Weigh more now :(

dreamslim

Silver Member
Hi all,

I started slimming world in April last year and have been going ever since but with Christmas, redundancy etc (yes, I know, excuses) I ended the year 3.5lbs heavier than when I started.
I'm back on the wagon now but was wondering, how do my weight awards work this time? I'm not a rejoin or a restart so will it work on my current weight or my starting weight? Otherwise I have to lose 10.5lbs to get my half stone, etc.

If Im reading this right I think you will just lose the weight and not get the awards again if that makes sense.

foxy_lox said:
If Im reading this right I think you will just lose the weight and not get the awards again if that makes sense.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :( so for the 1st 18lbs I can't celebrate anything. :(

Yeah, that's what I meant. :( so for the 1st 18lbs I can't celebrate anything. :(

1st 18lbs is actually 2st 4lbs. Do you mean 1st 8lbs?

If I were you I'd ask my consultant to do a rejoin and then you can start afresh.

Jaq said:
1st 18lbs is actually 2st 4lbs. Do you mean 1st 8lbs?

If I were you I'd ask my consultant to do a rejoin and then you can start afresh.

Oh sorry I actually meant 18lbs. Dunno how I managed that. Lol.
I asked about doing a rejoin a while ago and she told me I'd have to pay the £10. :(

If it will help motivate you to get stickers and certificates again then pay the £10 if you can afford it.

If you can't then I guess you're stuck with no awards until the 18lbs is off and you hit your 1.5 stone award.

It's half price at the moment. I rejoined yesterday It is so nice having none of my previous weights recorded and I can start afresh. You will have to pay a couple of weeks missed payments otherwise and that could work out more expensive x

Brightonrosie said:
It's half price at the moment. I rejoined yesterday It is so nice having none of my previous weights recorded and I can start afresh. You will have to pay a couple of weeks missed payments otherwise and that could work out more expensive x

I haven't actually missed any weeks, kinda wish I had though.

I considered paying but wish I'd done it earlier, I've been really on track this week so don't want this weigh loss to mean nothing.

Loads of people in group had replacement stickers for their new books which I didn't take so maybe will ask my C if I can have them as I go along but just not count the extra 3.5lbs and start from where I was in April. If that makes sense?

Is the sticker all that important?? If you lose another 18lbs, is that not enough of a reason to celebrate?

Make your own stickers!

JezVonSavage said:
Is the sticker all that important?? If you lose another 18lbs, is that not enough of a reason to celebrate?

Make your own stickers!

I know but I have a pretty bare book and it's looking like the first sticker will be 1.5 stone. The awards are all part of the motivation so, as childish as it is, I like them. Lol.

I would ask for the replacement stickers and then award them to yourself as your reach each goal, with a bit of effort you will catch up with yourself in no time..

I haven't actually missed any weeks, kinda wish I had though.

I considered paying but wish I'd done it earlier, I've been really on track this week so don't want this weigh loss to mean nothing.

Loads of people in group had replacement stickers for their new books which I didn't take so maybe will ask my C if I can have them as I go along but just not count the extra 3.5lbs and start from where I was in April. If that makes sense?

I did this! I went back to group last year but didn't rejoin, my consultant gave me a new book and just re-awarded me each sticker as I achieved it. Your consultant should do the same hopefully. Good luck!

Last edited:
I did this! I wen't back to group last year but didn't rejoin, my consultant gave me a new book and just re-awarded me each sticker as I achieved it. Your consultant should do the same hopefully. Good luck!

Brill thanks for that, I'll have a chat with her and find out.

Just noticed the last bit about making my own - hahaha. I'm probably the least crafty person ever but I'll give it a go. :)

Why not copy them off people's sigs on here and print them out as you go along? Then when you pass a new award you can print it off and stick it to your book? :)

I understand why you would like the, just don't let not having stickers put you off losing weight!

It has been suggested elsewhere on this forum other ways to reward yourself. Someone bought themselves a pandora bracelet and bought a charm for every half stone. I'm going to do that too! Find another way to remind yourself of your loss, it will be much prettier than stickers :)

When you rejoin there is an option to pay a little more and keep yr history. Cant remember off the top of my head how much it is now, think it may be £14.95 including a weeks fee.

You could rejoin using the free voucher in the mirror on Monday, so you would only pay £4.95, personally I kept my stickers on my folder so I switched my new book into my old folder so I didn't lose my progress, but there is a lady in our group who decided to erase her history and start from scratch on Monday she had lost loads but wanted the added incentive of starting again. Hugs Crystal xx

I live overseas so have never been to a class but I reckon if you speak to your consultant about it, and how much the awards motivate you (they would me too!), she will come up with a solution. Good luck!

PS - I can see what you were saying earlier was first 18lbs but you wrote it as 1st so it read like one stone ;)

Back