Weight Loss and Looking Ill ??

AmethystWitch

Hi all! :)

I was just wondering if anyone else here has been told they look ill since losing weight?? I was 17.9 before, I'm now 13.2, so I've lost 4 1/2 stone so far, I feel sooo much better for it but everyone keeps telling me I look ill!! Whether it be to my face or behind my back :rolleyes: I must admit that since losing the weight, underneath my eyes have become darker and more wrinkly for some reason, I havn't worn make up in years and I'm only 28!! So that is quite annoying and I think that's what people are getting at with me :eek: I've seen lots of stories and pictures of people who have lost weight and they do look soo much older then they did before, I've noticed it in other people too that have had alot of weight loss, in celebrities aswell which are covered in make up! So I don't get it, is it because my face was so plump before that it just erased the wrinkles and dark circles? lol Why do I look ill??? :confused: I'm eating really healthy, I'm a vegetarian, so I love my fruits and vegs and only drink water and herbal tea. :confused:

This is an odd one. I always thought you would start to look healthier. Could you be anaemic? Askin as you say you are a veggie, being restrictive could have an impact on ur iron levels and pale skin would be a sign.
When I went through a stage of losing too much weight I got told I looked ill but it was due to my bony lookin back. Could it be a bit of jealousy? Buy some concealer, pop some cold used tea bags from the fridge on ur eyes before u use it and silence the haters!! Well done on ur loss!!

Omg, that is actually really weird, I had a dream the other night that I was anaemic! lol I don't even know why? Maybe my body is telling me something?? Weird lol
Thanks for the kick ass advice, I like your style! lol Concealer, tea bags and attitude! lol :D

I'm not a vegetarian but I'm not fussed on meat, I eat poultry and the odd burger so I always lack iron! Take a multi vit and evening primrose is fab for women in general but it keeps my skin clear and bright!!
Totally, don't let people bring you down you are doing great!! If you feel good and you aren't ill, just say well how do you know how I feel? Cos I feel good!! We all get dark circles I have mega ones now, who cares!! ;) xx

I think when you lose alot of weight, your body doesn't take it off where it needs to necessarily but all over...and gravity plays a part too, so it will come off the face. However, I have noticed that after a time it goes back on to the places where it should be so your face may fill out a bit after time. My boobs suffered and deflated alarmingly but filled out again after my weight stabilized.

I think people get used to seeing you at a certain weight with certain features. As you lose weight and features get more defined and prominent people would start to notice them more and you would look odd to them. Take their concern with a pinch of salt - as long as you are happy in the healthy bracket and dont go stupidly low you'll be fine.

It's probably not that you look ill, just different.

As for wrinkles etc. Find yourself a good natural skin cream (Google Palm & Sole, I swear by them!) that will moisturise your skin. It'll plump it up, hide wrinkles and get rid of dark circles.

thunderthighs said:
I think when you lose alot of weight, your body doesn't take it off where it needs to necessarily but all over...and gravity plays a part too, so it will come off the face. However, I have noticed that after a time it goes back on to the places where it should be so your face may fill out a bit after time. My boobs suffered and deflated alarmingly but filled out again after my weight stabilized.

I agree with this! It sometimes takes time for your body to adjust.

Not sure if you're in to the idea, but I'd pop in to boots or somewhere and go to one of the counters (maybe Clinique as their stuff is very skin friendly) and ask for some advice on concealers etc. It may be that people are just not used to the slimmer you, but it might boost your confidence a bit if you try a new look. Even if it's just a tinted moisturiser or something to give you more of a glow :)

Back