Weigh Day/Treat Day question!

bexie1981

Does everybody have their treat night on the same day as their weigh in? This is what I'm doing, so that I have a whole week to work it off before I have to get weighed again :)
However! As my weigh day is Wednesday and that's when I have my Chinese, by Saturday I'm left really wishing I could have a takeaway again. That's what we used to do, and I'm a creature of habit!
So, do I move both my weigh day and my treat day to Saturday, or do I have my Chinese on a Saturday, and still weigh in Wednesday? Does it affect your losses if your treat night is close to your weigh in? Does any of this make sense?!:confused:

Complete sense!!

Its a personal decision at the end of the day but just to let you know, my weigh day has always been a Tuesday (morn) and I always (save for of course) have my treat night on a Friday! (or sometimes a Sat - depends) - Ive never found it to be a problem.

I can see why you'd want to change it! - I waaay prefer a take away on the weekend!

How many points do you save up for it? I looked up a website with point for takeaways and some indian food came up with 22 points before you had anything with it. I only get 26 in a day so i'd have to do some serious saving! Perhaps Indian food isn't an option? living without it for hte rest of my life doesn't sound like a workable solution.

Personally I have my treat night on my wi night. Ill have banked a good few points then & I see it as my reward. I used to have my Chinese on a Saturday but didnt enjoy it as much knowing my wi was ono Monday.

Are you going to classes beckie or could you change your night to a Saturday.

my weigh day is tues & by time i weigh & get home i have about 1 hr b4 i have to go to work so really don't have time to be able to enjoy a treat, it would prob be eating for the sake of it, so this week i saved a few points & joined the family in having a chinese last night. As it was once i had pointed it i'd only used 9 points anyway, not much more than a regular evening meal. I certainly enjoyed it ;)
xx

I'm doing WW at home Starlight, so could easily change my weigh day. Think I'll make my treat night Saturday and stick to my Wednesday weigh ins for now and see how it works out! I can always change it around again. It all evens out in the end anyway I'm sure.
Saree, I tend to have a Chinese for my treat and work it into my points. (lol, I sound like I've been doing this for ages and I'm only on my second week!) An Indian takeaway is just too many points and I don't want to start going over my points, cos that's always the rocky road to ruin for me!
Does everybody stick within their points on treat night (saved and otherwise)? Or are treat nights just nights where you have what you want and don't worry about the points?!

I think I'll have to work my treat into my points for the forseeable future, as I need the discipline! The damage I could do in an evening would probably wipe out my good behaviour from the week :)
I'm on 26 points a day at the moment, which is quite a good amount when it comes to being able to snack and have treats. I always make sure I have brekkie and lunch, which I never did before I started WW. In fact, I'm eating more now than I ever did before, and losing weight!
It's nice to know that not pointing now and again doesn't have an adverse effect though. We all need a little time off sometimes!

I didnt even really know about this treat night thing until yesterday, and I think that if I was to do it, I would have to keep to the points still, that I had saved over the week, because there is no way that I could be disciplined to just eat something bad, then carry on again after.....I think it is a fab idea and a way to stay motivated throughout the rest of the week though. So I might think of something I really want each week, then work out the extra points that I will need for it, then divide them over the week so I know how much to save each day....x

I deliberately usually have Chinese. Even 2 courses (ribs & chicken fried rice) is only 19.5 points - WELL within my daily limit. Allow a few extra for some alcohol & Im still in my daily allowance and I usually have some banked. Id say that my treat night is well within my limit for the day but its sort of a psychological thing, because it isnt something I have mid week & it is higher in points, it works as a treat.

Sometimes Ill have a normal dinner & a bag of Asda Onion Ring Crisps, which is 10 points, thats my treat but itll be well UNDER the points I have.

For me its more a frame of mind thing :)

I feel a bit naughty now for making treat night sound like it's just part of the diet, hahaha.

It isn't actually part of the diet at all (not officially - not as officially as we all make it sound anyway, lol) but if you're saving points for it and not going over them, then it's definitely a way of making the diet seem even easier (in my opinion) because you can still have the weekend takeaway, or that bar of choc to yourself, or that bottle (or two..) of wine etc - I love that ww allows me to do that :)
well said chick totally agreex

I have always, always saved points for treat night!! I just assumed everyone else did too!

Am really suprised that some have it as just that, a treat, outside the points allowance - its something that never dawned on me to do - it really is lovely to know that you can have the odd day off like that without blowing the diet and still loose weight that week!!! :eek::)

Personally though, I think Ill continue to save the points and have my treat within my allowance. I think that if I didnt, I would feel like I was undoing all my work during the week, if you know what I mean!!.

ok how do any of you save any points, i have 19 points a day and am that hungry that i always use to the last point! am i never gone have a treat night!!!???xx

I love treat night - sometimes that's the only thing that gets me through the week! LOL

Have to say I DON'T save points oops. I try and not be too bad though, but if I am, I cut back the day after. Works for me!
xx

on weigh in day me and mattie have ww fry up. its soooo yummy

Back