weight gain.. long post sorry

lianas

Hi . This is now my fourth pregnancy so i know my belly will be huge judging by my last pregnancy. i normally put on between 3-4 stone as i give into my cravings ( very bad) i also retain water very early in pregnancy.. i have lost the weight each time by doing cambridge diet.

This time i would like to keep weight gain to around 2- 2.5 stones as last time i found sticking to the diet to lose weight very hard and before this pregnancy was smallest i have been before and was really happy and confident..

i am 17 weeks and so far have put on alot less then i normally do .. not by dieting but because for the first time i cant have dairy, chocolate or anything too sweet as makes me feel really sick..

but i am still suffering nausea and bread is the only thing that settles my belly but before pregnancy i would go days without carbs to maintain weight and now im having it every day.. :(

my weight gain is still under a stone at the moment.. i have put on a few pounds mainly since i started second trimester. i have quite a big belly already but i would like to be mainly belly and not really much weight gain on my body. i cant really exercise as much as i have a weak cervix so dont really want to take the risk whilst pregnant.. i stopped going gym around 8 weeks pregnant.

does anyone have any advice as i really would like to stay within a healthy weight gain range and not go above the 2.5 stone mark.. 2 stones would be great?

Last edited:
Hi . This is now my fourth pregnancy so i know my belly will be huge judging by my last pregnancy. i normally put on between 3-4 stone as i give into my cravings ( very bad) i also retain water very early in pregnancy.. i have lost the weight each time by doing cambridge diet.

This time i would like to keep weight gain to around 2- 2.5 stones as last time i found sticking to the diet to lose weight very hard and before this pregnancy was smallest i have been before and was really happy and confident..

i am 17 weeks and so far have put on alot less then i normally do .. not by dieting but because for the first time i cant have dairy, chocolate or anything too sweet as makes me feel really sick..

but i am still suffering nausea and bread is the only thing that settles my belly but before pregnancy i would go days without carbs to maintain weight and now im having it every day.. :(

my weight gain is still under a stone at the moment.. i have put on a few pounds mainly since i started second trimester. i have quite a big belly already but i would like to be mainly belly and not really much weight gain on my body. i cant really exercise as much as i have a weak cervix so dont really want to take the risk whilst pregnant.. i stopped going gym around 8 weeks pregnant.

does anyone have any advice as i really would like to stay within a healthy weight gain range and not go above the 2.5 stone mark.. 2 stones would be great?
Firstly congrats on your pregnancy and fab weight loss. I'm almost 11 weeks with baby no 5. I had lost 4.5 stone on cwp when I found out. I'm also a bugger for eating way too much when I'm pregnant and gaining excessive amounts of weight. I have had quite severe sickness so my weight actually went down initially. I'm only being sick about once a day now and just starting to stomach " normal " food again. I'm finding that white dried bread is helping to (not the best I know). I don't have any advice as such but it would be great if we could support each other. I'm so petrified of returning to my old habits. There is so much support on here as we are all in the same boat. Hope this helps

Firstly congrats on your pregnancy and fab weight loss. I'm almost 11 weeks with baby no 5. I had lost 4.5 stone on cwp when I found out. I'm also a bugger for eating way too much when I'm pregnant and gaining excessive amounts of weight. I have had quite severe sickness so my weight actually went down initially. I'm only being sick about once a day now and just starting to stomach " normal " food again. I'm finding that white dried bread is helping to (not the best I know). I don't have any advice as such but it would be great if we could support each other. I'm so petrified of returning to my old habits. There is so much support on here as we are all in the same boat. Hope this helps

Yes that would be great! havent had any water retention as i normally do .. because i cant stomach anything too sweet im only drinking ice cold water ( which i never drink water normally) so this has probably helped all round.. i think if its wasnt for alot of things making me sick i would have put on alot more by now so is a good thing lol....

i am the same its only dried bread that makes me feel better or dry crackers.. i try to have a bowl of bran flakes in the morning sometimes rather then bread when i can stomach it...

Back