Weighing/Measuring yourself..

incognito

Do most of you wait untill you visit your councillor or do you all have your own scales and tape?

Im worried ill become obsessive about it! but then I think would be a good boost if I was having a low day?

Theres so many questions going through my mind..

It depends really. Some people have scales some do not. I don't, I did have scales but I threw them out. It upset me when I didn't see a loss so I solely rely on my CDC's scales. I also do not want to develop the habit of being obsessive about how much I weigh after the diet. Personal choice really. Instead of scales I have ketostix, when I feel down I check for ketones, if they are there I know am burning fat regardless of how I feel.

It depends really. Some people have scales some do not. I don't, I did have scales but I threw them out. It upset me when I didn't see a loss so I solely rely on my CDC's scales. I also do not want to develop the habit of being obsessive about how much I weigh after the diet. Personal choice really. Instead of scales I have ketostix, when I feel down I check for ketones, if they are there I know am burning fat regardless of how I feel.

Oh thats a gd idea.. where do u get them from? x

Haha!!I got obsessive with keto sticks too theres no winning sometimes!!
xx

I'm obsessed really and weigh myself every day or at the very least every other.

If i'm being bad I will avoid for a few days, until I realise enough is enough and climb back on!!!

I need to do it to keep on track really

but each to their own, my sister in law barely weighs in but has kept her scales...

Lynn

:8855:That's true. Atleast you won't be checking for ketosis when you finish though :p
Im sure there will be something else then!!I manage to swap one obsession for another it will probably be reading food nutrition labels then!!
xx

Im sure there will be something else then!!I manage to swap one obsession for another it will probably be reading food nutrition labels then!!
xx

You sound the same as me lol.. :8855:

Might invest in a set of scales anyone.. now I can obsess over what ones :8855:

You sound the same as me lol.. :8855:

Might invest in a set of scales anyone.. now I can obsess over what ones :8855:
haha!!I have 3 sets of scales,I have managed to balance on one leg so i weigh what i want,sometimes i weigh before a wee sometimes after sometimes wearing dressing gown,if it doesnt say what i want I change positions clothing etc til it says what i want that way im always happy,but it doesnt actually mean a thing!!
xx

Im reading reviews on scales.. and someone wrote how dissapointed they were that the scales woul lie to them.. as they kno what weight they were before they bought scales :8855:

Sounds like something I would write :D

I weigh every day at 7am. I write it down on a special chart I madde so that I can see how much I have/haven't lost. Obssessive - yes, but I can react instantly and can cope with +1lb not with +3 in a week etc

I weigh myself everyday too. It helps me stay on track, if I have cheated and my scales show a gain, I can get right back on track, and be extra good to lose it, before official weigh in with cdc,

Soz if I apeared to be a bit glaikit :8855:

Ha! Haven't heard that in a while...great word that :D

As for the scales/ketostix/etc...watch the obsessiveness (are you obsessed with food too?! lol) I find that while they can prove to be a boost if they show the right thing, they can also be frustrating when you think you've done ok and the scales don't show it - so it can make it harder to stick to the plan.

I'm getting to know my body better - and am amazed at just how much water I can retain when I'm not drinking enough of it! (I just lost 6lbs from yesterday! which I know is because I am finally rehydrated after my Hogmanay overindulgence of the bubbly!! ;)) So as I'm learning, I'm also learning not to trust what the scales say too much, even if I do weigh myself fairly often - usually just a couple times a week.

And as my CDC says - if you're doing CD SS you can't _not_ be in ketosis, so the Ketostix can be a waste of money and only feed an obsession. I have used them only when I have had to have a 'normal' meal (i.e. over Christmas I allowed myself a few with family) to see how quickly I was back in ketosis, so they're good that way.

As for scales? I've got a Tanita body fat/water monitor and I think it is great - even when my weight doesn't seem to change, I can see the fat/water % change in the right direction and it helps keep me motivated. But, I know I've seen others say that these never work properly, so...

To each their own! lol

(so I guess I didn't need to blether on so much huh? :8855:)

:)Cx

i weigh, measure and check for ketosis every day lol, once when i was on slimming world i got my partner to lock the scales in the boot of his car, begged him to get them out the next day lol

Back