Weighing

Sharon1970

How often should I be weighing? I am on attack and I have always been a serial scale hopper. I am sure I read somewhere that Dukan says you should weigh daily. What does everyone else do?

I weigh daily unless I've broken the diet, when I have two PP days and then weigh. But I really take note once a week because the daily rate gives fluctuations up as well as down, and up can be demotivating ( or the opposite, depending on your character!). TOTM can give a rise, starting just before, so allow for that and ignore, drink more water as this washes out the salts etc in the bloodstream and kidneys.

I weigh every day now (I vowed to do this 17 months ago whether on a diet or not). It is always as soon as I wake, with an empty bladder and naked. I then record it on fridgegraph:

July122011.png

I always knew I put weight straight back on when I stopped a diet but seeing it on here REALLY helps.

The first slope down was on ww. I then had a 'weekend' off and never got back on it. Second slope down was SW - I then started to wobble with that and started to see the familiar trend up. Dukan began! There a couple of blips down inbetween - they were brief attempts at getting back on track. I think seeing this graph every day will really help me to understand what an essential part of the plan consolidation is!

I do also make a note of the weekly loss when I am dieting.

Last edited:
Zeke I am loving the graph idea, what are you using for that?

I weigh daily, naked etc and take note of this weight. I also like to weigh myself during the day, sad really, but I get such a thrill out of seeing the scale NEVER hit 10st again, even clothed, full stomach after drinking a huge glass of water.

I weigh first thing every morning after nip to the bathroom and naked too! Helps me stay positive as I can see any fluctuations happening so am not as disheartened. Needed to buy new batteries for scales so couldn't weigh for a week till they came - very hard to stay on track motivation wise. However, do sometimes wish I had more willpower as a big jump down in weight from one week to the next would be give a lovely feeling. Och, if I can't have chocolate I'm going to take my pleasures any way I can!

Ha! Every morning as I pee then hop naked onto the scales, I will be imagining all of your doing exactly the same thing.

For me the ritual is part of my commitment to staying this weight - as soon as I see an upward drift I can a.) relate it immediately to what I have been doing or experiencing (TOTM, travelling, family reunions) and b.) stop it in it's tracks with a PP day and avoid the spectre of yo-yo dieting.

Back