weight gain from sleep loss

PamelaViktoria

So I've officially been on raw food diet for 1 year 8 months. I was 158lbs when I started, went down to 125, which sounds thin, but I actually had more muscles plus all my curves. Then this past summer, I stopped sleeping for a couple months, because of EMF. I went back up to 145lbs. When I fixed that problem, I started sleeping again. It only took a couple months to go back down to 135. Soon I'll be back to 125, but I don't really care if I did or not. My diet during my poor sleep was still raw, but my non-raw treats increased. My cravings went way up because my hormones were all over the place. It just shows that even just denying yourself a wee bit in the sleep department, can undo much of the good your diet is doing for you! But I am back to almost normal, but now 100% raw, so I'm back in detox- rashes, zits, ect. So I put this in the success category:)

PamelaViktoria said:
So I've officially been on raw food diet for 1 year 8 months. I was 158lbs when I started, went down to 125, which sounds thin, but I actually had more muscles plus all my curves. Then this past summer, I stopped sleeping for a couple months, because of EMF. I went back up to 145lbs. When I fixed that problem, I started sleeping again. It only took a couple months to go back down to 135. Soon I'll be back to 125, but I don't really care if I did or not. My diet during my poor sleep was still raw, but my non-raw treats increased. My cravings went way up because my hormones were all over the place. It just shows that even just denying yourself a wee bit in the sleep department, can undo much of the good your diet is doing for you! But I am back to almost normal, but now 100% raw, so I'm back in detox- rashes, zits, ect. So I put this in the success category:)

Not as extreme but same for me.
I work shift and every five weeks i have s seven day run of mega early shifts and i only get around 4-5hrs sleep a night.
I never lose at the following weigh in, and have gained twice (balanced out by big loss following week)

That makes so much sense. Have you ever measured your saliva PH first thing in the morning? It reflects how many available minerals are in your body. What I've found is that after a really good sleep, where I feel refreshed and don't crave more, my PH is high and healthy (7.2). But if I wake up groggy, my PH is acidic, like 6.4-6.8. It actually shows stress on the body.

When sleep is bad, and I start eating more, I always think of a bear plumping up for hibernation:)

Back