Extra Easy Weight difference during day

MatildasMum

Hi All, sorry if this is in the wrong place or been asked before. I joined SW on the 2nd Jan. New years resolution, that I really want to stick with.

When I joined I went to the Weds 5pm class, but the following week my dad was taken ill and in hospital. To cut a long story short - he ended up having a massive pulmonary embolism and we were told we were going to lose him. Thankfully he turned a corner and is now home (but living at mine as they were staying with me at the time). So I've had a few weeks off work and took the opportunity to go to the 10:30am class for the past couple of weeks.

However I'm now back at work and need to go to either the 5pm or 7pm class tomorrow now.

I lost

wk 1: - 7.5lb
wk 2: - 3lb
wk 3: - 2.5lb

My question is has anyone noticed a difference between morning weigh ins and evening ones. I really want to get my 1st award tomorrow and I'll be gutted if I don't lose the 1lb!! Is there anything that would be better/worse for me to eat tomorrow, as I can't starve till the night, but I don't want to eat something that would lay heavy either!!!

Once I'm back on the evenings all the time, it won't be too bad, but its just this one. I'm so pleased with myself for sticking to the diet the past few weeks, I feel like a stone will just top it off, plus my hubby said he'll buy me a pressie for every stone I lose!!! :)

I'm sure someone will be able to offer better advice than me but, in a nutshell, weight does fluctuate during the day and you are generally lighter in the morning.

A tried and tested tip was always to try a red day the day before to avoid bloating and avoid drinking lots of water right before weigh in. There's also the famous 'weigh in poo' that many swear by! However, bear in mind that any short-term strategy to get you an extra half a pound off, or whatever, will come back to bite you the week after!

Good luck with your stone award.

weight fluctuates day to day, hour to hour, as its been said hundreds of time, your body doesnt think "right its weigh in time, i will make sure my body weight is at its lowest". In all honesty, yes it probably will make a difference. But then again, it might not. Depends on your body and whether at that point in time it decides its going to cling on to the weight or not :)

Thank you - I guess I knew that was the case really! I just thought there would be a magic answer :)

Oh well, fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well, I only need the 1lb to do it!

good luck Matildasmum, fingers crossed you lose your pound xx

Back