Weight Gain - Help!

TRW

Hi Everyone

I'm on Day 5 of Lipotrim and I've gained weight this morning. I weigh daily which maybe isn't the best idea but don't understand how I've gained 1/2 pound since yesterday. It's not my TOTM and I've stuck to it rigidly. The only thing that was any different yesterday is that I had 3 cold shakes instead of 1 hot one or replacing a shake for a bar which I did on the 2 previous days.

Also I drank 4+ litres of water which is probably more than usual.

Does anyone know if drinking too much water can have a negative affect? and also any other reasons for possible weight gain?

I'm feeling a bit disappointed however I'm not giving up. My mouth has definitely felt much drier the last 2 days and I assumed that may be ketosis kicking in.

Any advice much appreciated.

:)

TRW I know what you mean about the mouth , i'm now on day 4 and yesterday it was awful felt like leather , just thought i've got to brush my teeth as its so dry , but didn't help . With the weight gain the body is strange ... i guess it will sort itself out ...Good luck

missleo - I do hope so. I wonder if dreaming about food could cause weight gain as last night I dreamt I ate 4 grapes - sad or what lol!

TRW
Long story about my weight loss... but it goes something like this......... On April i was going to join LL but because you have to see your doctor which he said its out of his hands its after hours its 95 pounds then on top of that its 65 pounds a week for LL so it put me off then i came across this site and one of the CDC was on here and i got some CD from her , well i did one week and on day 7 felt myself snapping and gave in well its been a rollercoaster with trying hard to lose weight But i'm now back into a VLCD and i'm doing 3 slim fast shakes a day and yesterday was a hard day for me i'm ok today as the day has just started lol . Epic ..... how are you doing ?

Hi Everyone

I'm on Day 5 of Lipotrim and I've gained weight this morning. I weigh daily which maybe isn't the best idea but don't understand how I've gained 1/2 pound since yesterday. It's not my TOTM and I've stuck to it rigidly. The only thing that was any different yesterday is that I had 3 cold shakes instead of 1 hot one or replacing a shake for a bar which I did on the 2 previous days.

Also I drank 4+ litres of water which is probably more than usual.

Does anyone know if drinking too much water can have a negative affect? and also any other reasons for possible weight gain?

I'm feeling a bit disappointed however I'm not giving up. My mouth has definitely felt much drier the last 2 days and I assumed that may be ketosis kicking in.

Any advice much appreciated.

:)

Hi TRW, first, it is impossible NOT to lose weight on LT if you stick to it. Its not really a great idea to weigh daily, as the body naturally goes up and down from day to day. Keep drinking the water - this will stop you retaining fuid, which helps, and also if you havent done a #2 for a few days, get some Senokot down you. All this can add up to extra weight thats in your body, which might make you appear to have gained, or not to have lost so much. You only have a couple of days to go till weigh-in, so stick with it and you will definitely get some results. Everyone's body is different and we are all going to lose at different rates - I for one tend to lose most of my weekly weight the 2 days before my weigh-in! Keep going :)

Hi TRW - Elle is right you cannot gain weight on LT....however I do weigh myself everyday (yes its a bad idea but I am a scales addict!!) and each am...my scales are always up and down but I base my weight loss on the Chemist scales...(my home one is usually a 1llb or 2llb lower on same day).....

I can hear them calling me each morning!!! It so sad - I know I shouldnt but I cant help myself>>>LOL

Thanks everyone for your advice. Weighing daily is a bad idea but it spurs me on although it's true it was a dissapointment this morning however that's only made me more determined. I could have possibly exceeded 6 litres of water yesterday so I'll make sure I don't have too much in future.

I really need to lose major weight however I am already concerned about it coming back on once I start to eat food again. I realise that will obviously happen if I returned to my old habits which I won't but I'm more worried that even if I stuck to a healthy diet that it would all slowly or rapidly return.

I've know a few people and they put all their weight back on plus more!

Anyway positive thinking I hear you say..... that's a scary story I just read about the girl that died who was on LL, so now I'm also paranoid that my lean heart tissue will waste away. I was watching a programme the other morning that was saying if you lose more that 3lbs per wk it's lean tissue etc etc.

To be honest I've tried many other ways which would have helped me to lose weight gradually but I always gave up and the results weren't quick enough when I've got so much to lose. Also I gather as I gained several stone during pregnancy, that was also a dangerous thing to do over 9 months so I now want rid!

Do you all worry about it being worse for you than being over weight is?

I have still lost 5lbs so far according to my scales so that's good.

Is it true that I will gain what I lose in the first week back once I finish SS as it's water and sugar? If so I'm going to have to allow that in my final goal.

It's a shame there isn't more of us on LT on this site. I may also join the lipotrim site as I always seem to be on here when no-one else is.

Hope you are all well :)

Once you go into refeeding, you will put back a few lbs of weight, which is basically water, so yes, allow for that with your final goal.

Its true of any diet that once you stop it, if you dont watch what you are doing and you go back to old ways, of course you will regain the weight. However, if you are being careful about what you put in your mouth, and you keep within your maintenance calories, you will not put the weight back on. Its as simple as that. I'm a member of Weightlossresources, and know full well that I will need to be a member for life, in order to use the food diary and ensure that I am keeping within my maintenance calories. But its a very, very small price to pay to keep to goal weight, isnt it? Would you rather pay a few pounds a month and keep slim, or save yourself a bit of money and get big?!

A loss of 5lb is very good, I had thought from your original post that you were saying you had not lost any weight at all since starting.... You've no cause for complaint there!!

Thats good advice from Elle....
Basically LT, CD etc are designed with all the necessary vits and supps that ensure you are not stripping your muscle tissue so once you stick to the diet you are safe.
Refeeding and keeping the flap off is a worry I have too..I really dont want to have to go through this again (EVER) so staying slim will I think be the biggest challenge!! I am planning on following a low GI diet...and have got some books (really good one recommened by Elle) and am reading up so I can start when I am off LT.

Water and pins and needles!

How much water is everyone drinking each day? No weight loss again today :( I think it's definitely a bad thing for me to weigh each day at home. So I'm now heavier than I was on Sat morning.

I've been racking my brains for reasons. I've not had soup the last 2 days but gone for a cold shake instead, so I'm going back to a soup for my evening 'meal' to see if it makes any difference.

First day at work whilst on LT, it's quite challenging as I'm right next to the biscuits and treats etc and I'm usually one of the first to tuck in. Will need to stay strong.

Feel very proud as yesterday my favourite of all favourites was for dinner and I resisted but it was very hard.

I've noticed that I get pins and needles from time to time in my arms and legs but nothing major has anyone else had this? :)

Nope...havent had pin and needles...its worth mentioning that to your chemist to be sure to be sure. Work was hard for me too..we have a full restaurant in work which serves all the comfort food I love (and helped me get to weight I am)...chips, chilli, meatballs, mash, thai chicken....could go on and on....so I now either go for a walk or work through lunch..my boss is well impressed LOL

I am a scales addict too. I bought myself a new pair on Saturday and weigh myself every morning. It's an addiction which I can't break. I know that what I weigh on them will be less than what I weigh at the chemist, but still I can't help myself.

Buy a set of scales which gives you your weight in KGs then you wont be arsed weighing yourself because you have to work it out every time!!! That works for me, I just weigh myself at the chemist and then it's a wee surprise:giggle:

TRW you are going to make yourself ill with all this worrying. Calm down and take each day as it comes because some are going to be better than others. On your bad days get yourself on here and let it all out!!:cry:

OOOOOH Charlotte I like your new signature and Avatar it's alot more cheerful looking although I lkied the black and mysterious look too. :) ;)

Hi Guys just catching up with things , Hi to TRW !!!!

Ive been trying to refeed since may ...the first week or 2 i lost 2lbs both weeks , but since then ive been eating fairly normally , watching most things i put in my mouth but being fairly good . ive since put on 6lbs ..... Please allow yourselfs a goos 1/2 stone past goal to limit what you will put on in the few weeks after ss'ing .
Tomoro im going back into the refeed process , 2 shakes then chicken and green leaves , gonna do this for a week and see if i lose a couple of pound , if not i shall pop back to my chemist and get on the ss wagon again . got to loose this final stone ....althought its now 1.5 stone !!!!

TRW .... just keep to your shakes and bars if you like them and then drink your water and the weight will fall off ... try not to weigh yourself every day , it can be very disheartening to see the scales fluctulate !!!!

Keep up the good work thou x

TRW
Long story about my weight loss... but it goes something like this......... On April i was going to join LL but because you have to see your doctor which he said its out of his hands its after hours its 95 pounds then on top of that its 65 pounds a week for LL so it put me off then i came across this site and one of the CDC was on here and i got some CD from her , well i did one week and on day 7 felt myself snapping and gave in well its been a rollercoaster with trying hard to lose weight But i'm now back into a VLCD and i'm doing 3 slim fast shakes a day and yesterday was a hard day for me i'm ok today as the day has just started lol . Epic ..... how are you doing ?

Do you actually get into ketosis and all that by simply using slim fast? I was wondering, since the shakes of lipotrim are basically soy protein isolate and flavours, could you just go about by mixing 1 scoop of slimfast and one of soy protein isolate? (works out about 14gr protein and 140ish calories...) :rolleyes:

Not sure...I think there is more carbs in slimfast than LT or CD?

Back