Weekend Hell - food mentioned

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Oh guys. Weekend from hell.

Husband job hunting has to begin in earnest, we have a few months but its looking like he needs to start job hunting.

Washing machine is broken, its boiled my uniforms tops and dont think its fixable as steam was belching out of the drawer. Tried to open the drawer to let steam out got a rather nasty burn for my trouble. The steam was so hot its deformed the plastic on the front of the machine. I think, warranty aside I need a new machine. It looked like hubby had fixed it then it locked in my trousers.

Which means I have to go to MIL to wash my uniforms for tomorrow. Joys.

Then wee sis was coming up yesterday with her new girlfriend. I was cooking dinner, went to Tesco and agonised over what to make as she is a fussy eater. Got a chicken to raost, veggies and potatoes to roast, and a lemon cheesecake

Put chicken in oven for 1.25 hours. Took chicken out oven to rest (nice and brown on top), put in roasties. Went back to turn roasties after 15 mins look distinctly soggy. Realised that for past 1.25 hours I had been grilling the chicken. So dinner ruined. Apart from the cheesecake. "Oh but I don't like cheesecake" :mad:

So we phone a takeaway. I say "Would you like to half a curry between you?" Thinking a whole tray of curry each would be too much. "No we like one each", so hating waste I bring out containers for them to take extra home as I HATE throwing food out, esp when I've paid for it. No they tip it all on thier plates and end up leaving most of it, and sis gf just picked all the chicken out of her curry leaving all the rest to be thrown out. I've binned most of the takeaway, mines went in the freezer.

I've not managed to get any essay done, nor make it to reference library, nor am I likely to with the MIL washing situation either.

And I've realised I've put the wrong off duty in the staff book on placement.

So after those two horrendous days the scales now show 11st 13lbs. Which is a gain of 10lbs in 2 days. Mostly carb gain granted but still, bloody hell.

Take note, all you people who panic after gaining a pound or two off plan after a day, amateurs. THATS the way to do it.

We salute you - I know I for one have had comparable experiences - maybe it's one of those times that you'll look back on and laugh............maybe.
Here's to the gain disappearing as quickly as it came ;)

Oh guys. Weekend from hell.

Husband job hunting has to begin in earnest, we have a few months but its looking like he needs to start job hunting.

Washing machine is broken, its boiled my uniforms tops and dont think its fixable as steam was belching out of the drawer. Tried to open the drawer to let steam out got a rather nasty burn for my trouble. The steam was so hot its deformed the plastic on the front of the machine. I think, warranty aside I need a new machine. It looked like hubby had fixed it then it locked in my trousers.

Which means I have to go to MIL to wash my uniforms for tomorrow. Joys.

Then wee sis was coming up yesterday with her new girlfriend. I was cooking dinner, went to Tesco and agonised over what to make as she is a fussy eater. Got a chicken to raost, veggies and potatoes to roast, and a lemon cheesecake

Put chicken in oven for 1.25 hours. Took chicken out oven to rest (nice and brown on top), put in roasties. Went back to turn roasties after 15 mins look distinctly soggy. Realised that for past 1.25 hours I had been grilling the chicken. So dinner ruined. Apart from the cheesecake. "Oh but I don't like cheesecake" :mad:

So we phone a takeaway. I say "Would you like to half a curry between you?" Thinking a whole tray of curry each would be too much. "No we like one each", so hating waste I bring out containers for them to take extra home as I HATE throwing food out, esp when I've paid for it. No they tip it all on thier plates and end up leaving most of it, and sis gf just picked all the chicken out of her curry leaving all the rest to be thrown out. I've binned most of the takeaway, mines went in the freezer.

I've not managed to get any essay done, nor make it to reference library, nor am I likely to with the MIL washing situation either.

And I've realised I've put the wrong off duty in the staff book on placement.

So after those two horrendous days the scales now show 11st 13lbs. Which is a gain of 10lbs in 2 days. Mostly carb gain granted but still, bloody hell.

Take note, all you people who panic after gaining a pound or two off plan after a day, amateurs. THATS the way to do it.

Oh, honey, what a nightmare weekend!! These things always come at once don't they?
Hope it all sorts out - and those pounds will come off double quick, am sure they are practically all water xxxx

Oh, Lexie! :grouphugg:

Tell you what. You can win first prize for best reason to go off plan, okay? Let's see, is there a smilie that looks like a medal? Goes to look...

Ah, here we go. You can have a cup, look! :winner:

See, my falling off the wagon last night wasn't for nearly as good reasons. Can you believe I managed to convince myself that as I was constipated (taken everything but nothing's working, grrrr..) it would be okay to eat a little bit of chocolate...? :doh:

Way to sabotage the week's weight loss (I weigh in on Sundays :()

But reading your story, I feel like I've got nothing to complain about at all (other than the fact I'm still constipated - TMI, sorry). Hope the washing doesn't take as long as you fear. Any chance of claiming compensation from the washing machine company? Or is it an old machine? You mentioned warranty, that's why I wondered.

And you're right - those 10 pounds are glycogen, water and salt. They'll be off in no time.

Here's hoping you have a better Sunday, babe. :hug99:

aww Hun, I put 9 lbs on at glasto and lost it all andmore since being ss since Tuesday. It doesn't stick around for long, and it also may be stress too that has contributed in your situation. Good luck with the mil situation, I have issues with mine and I grit my teeth when she does us a favour or anything.

Oh, you poor thing.. what a nightmare. I have to agree though, I hate it when you have to waste good food (especially 'naughty' take aways!) I'm wondering if in part this is because as a 'trying to reform' food addict I can't help but think that it could have been saved it for another meal/snack for myself!! Another habit to break, to add to the ever growing list.... You've done so well, I'm sure you'll get back on track in no time. xx

The machines is only 3 years old as we bought it month before we got married.

Ended up couldnt go to MIL as her water was off due to a burst mains, so had to go to my mums instead and this time we followed the sat nav and got lost.

Back on CD as of tomorrow morning. Stopping at BMI 25 I think now, as the sachets are making me heave although hopefully thats a transient thing and if it resolves might stay on a bit longer. Want to get to a size 12 but still firmly a 14 even at 158lbs.

Tell you something, eating off plan has given me chronic heartburn. Gaviscon by the bucket here.

Hopefully that will resolve tomorrow.

Oh Lexie my heart goes out to you chick!!! and Im so sorry that the sachets making you heave - you have got soooo much going on a the moment aswell as doing your training.

I think it would be a great idea to finish ssing or ss+ing at BMI 25 as then you will no longer be overweight - yey. Im also going to look at whether I stop then or carry on for another 7lbs - knowing me like I do I will probably stop at BMI 25 as Ive been dieting for too long now and am only doing ss+ for 3 weeks than 2 wks uip the plans and thats me finished - no more money for shakes - so am giving it my best shot for thenext 3 wks to get as much as I can off and hope to god I reach BMI 25!!!

Sending you hugs
Love
Jess
xxx

I have 3 pounds to go, not counting the 10lb (so far) accrued during two days off plan. So a couple of weeks should see that BMI 25 target.

Then working up the plans for the minimum time implied. I'm not being disrespectful to CD or the people who follow those plans, I just feel at the moment I've had enough.

I do intend to worth through the plans at 810 for 1 week, 1000 etc just I don't want to see the shakes at the moment.

Although theres always the tetras and bars I suppose, so I'll see how I feel.

I know what you mean - when you have lost that amount it does get like that remember how I was before my hols! it was awful - Im sure you will be fine Lexie and before you know it you will be there and looking fantastic - you have done extremely and superbly well to do al this throughout your training. I spent my HV training eating like a pig and putting 2 stone on. Kept saying need to do CD , but just thought got enough stress going on dont need anymore and then it took until Feb for me to do somet about it.

Keep your chin up
Love
Jess
xxx

Back