Weekends off??!!

Krissy1

Is anyone like me going off their diets at the weekend? If so, what effect does this have on your personal weight-loss? :confused:

There's a thread on here called 'disappointed' that was me saying how bad I felt for having a very bad weekend but I got weighed yday and still managed to lose 0.5 think it all depends how bad you are and obviously everybody is different who says it won't catch up on me next week!

But this was a first for me I haven't struggled with my other weekends but then only in my 5th week. Going to make sure it doesn't happen again though x

Do you mean you deliberately go off plan at the weekend, or find the plan harder to stick to at the weekend?

Thanks for that. This is my 4th week and I felt I really needed to indulge in my favourite foods/drink. Although I don't find the diet too hard most days, last weekend I just went to pot for some reason.

A bit of both really. I deliberately lighten up at the weekends as a treat and also because I do find it harder. I am used to the old plate of curry, pint of beer etc at the weekends and I feel if I don't do this it all becomes too much for me. The previous weekend I felt quite happy to stick to the SW plan all day until the evening but last weekend I just couldn't manage it all all. I have heard some people do this but I guess it takes its toll on my weight-loss as even on my better-behaved weekends I still only lose about a pound a week.

In my 20s I used to be able to be 100% Mon-Fri and then have the weekends off, and would still lose weight consistently. Now I'm in my 30s that luxury is long gone, and a weekend off plan will usually result in a gain unless I eat very little the rest of the week :( Boo to metabolisms getting slower!!

My friend has successfully lost 2.5 stone from February by sticking 100% to SW 4 days and using very little syns then partying and eating what she wants at the weekend. Mind you she walks 3 miles every night and goes to the gym 3 times a week too.....

I wish I could do that... I go to the gym 5 times a week and still can't get away with that! x

So how many syns do you think you need for a weekend where you'd not feel deprived? Have you thought about looking at alternatives, for example lower syn curries, lower syn drinks, so you can still enjoy yourself but within reason.

There's a saying 'if you keep doing the same things you're going to get the same results' so if you want to lose weight you are going to have to make changes, all be it little ones but changes.

Have you tried having your syns on a weekly basis, for some people it works, for others it doesn't but it's worth a try.

i think if it doesn't affect your losses then go for it, if it starts coming the point when your losses slow down or you come to a plateau then that'll be the time to start changing things up :)

Oh I'm the same. Weekends have always been my downfall. I'm working on it though, but I do find it hard not to have a seriously good Sunday lunch (SW roasts just dont do it for me!!).

When I first started sw weekends weren't generally an issue for me and I stuck to plan 99.9% of the time and lost really well. Then I reached my target and with one thing and another(holidays/christmas etc) I gained about half a stone back on.
For some reason now I struggle with weekends and social occasions a lot more and feel fed up at times having to make 'good choices' when a lot of my family etc seem to be able to have what they want and I go off plan a lot more, it seems to work out at about 2/3rds on plan 1/3 off and I tend to have gains then lose a bit but I am not getting back to where I'd really like to be but am not putting it all back on and am getting to relax and join in with my family/friends too so its swings and roundabouts with me and overall I am ok with this.
If its taking its toll on your weight loss in a way you aren't happy with it might be worth making some changes as Happy Holidays suggests and really thinking about what you want more and if its the weight loss remember that and that you are makingh the choices for you and not missing out but gaining a lovely new figure x

My friend has successfully lost 2.5 stone from February by sticking 100% to SW 4 days and using very little syns then partying and eating what she wants at the weekend. Mind you she walks 3 miles every night and goes to the gym 3 times a week too.....

Could all depend on so much though like how much she has to lose, as some say maybe her age and what sort of thing it is she wants to eat at the weekends and how much alcohol 'partying' involves. If I ate everything I wanted to at the weekends I would soon be back where I started but thats because I am a greedy s*d :eek:

I eat very low syn during the week and allow myself my treats at weekend but i make sensible choices there possible

Eg last weekend i was out all day fri and sat

Fri i had a 99 ice cream at beach, went for lunch but had a baked potato with 5 bean chilli so was good
Sat had drinks out with bf in sun then went to a bbq where i ate what everyone else had and had an ice lolly after along with drinks but i did syn in the next day and reduced syns rest of the week accordingly.

I find it much easier on weekly syns :)

Goodluck

Ps iv lost every week this way but i usually am under syns by end of week!

Back