weight gain first week - reason - please help

pineda

Hi everyone

I was on Liptrim and came off it on the Wednesday evening as i was really not well at all. I started at SW the night after on the Thursday night,... i stuck to the red and green days all week and got weighed last thursday to have put on 3.5 lbs - i was gutted but my consultant told me it was perfectly normal as i had just come off the lipotrim... i have stuck religiously to it again and i am due to get weighed on Thursday night.. my scales at home have stopped working - really do not think i am hovering between 4 st and 22 st hahaha..... has anyone else been on that lipotrim and then come onto SW which i think is marvelous....

i would appreciate your comments

Thanks

trish

i don't know about lipotrim specifically, but i'm oretty sure that most people who come off of a VLC diet and go onto ANYTHING other than fresh air tend to put on weight on their first week.

don't panic - it's TOTALLY normal :) in fact, i think you've done very well to have only put on 3.5lb! :D xx

Dont worry this does happy when you come off a liquid diet

well done - thats brilliant - hope i can post on here that i have lost weight this week.... is it also true that the more you drink water the more you will lose? they said that on the liquid diet as well but not sure if it works when you are eating food..

Lipotrim? LipoSUCK more like. See, this is the problemw ith VLC diets. You are eating normally and healthily, the way God intended, and you put on weight. Your body needs to adjust to eating real food and not just having water goop slop and crap that does you no good whatsoever.

You probably regained some fluids this week and your body has gone 'OMGFOOOOOOOODDDSSSS' and stored it all like big hamster cheeks. Over the next couple of weeks or so your body will be like 'Huh, so, i'm gonna get this nice food ALL THE TIME now? Better stop congesting and start digesting' and the weight will start to come off.

DAMN YOU Lipotrim.

Congrats on coming to SW, you made the right choice. Please stick with it. xx

At my group, I've seen this happen time and time again - I reckon you'll be holding onto water, while your body is basically trying to make sense of what's going on - now you're out of starvation mode, if you stick with the plan, I'm sure you'll start seeing results.

Best o'luck'n'stuff.

Hi there i wasnt on lipotrim but was on cambridge and was also quite unwell so joined slimming world. I think it depends on the person and how their body reacted to a VLCD and it is pot luck as to whether you have a weight gain or not. Your body is coming out of starvation mode and is trying to re adjust to food. Plus do remember that at the start of a vlcd alot of water can be loosed so when you start eating again, some of the gain is in fluids. Dont give up just say to yourself it might take a few weeks to see a loss, but it will happen, this is a great plan:) good luck

I can only agree with the above! Stick with it and you will soon see the weight coming off!

Lipotrim? LipoSUCK more like. See, this is the problemw ith VLC diets. You are eating normally and healthily, the way God intended, and you put on weight. Your body needs to adjust to eating real food and not just having water goop slop and crap that does you no good whatsoever.

You probably regained some fluids this week and your body has gone 'OMGFOOOOOOOODDDSSSS' and stored it all like big hamster cheeks. Over the next couple of weeks or so your body will be like 'Huh, so, i'm gonna get this nice food ALL THE TIME now? Better stop congesting and start digesting' and the weight will start to come off.

DAMN YOU Lipotrim.

Congrats on coming to SW, you made the right choice. Please stick with it. xx

Well said

It must be very difficult for you to stay on a diet where you've gained weight, but hang in there! Long term I'm sure SW is much better for you and the losses (there will be some fabulous losses) will be much easier to maintain. You've seen what happens the moment you come off Lipotrim. Come to that, you've seen what happens when you are on it! I'm not exactly shocked that you ended up ill.

So like I say, hang in there. Give yourself time to lose weight, enjoy the classes and the food, look at all of your books, have fun with the journey. You don't have to starve to lose weight and dieting isn't about punishing yourself.

My OH is 6'6" tall and I eat more than he does...Yet in the last 5 months or so he has developed a little gut, whilst I have lost 3 stone! SW is amazing. :D

I agree with all the others, it's your body adjusting to the shock of FOOD!
Stick with it, it's a fantastic plan and does work. xx

The others are right Hun. I gained in my first week after coming from Camebridge diet. Your body is storing the food because you have starved it for so long that its not sure when you are going to be eating next.
I can promise you that if you stick to plan 100% this week you will get a loss, so dont panic!

I have just finished on Lighterlife last week which I think is the same thing.I was on it for 10 weeks but was absolutly starving and bad tempered the whole time!!! I wanted to loose it the healthy way so went back to slimming world as I had lost weight on it previously when I had my first child. My consultant told me that there were a few people who were now in her class who were on a vlcd and that it is normal to expect a weight gain in your first week. I weighed in yesterday after being on sw for the first week and was amazed to loose 2.5lbs as I thought for sure I would have put it on but it is normal to gain on the first week until your gets back to normal eating again. Dont give up I'm sure you'll see a loss next week

It is your glycogen stores filling up - you are no longer in ketosis and the extra weight is just water which you will lose. When going on the transition from Lipotrim or Lighter Life to food there is a gradual refeeding process so as not to shock the body, so that is why. It's just extra fluid which you will lose quickly again.

Hang in there, body adjusting and all that crazy stuff it does to annoy us, but it will get the hang of the plan and comply to the rules if you let it.

Back