Weight gain after a PV day

Madison

Hi,
Just had to post this. I'm 2 weeks on the Dukan journey since yesterday and loving it so far. I lost 5 lbs in attack, then weighed self yesterday am to find I'd lost another 3 lbs in my first week of cruise, absolutely thrilled I was. Had my usual homemade veg soup, half a green pepper and some fine beans yesterday it being PV day along with my usual amounts of protein. I decided I'd weight myself this morning just out of curiosity..Well I can tell you, curiosity nearly killed this cat!!! A gain of 4 lbs. I nearly fainted. Now I know from reading the book and looking at this forum that most people don't weigh themselves after a PV day but I couldn't help it. Def won't be doing that again. Am now petrified that the 3 lbs loss was just a fluke. Will try my hardest not to weigh self till next Sunday. I was kinda expecting a gain of maybe a pound but most definitely not 4..Any thoughts? Thanks for reading :)

Hi Madison - well done on the loss so far! This could be any number of things - time of the month/water retention, "transit" issues (ie, lack of bowel movement!), time of day that you weigh.. Try and keep PV meals to 1/3 veg & 2/3 protein.. Lots of exercise.. & weigh once a week at the same time (first thing in the morning, in the nuddy, after a wee ideally!) I've no doubt the scales will reward you soon :)

Hi Lorlypop,
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Will def leave the weighing till once a week as don't want to get disheartened.
Can I just also say, huge massive well done to you with your weight loss. My God you've done so well. You must be so happy and proud of yourself. I just can't wait to get anywhere near my goal. Thanks again :)

Back