Weekends are hell!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
This is my first weekend on the diet. Im on sole source and finding it quite tough. Im on day 3 so far but have been very good. ive spent the day in the pub with my boyfriend and stuck to bottled water. ive just finished a bowl of oriental soup whilst he is tucking into an indian takeaway. i know im going to find weekends hard as they usually consisted of going out to eat or ordering takeaways. but thats how ive ended up being overweight and unhappy. its driving me mad tho :cry:. but i keep looking at my 'skinny' clothes and visualising me wearing them. stay strong everyone xxxx

Thread moved due to food references

So that's Saturday over! Hopefully Sunday won't be too difficult! Managed to go to my sisters tonight and watch everyone else drinking and nibbling! However, now I can't sleep with so much coffee!!!!!

keke22 said:
Threads are moved if we mention food?? Where to?? If only it was that easy to hide from food!

Lol, looks like it was moved to the Cambridge diet forum from the Cambridge 100% posts. They have a rule in the 100% forum that you can't talk about food, I guess some people find it easier to avoid food if they can avoid discussion of it

i have to admit this was my first weekend and i found it so tough! i couldn't believe how much my life was spent being around food!!

Definitely agree...........Just had my first weekend and although I didn't really feel hungry, I really missed the habit of eating!! It almost felt like I had nothing to do just because I wasn't constantly munching on something!!:D

Totally agree! It's amazing how much of your day is taken up eating, cooking, thinking about what you are gonna cook, planning ur next meal while eating your current meal, looking in the fridge 50 times a day! Lol! I've been doing it 2 1/2 wks now, and I never feel really hungry, but I find it so boring eating 3 times a day and taking 2 mins to prepare each meal!

Weekends are really hard, watching a film chilling, no crisps, choc or popcorn or takeaway! Just a shake and water. But it will be worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes and worse if it is raining! My latest indoor fad is throwing things out. Have thrown away half my clothes and books, all old diaries, cards and letters and some electricals. It takes my mind off food and I recycle everything. I am itching to throw more things out but at this rate I will be able to fit my belongings into a shoebox!

I'm trying not to think about that!! Am planning on keeping myself very very busy!

You know something weird though, after a while of sticking to sole source, once you have put new habits in place to fill your time all that thinking about food vanishes. In fact I'm now finding it quite hard to think about food.

Next week is my first and only planned break from the diet. Im in my third month, it's my birthday and I'm away at a beautiful hotel for a conference but some of my friends have also booked rooms to spend m birthday with me.

So anyway my on,ly planned break and I thoug.htl that I would be looking forward to a few days of good food and drink, but I'm really not. In fact he thought is quite odd. I've so successfully stuck to sole source by adjusting my lifestyle and adjdusting my mental attitude to one that sees cd as my food, and that's making h idea of breaking that feel a little nerve-inducing.

I am making a concious effort to try do the same, not to think of food!! It seems to be working as well, I even managed to sit next to my hubby last night as he ordered and ate a pizza, which I would normally crave, and as he ate I had my SS+ meal of spiced fish and broccoli!! Was soooooo proud of myself, and surprisingly it didn't bother me that much because I know why I am doing this!! To live a healthier and more active life :D

I'm in week 14 I think now (mad that I used to count the days, now I'm not entirely sure of the week). As you go along, it just becomes what you do doesn't it? I started off counting the days to my 810 wk & dreaming of the lentil dhal recipe in the book. It when it arrived I was petrified of my 810 week. Ss is just so much easier. I didn't enjoy the food as much as I thought I would & it felt like I was cheating the while time so I was glad to get bck on. I'm sure you'll be fine on your break, you've been on it so long that I think you'll find it hard to eat too much. I felt like I'd forgotten how to use a spoon! Good luck & enjoy.

Ive just had my second weekend and the only problem i have is wine I love a glass of wine. Does anyone know if just one glass would bring me out of ketosis? Or if red is better than white or which. Im out for my anniversary meal sunday and few drinks but dont know what to do!

xxxxxx

MissieCB said:
Ive just had my second weekend and the only problem i have is wine I love a glass of wine. Does anyone know if just one glass would bring me out of ketosis? Or if red is better than white or which. Im out for my anniversary meal sunday and few drinks but dont know what to do!

xxxxxx
Wine has loads of carbs in! I have had a vodka and slim line tonic before and stayed in ketosis! But it's not recommended that you drink x

It's really dangerous.
Take it from someone that knows what can happen if u drink whilst on very little calories
Please don't do it
X

ooooooooooooo ok wont then and Ill read the sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice guys!

Back