Weight Gain...

nattyclare78

Silver Member
I know I shouldn't weigh every day but I do and that's how I have done it for 6 weeks.
I either lose or stay the same every day which is fine, but today, I have gained half a pound today. Can anyone advise please? Has this happened to anyone else?
Please help............

I haven't eaten or drunk anything different

I would not worry about in daily weigh in and what the results are, your body changes daily and so does your weight, I would take your weekly weigh in figure as the true figure. You will lose that half a pound in a few days. I had weeks where I stayed the same or put on but then the following week I would lose a little extra. Honestly nothing to be concerned about.

This happens to me too but I can't refrain from weighing daily. It keeps me focused!! And I figure when I reach goal I'll need to do it to keep on top of my weight anyway.

This happens to me too but I can't refrain from weighing daily. It keeps me focused!! And I figure when I reach goal I'll need to do it to keep on top of my weight anyway.

So glad I am not the only one that weighs daily!
Like you it keeps me in check!

I weigh daily too and small fluctuations (up to 2lbs) is pretty normal. It's not always an indicator of how you ate the day before, the body is just doing its own thing regulating and adjusting as it goes along. It's a very complex thing that most people don't really understand yet. Each individual is different, we all have different hormones affecting it all, there's a lot of environmental factors that make a difference.
If anything, if it helps you to weigh daily, by all means keep doing it. I find a loss is encouraging and a gain is motivating to do better. But, don't take a small gain to heart, don't forget to look at the big picture - so the weekly, monthly. If it's going in the right direction, then that is what matters :)

I weigh daily too and small fluctuations (up to 2lbs) is pretty normal. It's not always an indicator of how you ate the day before, the body is just doing its own thing regulating and adjusting as it goes along. It's a very complex thing that most people don't really understand yet. Each individual is different, we all have different hormones affecting it all, there's a lot of environmental factors that make a difference.
If anything, if it helps you to weigh daily, by all means keep doing it. I find a loss is encouraging and a gain is motivating to do better. But, don't take a small gain to heart, don't forget to look at the big picture - so the weekly, monthly. If it's going in the right direction, then that is what matters :)

thankyou!
And well done on your fantastic weight loss x

Back