Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

weight loss and dress size loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by peachy1982, 19 September 2007 Social URL.

1. peachy1982

peachy1982 Silver Member

Diet:
    common sense, everything in moderation
    Hi people,
    I thought I would be nosey and find out about people, their heights, their dress sizes and how much weight they lost before their dress sizes were going down.

I am 5'7" and started at 17 stone, at this time I was a size 20 top and bottom.
    AFter I lost the first stone my 20s got a bit loose but it was when i reached a 2 stone loss I finally got rid of al the 20s and the 18s were feeling a bit loose.
    Another stone on and all my 18s have gone - I am now a 16 in most things apart from the skinny shops where everything is smaller than they say.
    So I just wondered how everyone else has been getting on with dress sizes.

peachy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I was a 16 to 18 when I started at 13s 12lbs, I have lost a stone now and my size 16's are quite bit and my size 14's are quite tight. Have a look on the forum though as there is a discussion about how different clothes sizes are from shop to shop etc

4. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi there

I am 5ft 1 and weighed 14st exactly when I started. I have lost two stones as of this morning and my 18's are now loose, think I will be into a 16 in about another half stone.

Gx

5. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Im 5'4 started at 14st 12 (i think) and was a size 18. Losing 2 stone has taken me down to a size 16. ... size 14 here I come.

6. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

I was a size 28-30 and am 5ft 11 and weighed 20 stone 7lbs after about a stone a half i was a 26-68 and at 14st 6 am now a size 18 top and bottom.

julesrush
    cdc norwich

7. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Im the same height as you Peachy, 5ft 7 and am currently 14st 2. I am wearing some 14's and some 16's depending on where they are from. I started at 18st 1 and was busting out of nearly all my size 20s.

8. peachy1982

peachy1982 Silver Member

Diet:
    common sense, everything in moderation
    Cheers everyone - interesting to see that sometimes you lose a lot and it doesn't make much difference - but then a couple of lbs can knock you down that next dress size
    peachy
    x

9. lukiesgirl

lukiesgirl ICC

A dress size is every 2 to 3 inch loss apparently.
    I started at 17st 8.5lb, 5' 8" and a size 22 bottom, 18 top.
    17 weeks and over 4st later I weigh 13st 3.5lb, a size 16 bottom and 12 top. Im a 14 bottom in NEXT!!!
    Amazing when you think about it, smaller clothes are more fun!

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive found that for me (so far) its been roughly one dress size per stone. Mind you I expect that to change pretty soon :)

11. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I was 19st 1 and a size 26 - I'm now 14st 3 and I'm in Next size 16 - - and I'm 5ft 1.25" --- don't want to forget my 1/4 inch :)

12. Carly

Carly Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    started at 13st 10lb which was a (tight) size 16. I'm now at 10st 3lb and comfortably in all size 12's and even some 10s!!!!

13. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

After i had my baby in March 2005 i put on more weight and was nearly 14 stone. At the point i was in size 18s mostly (one pair of size 20 trousers from dorothy perkins - i remember them well!)

I then dropped a stone and a half and went into size 16s. I started CD at 12 stone 5lbs in size 16s, some large 14s.

I am now 9st 12 and fit easily into 12s, some of my 12s are too big but i am not quite into a 10. I think I am probably an "11"!

Hopefully by the time i finish i will be around 9st 5 and a proper size 10.

interesting thread - thankyou

14. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

forgot to say i am 5ft 4

15. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I am 5' 2" and at my heaviest (22st) I was a size 32.

At 12st 7lb I was still a size 18 ... but mainly because my problem area (tummy) meant I couldn't get into anything smaller. Size 18 clothes were, however, loose around my shoulders, bust and hips. If it hadn't been for my tummy I'd probably have been in a 16.

16. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    Wow - this is really interesting!

I am just 5 foot (similar to Katie Oxo and Porgeous) - yet we are all different sizes at similar weights! So it really is unique to each person!

I stared at 14stone 1 and was tight in my size 18's. I have only lost 11lbs so far, but already I am back in my size 16's. I keep wearing my 18's but I have problems keeping them up - which can be a bit embarrassing at work!! He he!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.