Weigh In Night Treats

Sandrah78

Silver Member
When I did SW before I always had WI night as a 'night off' i.e. I'd stick to the plan until after my WI and then I'd havea chinese or a few bars of chocolate etc etc.

I'm pretty sure most people do this but was wondering what your experiences are when it comes to affecting your weight loss.

I've very rarely done this since joining up this time, at the most maybe 3 times. I'm very boring in that I'll come home after class, have a SW plan meal and a max of 15 syns.

Should I let my hair down? Do you think I'm being to rigid with the regime?

I suppose. I was hoping someone would say, 'yep have a blow out every week and it'll boost your weight loss' lol.

hmm, though to be honest I haven't wanted to have a blow out yet - I'm still very focused, it's sickening!

I have monday as a blow out dont really mind what I eat day after WI not terrible but can be bad kwim???

Dont seem to affect me - well so far?!

Ah - I like to call this 'The Twilight Zone!'

Unfortunately calories still count, no matter when you have 'em! :D Good or bad, it will always show eventually on the scales...

I agree - have a flexible day when you need it, but plan how many in advance to stay in control - plan your syns and stop once you used them all, that's the fexible syn day. I can't guarantee you will lose every week doing that, so I suggest to my members to save it for special occassions where they can.

I am a consultant, and a member of mine could not get to target and after weeks of digging she admitted to her 'night off' after weigh in. She decided she wanted to get to her target more than her 'night off' and as a result is now maintaining at target

So the moral of the story is - be flexible when you need to and make the syns you have each day work for you so you don't feel denied of your favourites. Remember with a few slight changes, you can incorporate a chinese takeaway, glass of wine of choccie into your daily plan, so you should never feel you are going without

Hope this helps

Linzois
x

great advice - thank you.

hehe...

I used to work in the chippy near the local slimming world group a couple of years ago and we used to prepare for the masses after class lol! Loadsa ladies came in demanding extra cripsies and extra batter. I think it's something all of us slimmers do, we shouldn't but if that blow out is what we need and it isn't affecting our weight loss then why not? :rolleyes:

It depends on the individual. I find that I don't mind limiting myself during the week if I know that I will have a massive bar of chocolate on a Wednesday night!

The age old diet tip is, when you hit a plateau have a big meal to kick start as it goves the metabolism a boost. I guess if you have a night off once a week it will give you that little boost

I always have treats after weigh in. Usually a bar of chocolate and slice of cake/cookie. Tea is usually a microwave non diet meal as I don't get home til about quarter to nine. I have noticed as I have got more into the diet that I can't eat the fatty foods I used to enjoy and feel really sick afterwards so my treat volume after WI has decreased as I have got more into the diet - does that make sense?!

Charls :)

Yes that makes sense, I am the same. I can't eat anywhere near the volume of junk that I used to eat which can only be a good thing

I always have treats after weigh in. Usually a bar of chocolate and slice of cake/cookie. Tea is usually a microwave non diet meal as I don't get home til about quarter to nine. I have noticed as I have got more into the diet that I can't eat the fatty foods I used to enjoy and feel really sick afterwards so my treat volume after WI has decreased as I have got more into the diet - does that make sense?!

Charls :)

i'm the same - i eat whatever i fancy after weigh-in. i go to the supermarket and stock up on all the naughty food i fancy and think i can eat that night, but i always buy too much. my mind thinks i can still eat junk like i used, but because the rest of the week my diet is healthy and low in fat, if i eat anything fattening or fried now it hits my stomach like a brick!

Also by having the naughty stuff after WI you still have an entire week to make up for it

very true, i might splash out a little tomorrow night and see what happens

i forgot to say - if you don't feel the urge then don't bother!

i only do it as i know i can stay on track by having a treat night. if i didn't i wouldn't be tempted by all things bad all week long!

if i crave something i tell myself i can have it after WI - then i usually do :D

Same for me, if I fancy something naughty during the week I will buy it and put it in the cupboard for after WI

Same for me, if I fancy something naughty during the week I will buy it and put it in the cupboard for after WI

don't know if i could do that! might end up eating it through the week!

i usually pop to tescos on way to weigh-in....or order a takeaway when i get home.

I have just realised that I have an early WI tomorrow and NOTHING to treat myself with after! I have been so good this week that I haven't bought anything for the cupboard!

Back