Wegle's Vegetarian EE Diary

Wegle

So I thought it was a good idea to start keeping an online food diary. I keep a paper one but thought sharing one here would be good as I can get tips from others and hopefully pass on some of my own veggie favourites. I've been doing SW for a week and 2 days so far so I will post my diaries from the last two days then we'll go from there.

Wednesday 8 April

Breakfast - Nothing (I know but I've just never been a breakfast eater and I'm not going to start eating for the sake of it if I'm not hungry)
Morning Snack - Mandarin
Lunch - Wegle's 3 bean salad (recipe below), banana
Dinner - SW Roasted Vegetable Pasta ready meal, Wholemeal Roll (HEB), 40g Reduced Fat cheddar (HEA), Butter 2.5 syns

Thursday 9 April

Breakfast - Nothing
Morning Snack - Mandarin
Lunch - Wegle's 3 bean salad, banana
Dinner - SW Burrito recipe below, 40g Reduced fat cheddar (HEA), wrap for burrito 9 syns

Wegle's 3 Bean Salad

Ingredients
3 tins of your beans of choice - I like Cannellini, Flageolet and Adzuki
Cucumber
Celery
Spring Onion
Tomatoes
Sweetcorn
Any other salad veg that you like.
Fat Free French Dressing

Method

1. Open the beans and give them a wash. Throw them into a big mixing bowl
2. Cut up your veg to how you like it, throw it in the bowl as well.
3. Add as much FF dressing as you like.
4. Give it all a big stir and portion into tubs ready to take to work.

SW Burrito

Ingredients
Left Over SW veggie chilli - Quorn mince, tinned tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms etc.
Shredded lettuce
Sliced tomatoes
40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Lidl Mediterranean Herb Wrap (9 syns)

Method
1. Lay the wrap out, put in some shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
2. Add as much of the leftover chilli as you like.
3. Top with reduced fat cheddar.
4. Wrap it all up and enjoy!

So far a good week. I'm hoping my sprilizer has arrived today and then I can make some courgette pasta tonight and make a nice mushroom, fake bacon and cheese sauce to go on top.

Hey Hubz!

First week was really good. I lost 7lbs so was really chuffed. I'm hoping for at least 2lbs this week fingers crossed!

Hi wegle I'm not entirely a vegetarian but i don't eat alot of meat maybe occasionally once a week

Can i ask if your doing green days or extra easy

Hi wegle I'm not entirely a vegetarian but i don't eat alot of meat maybe occasionally once a week

Can i ask if your doing green days or extra easy

Hi Sim Sim. I used to always do Green when I was with SW before but when I rejoined my consultant said the Green plan had gone so I'm doing EE this time around. It's taken some getting used to as I miss the extra cheese you used to be allowed but my first week's loss was 7lbs, which is double my highest ever loss on Green so I'm sticking with it!

Friday 10 April

Breakfast - Nothing
Morning Snack - Mandarin
Lunch - Wegle's 3 bean salad, banana, pack of pickled onion space raiders (3 syns)
Dinner - Courgette pasta topped with a cheese sauce made from 60g Kerry Low Low Spread (HEA) & vegetable stock, Quorn bacon (3.5 syns), mushrooms. Wholemeal Roll (HEB) with butter (1.5 syns)

Total Syns - 8

I was pleasantly surprised with the courgette pasta. I felt plenty full after and it was really tasty. I'm going to have it again today to use up the other half of the courgette.

Sold!! Going to run with how you do it then!! So ee 1 a and 1b then

So i asked my hubby to get me some beans while he did the shop i said just get a few different type and just get smart price ones what did he get? Heinz baked beans!!!!! Grrrr which is fine too as they too will get eaten!!

anyhooo i thought I'd share one of my made up recipes with you!! I roasted butternut squash last night in a bit of salt and paprika today i added half of that to chick peas some red onion coriander and red pepper topped off with chopped baby spinach ooohhh dressed with a dash of lime and some curry powder tooo I'm proud of this one hence wanted to share

So i asked my hubby to get me some beans while he did the shop i said just get a few different type and just get smart price ones what did he get? Heinz baked beans!!!!! Grrrr which is fine too as they too will get eaten!!

anyhooo i thought I'd share one of my made up recipes with you!! I roasted butternut squash last night in a bit of salt and paprika today i added half of that to chick peas some red onion coriander and red pepper topped off with chopped baby spinach ooohhh dressed with a dash of lime and some curry powder tooo I'm proud of this one hence wanted to share

Haha! Silly Husband! At least he tried. That recipe sounds delicious. I will definitely give it a go. I love butternut squash so I'm always excited to try it in new things.

Back