took part, you enjoyed it and you stayed in control - FANTASTIC.
Imagine how you will be next year !!!

Thank you for replies! :D Yes i had a wonderful time, it really does encourage me. I can't help thinking that if i was nervous i probably would have comfort eaten all weekend! Isn't that backwards LOL

You've answered my question! was wondering where you'd been! nosey parker that i am!

Well done, you do feel such a sense of acheivement when you can say no, it's so hard to do, i try to imagine the feeling of walking away having had controlled the situation.
Well done x

Thank yoooou :D
I don't think i have any other meals coming up, thank heavens! Mind you christmas on the horizon. Not sure how easily i can decline mince pies and cookies.
Also at the beginning of December i'm having a bake sale for paintball game - i'm notorious for bringing baked yummies for the crowds and its been getting more and more demand from the other teams whenever i bring 'over flow' and i'm getting popular, so in the next few weeks i shall have to bake in excess of 300 cakes and cookies i reckon.

This might get interesting. Hopefully i'll become so sick of making them i'll be repulsed to eat them myself!

Back