' Weight -be-gone Wednesday Daily Thread '

Good morning :D well what a gorgeous day it is turning into today .. we had plans to go to play group then off out to the harity shops and the park after lunch with a friend .. but my 4 yr old has come down with a nasty old so we are staying in and she gets a day in bed with a bowl of icecream and I get a day of housework :sigh:

I have just booked my first pilates class .. which considering I have the balance of a broken weeble , may be fun !!! But I am very happy I have finally found a lass late enough for me to go to when hubby is back from work and the girls are in bed ... so atually really looking forward to it and hope some of these saggy bits will get toned :D

I read an article which made me mad yesterday about family who were all given gastric bypasses on the NHS and they stated that they had never tried to diet and thought they were entitiled to make no effort and just have surgery ... i sure hope the NHS will offer me a tummy tuck when I get to goal , when I have put all this effort in and saved them the expense on barriatric surgery .. i think I deserve the much cheaper option of a small op to 'tidy up ' my hard work !!!!!
I really dont think anyone shoulod be given this surgery without proof that they have at least tried to loose weight a more conventional way .. grrrrrr

what do you all think ??????

Hi Katie,

Slightly off topic but when you started 810 after being on ss did you find that you had a small weight gain? I know i shouldn't but i weigh everyday and since moving up to 810 on saturday i've put on 1lb and it doesn't want to budge. grrr. I'm loving having food - who would've thought cottage cheese could be so tasty lol but really don't want to stop losing.

congrats on your amazing weight loss. I agree with you about the gastric banding. My mum actually had it done privately and has lost more with cambridge than she did with the band. If those people don't change their relationship to food, you CAN still put on weight with a gastric band!!!

fingers crossed you get the 'tidy up' you want x

I didnt gain on the 810 , but i also stayed in ketosis .. some people do and some dont , and if you happen to have come out then you may see a small gain on the first few days but it will drop off again soon , maybe make sure you are drinking enough water , as this has a massive effect !

I have a friend who paid £8000 for a gastric band the same time I started CD .. she hasnt even lost half of what I have and is now gaining again ... bands arent that effective if you learn how to 'work them '

Good morning :D well what a gorgeous day it is turning into today ..

Looks to be nice here is Cambs, too.

but my 4 yr old has come down with a nasty old so we are staying in and she gets a day in bed with a bowl of icecream and I get a day of housework :sigh:

Think of the sense of accomplishment getting the chores done will give you. ;) I hope your LO is better soon.

I have just booked my first pilates class .. which considering I have the balance of a broken weeble , may be fun !!! But I am very happy I have finally found a lass late enough for me to go to when hubby is back from work and the girls are in bed ... so actually really looking forward to it and hope some of these saggy bits will get toned :D

Let me know how it goes -- I really have been enjoying the Zumab and Pilates the most of all the classes I've tried recently.

I read an article which made me mad yesterday about family who were all given gastric bypasses on the NHS and they stated that they had never tried to diet and thought they were entitiled to make no effort and just have surgery ...

I really do not understand this "postcode" lottery thing -- it so wrong. I know one person who had gastric banding, a tummy tuck, and now she is getting a tummy tuck refashioning. Then, I hear of so many others who had to save and pay for it themselves -- the gastric banding, not just the tummy tuck stuff. You would think someone would go to the EU court and file a complaint about the unfairness of the postcode lottery bit. Equal access -- you are all taxed at the same rates.

i sure hope the NHS will offer me a tummy tuck when I get to goal , when I have put all this effort in and saved them the expense on barriatric surgery .. i think I deserve the much cheaper option of a small op to 'tidy up ' my hard work !!!!!

I do not think they will "offer" you anything, but you should fight to get it. You'll need to show that it is medically necessary to get the best shot at a TT. Go see your GP constantly and complain about your zipper, underwear elastic, etc; rubbing the excess skin, show how you are getting a rash under the flap, etc.

This is how the other woman got the not one, but also the second op. She kept going in everytime she had a rash, sore, etc. under the loose skin. She even asked for a psychiatric referral because the excess skin was causing her to be depressed, agoraphobic, etc. She got her ops!

I really dont think anyone should be given this surgery without proof that they have at least tried to loose weight a more conventional way .. grrrrrr

In the US some insurances (as there is no national medical coverage) will cover a gastric band or bypass -- but it needs to medically required and you have to have proof that you have tried to lose weight by more conventional means.

I have a few friends that have had this op. Most had a family history of mobid obesity; they were at high risk for diabetes; had high blood pressure controlled by meds, etc. All of them went through counselling, saw nutritionists, had to diet and try to lose the weight by other means, etc. It took them a couple of years to finally get the operations.

what do you all think ??????

@PG1 --

One of my friends that had gastric bypass had two sisters who had the same operation. One regained all the weight she lost, and died in her early 40s from a heart attack. Apparently losing the weight, then regaining it, put a huge strain on her heart.

My friend is well. She has maintained her losses for nearly 15 years and does some fitness almost every day. She not a lean, mean fighting machine -- but she is a normal sized person. She has been unable to get the excess skin removed from her abs and upper arms through insurance, but the last time we talked about she had been saving to have it done.

MM

morning ladies just flying through l have a birthday party this afternoon for little legs he's 4 (will really have to call him a more grown up name now) house full of goodies and huge cake will have to keep glugging have a great day good luck to all weighing in :D:D:D:D:D

Afternoon Ladies,

Hope everyone is feeling fantastic on this gorgeous day. Alway's amazes me how much better I feel about life when the sun is shining.

Totally agree about the gastric band thing, you should totally have to prove that it is a last resort (as that is what it should be) and I get really mad when I think I will probably have to pay for my own surgery when I get to goal but yet some people get bariatric surgery handed to them on a plate. I think you should have to pay the money back if you just put it all back on (LOL)

hi everyone,hope you are all able o enjoy the sunshine today,im feeling good today,things have finally "clicked" for me.yahoo!
have a good day ladies.x

Back