Cruise PV Weight Gain...

Wheelndeal77

Hi Everyone,

I'm really baffled this morning...I'm on my 10th day of Cruise and up until yesterday morning I was recording great weight losses every day (I can't help myself weighing every day lol). Yesterday I woke up and i'd gained 500g, today i've gained another 200g. I dont understand it. I haven't changed what i've been eating at all...only thing i've done different is to make some Dukan muffins and there is nothing in them that we are not allowed to have and i've only been having as many as it works out to be 2tblsp oat bran for my daily intake. The recipe i used called for 8tblsp and i made 28 mini muffins so i divided that into 4 portions, which is 7 mini muffins per day for 4 days.
I've been drinking plenty of water, approx. 3litres per day but i've been doing that from the start of the Dukan diet. I simply don't understand my weight gain.
Yesterday i ate:

2 scrambled eggs with a small amount of smoked salmon for breakfast.

no morning snack coz i was busy...

lunch i had approx. 30g ham, 4 of my dukan muffins, a small tin of tuna.

afternoon snack was a couple more muffins.

I had a few coffees with no fat milk and splenda.

dinner i made some turkey meatballs and put garlic, coriander, ginger and chilli in them and had some no fat natural yoghurt with garlic in it as a dip.

after dinner i had a handful more meatballs as a snack.

yesterday was my PP day. Today is my PV day.

Has anyone else had this problem during the Cruise phase? Does the weight loss start again?

Please help!!!

:cry:

It's possibly 'time of the month' - I would stall, or even put on small amounts of weight (say a pound) for up to 10 days, then suddenly, whooosh - one day I'd be 4 or 5 lbs lighter than I'd been the day before.

I know it's nerve wracking, but try to be patient and stick to your guns.

What is in the muffins, mine barely make 3 per day.

Anyway its not uniform, sometimes eating a bit later, tom, transit, water, will give a temporary small gain, usually falls off again shortly - sometimes only after 3 or 4 increasingly frustrating days.

Hi there! This is sounds very familiar... happened to me as well and just like Atropos said (both at TOM and just because). What would change my stall or gains would be to actually up my calorie intake (sticking exactly to Dukan of course). I would have a loss after upping calorie intake... make sure you're eating enough.

Its hard not to be obsessed with scales and daily changes, but you have to trust in the long-term inevitable success as long as you stick with it. Don't let it get your spirits or motivation down (easier said than done, trust me... I KNOW!)

Thanks for your replies ladies. I know it's not that time of month. I had that the other week while I was on attack & I didn't gain a pound!! (that's never happened at ttom before)! Attack must of helped keep fluid retention away.
I'm not giving up hope coz so far the diet is really working and I'm finding it so easy to stick to. I'm going to press on and hope the weight falls off again.

Stick with it, I know its not easy seeing it but I had a small gain last Mon and Tue , sts on Wed then losses on thur, fri, sat, sun, sts mon and another loss today.

I still chose to weigh everyday but I don't focus on any small blips as the bigger picture shows just how much weigh you have lost......you'll get a woosh soon ;)
xx

Back