Weight adding to depression, newbie x

speshington

Hi all, newbie here, heres a bit about me. I suffer from severe depression and have had a terrible couple of years, most days i dont know where my heads at or even remember eating, but i have totally balooned and am now classed as obese which has made me even lower. I find it hard to leave the house even, so my mum got me a treadmill, and for the last 3 weeks i have been using it every day for approx an hour a day, not running, i aint fit enough yet, but i am walking at 4.5mph and trying to watch what im eating in a food diary. In 2 weeks i lost 8lbs yet this past week i havent lost an ounce even tho im working really hard and also following an aerobics dvd so i dont get that? Any thoughts or suggestions, thanks for reading and nice to be a part of the community
jane xx

Hiiii! :) Im new too....and my weight is making me miserable too! Im no diet expert - but i think that there is bound to be the odd week where you may not lose anything. I think this is perfectly normal hun so dont worry! Maybe your not actually eating enough...? sounds silly i know - but your body goes into starvation mode if it doesnt get the calories it needs? But 8lbs...well done you!!! I cant even lose 1 :( xxxx

Hey and welcome to the forum.
I suffer from depression and stuff too and being as big as I am doesn't help matters.

Thats excellent that you've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks :) And doing all the exercise you do.

Im sorry to hear you didn't lose this week. Maybe you have eaten too much,or too little,or maybe your period is due. There can be lots of reasons why you dont lose some weeks,dont let it bother you though as thats when people will give up,just keep up the good work and Im sure you'll be rewarded with a good loss next week.

Oh also,do you drink enough water? Coz sometimes that really helps with weight loss.

Claire x

Thanks for both of your replys. I dont drink much water at all, i do need to up this. I know about 8 glasses per day etc but wasnt aware could help with weight loss so thankyou and good to meet you both. Im considering the lipotrim diet although perhaps a slow but steady weight loss will be a longer lasting? xx

Hi, Jane.. Like you I suffer from severe depression too & gained 80lbs within a year thanks to it! Horrible, isn't it? But it's brilliant that you're doing something about your weight, it's a good sign! :)
You may not be losing on the scales but your body is probably changing right now. If you've been doing lots of exercise then you'll be gaining muscle, which weighs too, so even if you're losing fat you wont see it reflected on the scales. Also this could be down to water retention, make sure you stay hydrated! Look for an increase in stamina, with losing weight comes better health in general, so focus on getting healthy too, look after your body well & it will reward you with a loss, you'll feel better too of course! Also slow & steady loss is far better than a quick loose on a fad diet or shakes etc. Healthy eating & exercise is all it takes, just be sensible. :)

Hi and welcome to the site, that is brilliant that you have lost 8 lbs in two weeks, i have had weeks like that were I have lost nothing some weeks and the following week I lost double, with me I lose every week except the 5th week I seem to stay the same, and I dont do anything different, my leader in ww said that everybody is different in their weight losses and there is some women in his classes that only lose once a month, but they could lose about 10lbs in that week, dont beat yourself up about it, stick to what you are doing and in the end you will get your weight down, and you are getting fitter. give it time..good luck in your weight journey and keep us posted on your weight losses

Thanks all for your kind words and encouragment, im glad i have found this site and will def keep you posted, thanks xxx

Hi and welcome. I also suffer from depression. Some days are good and some are bad. I just try and concentrate on a day at a time. Good luck

Irene xx

hi jane, welcome. are you following a particular diet or doing your own?

Hi, i was just calorie counting and working out, i lost 8lbs in 1st 2 weeks but in past 9 days i havent lost an ounce and with the vast amount i need to lose, and after lurking on the lipotrim forum, i have decided to try that out, as i feel i should be good at maintaining when i come off as i have already adopted new eating habits and fitness regime i just need a kick start. Todays my 1st day im just having my 1st shake now. I just get disheartened at no loss after hard work, or 1lb here or there x

hehe if it makes you feel any better i'd kill to have just 30lb to lose!! if your weight loss required is vast i have no idea what mine is ;) best of luck with lt, i'm sure you will get where you want to be very quickly x

aww thankyou, wish you all the best too, i dont carry it well cos im a short arse lol. How are you finding weight watchers online. Dont you have to attend meetings that way, that was one thing that put me off x

Back