Extra Easy Days Weight gain before period

Jedibride

Hey all!

Currently I'm doing EE slimming world and was doing really well - lost 3lbs already. However I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 4lbs!!
Then realised I was 2 days from my period.
Does anyone else have this??
I am doing so well with keeping on target, I get worried maybe I am not doing it right :( I keep a diary so I know what I eat
I used to do SW before but this was back on red and green days

X

Yup, the week before my period is a nightmare. I tend to try and drink more water and eat less carbs and it usually means a bigger loss the following week.

I am quite lucky with mine in the sense that I don't gain but around that time I normally STS or have a very, very small loss. Though last time I did put on 2lbs that week last time, but lost 4.5lbs the week after. I know some people can put on up to 6lbs at this time, but seem to lose it quite quickly afterwards as it's just water.

The only thing I would say is try not to be too downhearted - it's not something you can control. You just have to think about the bigger picture and think if you keep eating as well as you are that after 4/5 weeks, that will give you a better indication as to how you have done.

I usually gain up to 4lbs or if I'm lucky, I just stay the same. Really battle with craving food though; sweet/savoury, anything I can shove in my mouth!

I will be weighing in tomorrow... came on yesterday :/ so not sure what it's going to say... will keep you posted.

Week three of my cycle every month is the same thing - 2.5 lbs weight gain. I know it was due to constipation and water retention, as the following week it would come right back off (hopefully with a bit more weight loss!). I've had a brilliant week this week, but I know that when I weigh in on Wednesday I might not show a loss for this reason. Just be aware of your cycle so you can manage your expectations and disappointment :)

Period weigh in today... gained 1 pound. In fairness, before when I have weighed in (all at home) it has been before breakfast in nightie and today I was in jeans having had breakfast but still a bit miffed. I had weieghed myself (naughtily) earlier in the week and it had said I had lost 1-2 pounds. I am going to weight again tomorrow morning (as I did have a big poo (sorry not sorry) after I weighed but still). I have been ok about it though. I mean I am pretty fine and upbeat today (despite cravings on way home). I will see what happens next week before jacking it all in.

Back