Weight Gain from Alcohol... Has this happened to you too?

jassyjeffu

Hello!!!

I am pretty new to the forum (posting wise) I am always on here looking for inspiration!!!

However.... I felt the need to post as I am a bit stumped (and apologies for posting in this forum, wasn't really sure where to post...)

Basically my question to you all is.... Have you ever had a massive gain after going on a night out?

I always weigh on a Thursday and last week lost a decent amount but I went out at the weekend. I stuck to the plan 100% and even though I was massively hungover and craving a mc Donald's I stayed on plan and had a jacket potato instead. However I made the big mistake of weighing myself.... It's shown a 6.5lb gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have weighed myself again tonight and I have stilled stayed the same!!!!!!

Can one evening of alcohol really make you put on nearly half a stone?!!!!!

I know I consumed around 80 syns or so, but still...?! 6.5lbs is a hell of a lot, no?!

I'd appreciate any advice or experiences other have had!

Thanks!

J x

Yes for me alcohol is horrendous. I guess it depends what you drink, but if I am having time off-plan cider is my tipple and I can easily gain 5 or 6 lb over a weekend. Fortunately it tends to be mainly water weight due to the carb load and in a few days it come back off, but it can take up to a week unfortunately :(.

This has happened to me too. I had a 4lb gain due to a night out, and i didnt even eat anything from the takeaway when everyone els did! It took a long painful week for it to go, but its so disheartening!
Keep your chin up and try not to dwell on it to much! X

When I have been 100% but have used syns on wine my loss has been worse than the same amount of syns on other things. It's very unfortunate!

What were you drinking? 6.5lbs is a bit much for one night out and just booze. I can have a mad one and about 70 syns of vodka and diet coke, but I've never seen a gain that big from it.
Like someone else said, stay away from scales OTHER than you group's ones. If you dont go to group, only weigh once a week at the same time each week.
Scales differ so much from each other

Thank you all so much for your replies!!!

I weighed today and I've only put on 1lb and weighed again at home and it matches!!

Such a relief to know its not a 6.5lb gain!!!!

Must have been all water?! As I did stick to plan, bar the alcohol!!!

X

I stuck to plan apart from 2 bottles if wine last Saturday and put 1.5 on was gutted! Glad you are sorted Hun

Alcohol is my downfall as well. It's so hard to resist a cold beer or cider in this gorgeous weather we are having! I gained 1.5lb after my graduation and was really upset because I'd been an angel all week in prep for the alcohol fuelled weekend. I'm really trying to stick to vodka lime and soda from now on!

Back