Weigh in again

Hi all,

Well the title says it all really.:sigh:

My baby is at the vets for tests all day and I felt awful leaving her - she just kept looking back at me:cry:. The vet also said something very strange that I am stressing over....she was feeling around Bells and asking me questions when she asked if Bells had been spayed? I replied that was the reason she had given for the incontinence then she said that she could feel Bella's stomach very clearly but tried to steer me into a different conversation.:confused: I'm probably reading too much into it.

I can ring after 2pm to find out what time I can pick her up later. I'm going to make her a lovely homemade dinner tonight from the doggie dinner cookbook that I have as a special treat.

Then I get to work and find that I've left my shakes for the day at home.:mad: (I live too far away to go back for them) My boss told me to go to the shop but I've got wi tonight so that is not an option. I will just have to drink water.

So I am now worried about Bells and sooooo hungry (and needing lots of trips to the loo!)

Better get back on as I'm leaving early too.

I hope your pooch is ok Lenny ((((hugs))))

Good Morning everyone,

I picked up Bells last night and they said that they couldn't find a cause for the extra water she is drinking:confused: They have sent some bloods off for more analysis and we will get the results on Friday. That mystery day cost £425.00:mad: so I think I will be putting in a claim with the insurance.

I cooked Bells meaty parsnip mash last night and she licked the bowl clean so I think she enjoyed it. They had told me that she would probably just sleep and not eat much:rolleyes:

WI - I had put on 4 lbs since last WI 3 weeks ago but lost 6lbs since last wednesday. I gained 1lb in the last two days though?????? TOTM has so much to answer for.

I have told my cdc that I will stay on CD until Xmas and then move onto a more conventional diet. She was actually in agreement because she said I have been on CD since 4/1/07 and I have now made it a way of life so after Xmas I will no longer be on this crazy diet.
I think that I need to do this because I am finding that I am on a yo-yo....be good, binge, back to being good, binge etc, etc. So now I have made the decision I feel better and determined to lose as much as possible before crimbo.

I'm on my first litre of the day. It is grey and miserable here but not too cold thankfully. I'm doing 790 from now on for a couple of weeks (until nxt wi)

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care:)

Hi Lenny, I'm glad Bella is home with you.....deff claim on the insurance, vet bills are so huge...crazy prices...

I agree that we can get into the situation on yo-yo dieting, I for one (have a read of my diary in the weigh loss forum) have been there many times....I do hope that now I have finally got my head right and that the yo-yo has ended. Fingers crossed...I never say never.!! just hope.

Have a good day Lenny

HM

Hi Lenny.

Just catching up with your thread again.

I am so pleased to hear that Bella is home with you now...I can imagine the worry that you went through...definitely claim on the insurance...it's why you pay it!
Just forget about the yo-yo'ing and look forward instead. You will get there Hun!

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xxx

Hi Len!

Sorry I haven't been arounf much - I've been reading but just been v slack at actually replying and updating!!

I think you're doing the right thing by sticking it out till x-mas then moving. It does get to a stage where you start taking it for granteed and it becoming a way of life more that a diet (I know only too well!) A new diet might be good for you what with the new rules etc that go with it so it will be a new project to get your teeth into!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog - hope it all gets sorted soon! And don't worry about those few pesky pounds you put on they will easily come off again and it's always going to be the gylocgen levels going up and down that's doing it!

I'm back on track again, although I'm very impressed as I didn't fall off really just stopped it and have managed to maintain andeat healthily very well. Going back on it for the next few weeks to drop the last few pounds before x-mas and as Im now a CDC (yay me) I've got to show a good example! Totm for me to though so not really feeling it at all but going to knuckle down, just got to get through the next few days and then they will turn into weeks easy peasy!

Hope work is ok and your not finding it too hard getting back on the wagon etc!

Speak soon chick

N xx

Good Afternoon all :)

I hope you all had great weekends????

I had a disaster weekend where diet was concerned. Friday night we went to a presentation evening for a charity walk John did - had oven baked salmon, new pots with veg (covered in garlic butter:eek:) John got very drunk and was sick when we got home!

Saturday I got up very early for a Sat (6.00am) and drove to my twin's house - John came with me but looked very ill still hahaha. Two of our older sisters met us there and we all went off to Swindon christmas shopping (not really just an excuse for a girlie shopping day as we have made a pact not to buy pressies this year - they will all buy for their kids but no-one else (mum is a pensioner and really can't afford it - we are a large family. There will be 25 of us for boxing day dinner down the local). Anyway we started the shopping day with a cooked brekkie and later on had a chicken and mixed veg panini. Then later had a chicken kebab! Not enough water today.

Sunday -I felt so rotten this morning and had toast:mad: Then rolo cookies and a roast dinner. Again not enough water.

Today hasn't started too well either - toast again.:cry:

I'm also back on the Lemsips - if I could have stayed in bed I would have but my boss is in hospital today having keyhole surgery on his knee so I am in charge.

Bella - the vet phoned us last week...her bloods were all clear so they want her in tomorrow for 24hours observation. They have admitted that they can't get an accurate reading to see if her kidneys are functioning as they should be and they want to check for non-sugar diabetes too. She could also have the canine version of ocd. She has got into the habit of drinking and we need to break the habit. After tomorrow that is the next step (she drank alot over the weekend again and she had an accident in my twin's bed when she was asleep:eek:) Luckily Di and Andy were okay with this and realise that she couldn't help it. I am angry with John too as he stopped giving her the incontinence meds because she wasn't drinking as much (bl**dy men).

I'm just really fed up at the moment for no apparent reason. I can't seem to get past the 11st mark and back into the 10's. I have one good week then wreck it at the weekend.

I'm pathetic and sorry for whinging on.

I will be back on 790 tomorrow. I will be stressing anyway that Bells will hate being stuck at the vets (she is very sensitive and will probably sulk) so I won't be very hungry.

I've also got a mountain of washing and ironing to get through but can't seem to find the time at the moment. Also the washing - we don't have a tumble dryer and our gas tank is empty so no central heating at the moment either - I can't get anything dry.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

God, I'm in a moaning myrtle mood today.

Sorry to anyone who has stuck out this waffle to the end. I'm off to make another peppermint green tea and will try to cheer up.

Take care

:hug99:

You are not alone today Myrtle!!! Shift across and I will join you on the fence!!

If you are feeling rough Hun...you need to take medicine...for that to work, you need to eat! Ergo...don't beat yourself up over it.

You have a lot on your plate (pardon the pun) right now with Bella and work and it's all getting on top of you.
Just take a few minutes to take a deep breath and step out of your day for an hour at least.

I get through the week ok and then throw it all away at the weekends. I guess that I will have to try and come on here if things are getting too much.

Take care Hun and remember...you are not alone!

Kerry-Ann
xxx

Morning all,

I'm in a much better mood today I am happy to report.:p

I am now on my third day of a new start for xmas and feeling good. I had a killer headache last night so I took some aspirin and went to bed at 9pm:) but other than that I'm flying on my SS week. Hopefully I will be visited by the K fairy soon but my mouth already tastes rancid so it should be soon.

On the day of my bad mood I weighed in at 11.6 in my pj's -this morning I was 11st 0. So quite chuffed and determined to get to the finish line at last. As I have said before I am stopping CD after xmas to find a more conventional diet that is basically healthy eating. I will still post on Mini's so you won't get rid of me just yet!

I have joined the December challenge and pledged to lose 7lbs so that will take me to 10.7. This is still 7lbs away from goal but better than I have managed in months to be honest.

I'm managing 4 - 5 litre of water daily and a couple of peppermint green teas thrown in for good measure. I'm also using 300mls for the shakes and soups whereas I used to use 250mls (every little helps)

I have weigh in on Tuesday and I actually feel capable of getting through the weekend without any glitches. I'm off to Cheltenham later to get the works christmas cards and I'm gonna pop into La Senza where I saw a little sexy nightie:phahaha

Good luck for anyone with WI's and good luck for the weekend for those who struggle.

Take care and see you all next week.

X

Evening everyone:p

It's Sunday evening and I have managed the weekend without a blip! Except a couple of jelly babies:sigh:.

Yesterday was a slow water day but I did have about 3 litres. Today has been better. I have drunk at least 4 litres today but by the time I go to bed it might be closer to 5 (yeah!):D. I hope I'm not up too much in the night as I have an early start tomorrow and have to take Bella to mum's before I start work - so I need to leave home just after 6am.

I have got my last shake to have today and will have that when we are watching Top Gear. The scales show another 1lb down today so I'm still smiling :). Ketostix are def in the pink too:D:D or they were until the jelly babies hehehe.

Hope you are all well - I will read the posts in the morning if I get time. (I hate Monday mornings - there is always so much to do.)

I'm off for a bath now - so I will write more tomorrow.

Take care X

Good Morning All,

WI results - 10st 11lbs:D (3lbs off December challenge but 9lbs off since last Wednesday)

I am so chuffed this morning, I have sent MD home with a man cold (he has got sinusitis bless him but I can't do with his moaning) so I can spend time on Mini's hehehe.

I have been busy writing, labelling, sealing and franking all the works crimbo cards since Monday (only 250 off them so not too bad). And I also sneaked in time to do my own ones;) So I am so organised.

I can't remember if I told you, but I have ordered the christmas food to be delivered on 23rd and I think I am all set now...I can't wait for the break from work!

Yesterday after wi I went to Sainsburys to get some 790 foods and I saw a fantastic dress in the sale so I purchased one in a 12....I got home and it wouldn't even get anywhere near to zipping up at the back (at least 2" apart) I was gutted!! now I know I am broad across the back but I am a size 12 in other clothes. In fact I bought another top from there in a 12 and that fits! So I'm going back today to see if they have any 14's left in the sale.

Anyway I'm on 790 this week and will be on 1000 next week. That way I will be eating carbs by Christmas and it shouldn't be such a shock to my body.

I've just finished my first litre of hot water of the day and I will get a peppermint green tea in a while. Hot choc mint shake I will have around 10am.

Good luck for any wi's.

Take care

Where are all the cambridge returners??????? its very quiet on this section...is there anybody there????

Where are all the re-starters??

Good Morning all,

It is so quiet on here! I feel all alone:wave_cry:

I've sent the MD home again so another quiet working day for me!:p

Bad start though - I filled up my 1/2 litre mug with hot water and promptly knocked it over on my desk (Doh!!!) so I have cleaned up and now have lots of papers hanging on the radiators to dry.

I was good yesterday and had all my shakes and a tuna/cottage cheese salad when I got in from exercising. No change on the scales today though.

I'm a tad worried about all the nights out that are suddenly being planned. One this Friday down the local (meal with some friends) We can't book a table because the restaurant has been booked for a private party so we have to take a chance that there will be table in the bar. John did say that if there wasn't we could just get a takeaway!:mad: That sent me into a panic. I want to do this for me and takeaways are the devils food:rolleyes:.

On a much lighter note...I'm off to the O2 again on Saturday night to see Take That:D I am so excited. Not sure what to do about food/water/shakes yet but I will ponder it and come up with a plan.

I'm off now to get a green tea and replace the water I knocked over. Then spend some more time reading posts (it seems quiet all over - is everyone out shopping?) I've got some filing to do but that can wait until boss is back:)

Have a great day all.

and I am gutted:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:.

I had been feeling off all day (just a cold) but had taken some Lemsip and we went on our way. Before we even got to Oxford I felt sick and soooooo hot. We stopped at some traffic lights and I threw off my coat and pressed the button for the window (the temp in the car was set to 22 so not too hot) By this time I knew I was going to pass out so I managed to recline the seat and then collapsed in it. I just asked John to take us home and said sorry to my sister who was coming with me. I wasn't wearing too many layers so I can only put the fainting down to the cold that I have. :mad: Also I had had all of my shakes and my 790 meal so I wasn't hungry either.

I have been fine since - no more fainting ( I went out in the van again yesterday and was fine) I still have the cold though.

I've come into work and blamed my boss for giving me the cold and making me miss the boys:sigh: £120.00 down the drain.

Weight wise - the scales show a loss since last week but I will post the def result on Wednesday after WI.

I've had a cup of Lemsip this morning and I'm half way through my first litre. Try for first shake at 10am. As you can guess I am really not in the mood for work today but I've got to get on with it. Lots to do before we close for Crimbo (inc annual stock check - so I am preparing all the paperwork and correct costings for all the components:eek:)

Better get on with some work - cashflow forecast needs updating too.

Take care all and good luck with WI's

Gosh what a shame you had to miss the concert.I'm so sorry.{{{hugs}}}Hope your cold goes asap.

and I lost 2lbs (10st 9lbs):)

This cold has hit me hard and I admit that I ate chicken stew last night.

I'm starting on 1000 plan today and have got a banana to have with my first shake later on. Its strange how the thought of having a banana has made me happy.:p

I am at work but today is the worst I have felt. All bunged up and headachey with nice catarr on my chest that won't budge for anything! so my voice is very husky hehehe

I'm having a lemsip and my first litre of water now.

Hope everyone else is well on this frosty morning?

Good luck with WI's

Back