Weighing Scales!

arcticmonkeys

Silver Member
Hi all,

I had my 2nd official weigh in on friday and I was **.4lbs. I weighed on my scales at home this afternoon and I was showing as **.6lbs. I understand most people are lighter in the mornings compared to the evenings, but when I go for my weigh in its usually 6:45pm... so I'd have thought I'd be the same weight as my official weight.

I hope I'm looking into this too much but CD seems to be taking over my life right now lol.

Thanks in advance :)

I would try not to get to caught up on the scales and weighing all the time. It is best to leave it to your CDC to weigh you each week if you feel your getting addicted to weighing yourself which is really pointless during the day.
TG-Kvinder-23.gif

A set time once a week is pretty accurate and of course around totm you can retain water.

Your weight will fluctuate through out the day and the best time to weigh yourself if you feel you must weigh, is first thing in the morning after you go to the toilet and before you drink anything.

Water weighs heavy and on this diet we do have to drink a lot of water in order to replace the water we would normally get from food.

1 litre weighs 2.2 pounds

water-bottle.jpg

dont worry about it, i weigh heavier on my scales than i do on my cdc's scales, i do weigh myself at home every few days so that i can keep a track but go by what my cdc scales say :D

hubby goes by our scales at home as hes only seen cdc once, i usually get his for him but im dragging him with me next week so she can tell difference in him, hes lost just short of 3 1/2 stone :D

Evening AM,

The difference in your weight could be due to a number of reasons.
- Scales, some scales weigh differently to others. My friend is always 4lb heavier on her scales then on mine.
- Clothes can add up to 5lb in weigh to you so if you are wearing more or different clothes compared to your official weigh in. I try to wear the same thing to my cdc meeting every week ;) - or at least I will until it is too big for me to wear anymore :D
- Water, a litre of water weighs between 2-3lb. If you have drunk a lot of water today compared to before your official weigh in this may have affected your your weight today.

I have always been pretty much addicted to weighing myself 3+ times a day. My cdc has really encouraged me to try and break the habit for the moment as there is the risk that if I am not seeing a loss I could become de-motivated and be tempted to cheat. I have now limited my personal weigh in's to 2 a week - once on a saturday morning and once in the morning of the day I see my councellor. I have to say that I have found that reducing the number of times I weigh myself each week has helped to motivate me and give me something to look forward to.

Enough of my rambling - don't be put off by the scales, if you are in ketosis you will be losing weight be it pounds or inches or both!

Pick a time...first time in the morning is good... go to the loo ...weigh youself afterwards...then keep away from the freakin scales.. if there isn't a problem.. don't invent one, To prove a point perform the above ritual ..then get dressed drink a couple of litres/pints of water then re-weigh yourself.....and notice how you have gone from Mr/Ms Slim to Mr Ms Fatb*stard in the time it took you to swallow the fluid. Weigh youself in the morning after going to the loo then keep away from the scales.The diet works as long as you don't bugger about with it.Do yourself a favour and don't invent problems that don't exist.
P.S. having re-read this post..Yes I do sound like a grumpy b*stard but the advice I gave is true..don't screw up your diet and undermine yourself by weighing yourself every five minutes...Once a day at the same/similar time.then leave it alone= happier dieter.

Alex

I was the other way. My scales showed 12lb loss and CDC's showed 15lb loss! Of course I preferred hers but came to the conclusion that the water does weigh heavy and even a few hours difference can make you weigh differently.
I've given up looking at my scales now. Still weigh myself every morning.... probably a habit that will never leave me but in terms of true record of weight loss I go by hers and hers alone!

Faith x

Hi all,

I had my 2nd official weigh in on friday and I was **.4lbs. I weighed on my scales at home this afternoon and I was showing as **.6lbs. I understand most people are lighter in the mornings compared to the evenings, but when I go for my weigh in its usually 6:45pm... so I'd have thought I'd be the same weight as my official weight.

I hope I'm looking into this too much but CD seems to be taking over my life right now lol.

Thanks in advance :)

Different scales often give different results.

Last week I took my scales along to my CDC. We have been using my scales only because her scales did not go up to my weight. However last week her scales were able to weigh me and after weighing on my scales we placed her scales in the exact same position and I was 3 lbs lighter!!

Its hard not to get hooked on weighing yourself, after all thats what we're here for - to lose weight and see those scales fall , but once your at your target weight I don't suppose you'll care about the couple of pound difference between scales.:)

Thanks all I appreciate the comments! I'll definitely try not to weigh now, or at least not everyday like I have been. Your right fatboynotyetslim it really is tempting because its why we're doing this!

It really is de-motivating though and no one needs that on this diet. Twice a week weighing tops till I ween myself off of it then :)

Thanks again everyone... even for the "miserable" post hahaha x :)

Back