weight councelling assessment results!

acom

Hi,
do you remember me asking you all about weight councelling?
I said that I was going for an assessment to discuss my food 'addiction'
Well ---- it was ----- FANTASTIC.
At last after 42 years of life I have found someone who understands my head and stomach!
She says that I would benefit in 20 x 1 hour sessions ( 1 a week) to disintangle my food addiction.
I am now waiting for the letter to say where and when I can have the sessions!
I have been to a general councellor before but they just 'didn't get' the weight / life / crap connection.
SO I AM VERY EXCITED !!!!! :):):):):)

WOW! Well done, please keep us informed cus that's something I'd be really interested in knowing about. ANd well done you for taking positive steps!

That is brilliant news!

Perhaps you could do a diary and put in it what you learn as you go...I know I would find it very helpful.:)

Love Mini xxx

Superb, I hope it really works out for you.

Keep us posted.

Bill

Oooooh! I am DYING to see how you get on!!! I'd love to read a diary too!

Do you have to pay?

I'm so glad that it's looking promising! I agree, I'd be very interested to hear what you learn!

It's wonderful that you're taking this step :) Keep us posted on your progress!

Hannah

That's great news, don't forget to keep us updated - I think most of us could learn something from it!

x

oh brilliant - glad it was good! i'd be interested if you have to pay and how much etc.

yes definitly do a diary, if you dont mind sharing all that intimate info :)

Sxx

Hi Acom,
delighted you have such a positive attitude to the counselling, wishing you all the best with it. With such help you should be able to lick that addiction. All the best.
Doirin

Wow, sounds great and very interesting. I hope it goes well for you. Let us know how ye get on.
Good luck.

Hiya
I am happy to do a weekly diary after the councelling sessions.
Do I do it as a normal 'thread' ?????
It is a free service with voluntary (absolutley no pressure) contributions gratefully received.
I will certainly tell all I can about what was discussed apart from personal (non eating-problem related).
I think it is something that most, if not all, of us should look into.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The only problem is they won't start councelling till I start to eat again, so I will start refeeding in about 2 weeks time!

It sounds fab, and I thought something like that would have cost mega bucks. Who is it done by? I would be interested to find out of there was something like that in my area. Good luck, it sounds like something really worthwhile

They are called 'Eating Disorder Support' they have a website and are based in Plymouth, UK

Back