weight and the contraceptive implant

lisalollipop13909

Silver Member
Ok...hope i can make a few friends on here who are or have been going through the same thing. I had nexplanon inserted April 2011. Think its great as in no periods and no remembering to take pill etc. When i had it put in i was 10.7 implant now 14 stone. Seen the doc many times who advised that there is no way this is the cause absolutely no way she said. I eat the same in fact now i eat less even though i am hungry a lot more. I have tried every diet going. Atkins ww sw and even Cambridge with very minimal loss. Having it out next month. Anyone suffered the same or is it all in my head???!!! Anyone lost any weight after removal?

I put on about a stone and a half with my implant in I had it taken out last Month and have stayed the same weight although I have been eating like a pig and not dieting I started my diet on Tuesday so I don't know how my weight loss is going to be. I was told when mine was put in that weight gain is a side effect for some people so I knew it was a chance I hooey once yours is out you can lose the weight you have put on good luck x

Thanks for ur reply.. Knew u was sane lol. Maybe we could keep in touch?

The implant removal diet plan haha

* knew i was sane rather

Hi Girlies,

I had mine out 2 weeks ago, and I lost 3.5 the next week, and I hadn't been that good! That's a big loss for me :)

I feel so much better without it, before I had constant headaches, and I went from having no period to one that lasted months. No looking back from me. Good luck!

Did u find u had a bigger appetite?

lisalollipop13909 said:
Did u find u had a bigger appetite?

Well, it seems that way to me. I have always had food issues though, since childhood though. My hunger just seems a lot less urgent and I can go without things more easily.

Back