Weight loss buddy anyone??

I know what what u mean social butterfly. Just want to wake up with the weight off. We can dream. Will be worth the work though. Just imagine being able to wear your jeans with a singleton this summer without feeling the need to cover up!!! That's my motivation. Sick of covering up in cardigans.

miss kk said:
I know what what u mean social butterfly. Just want to wake up with the weight off. We can dream. Will be worth the work though. Just imagine being able to wear your jeans with a singleton this summer without feeling the need to cover up!!! That's my motivation. Sick of covering up in cardigans.

Positivity will get us everywhere :) we can do it. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

miss kk said:

Ps your diary sounds spot on, I started last week and was so full up lol!! Went through feeling sick and the shakes !! Week two is going brilliant :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Booly, that's a great loss, well done and miss kk, your diary sounds good to me. When I think about what I ate before in comparison to what I'm having now, it's mad really - I find that I'm having so much less bread than before and I used to have olive oil lots as for some reason I thought it was good for me?!

I have to say, my arms are aching now!

So difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel sometimes, it seems like such a lot of hard work to get small numbers showing off on the scales. But when I actually look at it, since jan 11th I've lost 15.5 lb which has amounted from lots of little losses. My point being if I woke up in the morning 15.5lb's heavier I'd definitely notice. So keep chipping away guys!! I dream of wearing jeans and trousers without a muffin top and that horrible fat at the bottom of my back. I've got some lovely new pants in a size 14 from next in that lovely camel colour that roll up at the bottom. I'd love to look good in them ( and fir them to fasten) so that's my little goal :) sorry to waffle :D :D

Trimtrixy that's loads of weight since jan. I'm very impressed. Go you!!! You'll be swanning around in those trousers in no time!

I had to lose about 10% before I could see a visable difference, at 20% the difference was amazing, and now at almost 30% my face is almost unrecognisable :eek: I have some pics in my album if you want to have a nosey :p

And I just realised that I have posted this on the wrong thread - doh *slaps forehead like Homer*

Last edited:
So difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel sometimes,

I know that feeling all too well. When I started, thr realisation that I had to lose about 7 stones made me so angry and upset at what I had done to myself. I know everyone says look at the small goes, but sometimes that is easier said than done. But for you own sanity, you really do need to focus on smaller goals. For me it was the 1/2 stone marks as small targets and my 10% as my biggie. I have continued this changing the 10% for the 20% etc as a way to keep myself from becomming overwhemed by the length of my journey. But it looks as if you have some great visualation techniques of your own going on :D

As you carry on that little light at the end of the tunnel does get bigger and brighter - I promise :)

Good luck to any thirsty weighers??? *fingers crossed* I'll check in tonight to let you know if my weight now starts with 13 !!! Gosh I hope so!!!!

Ps has anyone tried scan bran? I'm doing the week challenge next week and see if it Ups my loss next week if I team it with loads of water and plenty of SS foods (number per day yet to be decided lol). Wish me luck x

Good luck to any thirsty weighers??? *fingers crossed* I'll check in tonight to let you know if my weight now starts with 13 !!! Gosh I hope so!!!!

Ps has anyone tried scan bran? I'm doing the week challenge next week and see if it Ups my loss next week if I team it with loads of water and plenty of SS foods (number per day yet to be decided lol). Wish me luck x

i havent tried it but hears its an aquired taste lol... so been a bit scared too :rolleyes:

So difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel sometimes, it seems like such a lot of hard work to get small numbers showing off on the scales. But when I actually look at it, since jan 11th I've lost 15.5 lb which has amounted from lots of little losses. My point being if I woke up in the morning 15.5lb's heavier I'd definitely notice. So keep chipping away guys!! I dream of wearing jeans and trousers without a muffin top and that horrible fat at the bottom of my back. I've got some lovely new pants in a size 14 from next in that lovely camel colour that roll up at the bottom. I'd love to look good in them ( and fir them to fasten) so that's my little goal :) sorry to waffle :D :D

your getting there hunni, and your soing fab :) stay positive, you will have they troursers on very soon xx:D

Ps has anyone tried scan bran? I'm doing the week challenge next week and see if it Ups my loss next week if I team it with loads of water and plenty of SS foods
(number per day yet to be decided lol).

Wish me luck x

Good Luck Funky Monkey!
Scan bran is a bit tasteles and dry really, but ok if you add lots of toppings to mask it. I try and have it twice a week and it definately helps u go ;)
Another good one I've found helps is brown rice, in fact I forgot about that. Think I'll make a curry, I've got some prawns in the freezer/ Had that a few weeks ago plus the scan bran (not on the same day, oh no that wouldn't be pleasant) and I lost 3lb. Scan bran is also much much nicer in cakes, but then you will be using syns, but well worth it :D

TrimTrixy said:
Good Luck Funky Monkey!
Scan bran is a bit tasteles and dry really, but ok if you add lots of toppings to mask it. I try and have it twice a week and it definately helps u go ;)
Another good one I've found helps is brown rice, in fact I forgot about that. Think I'll make a curry, I've got some prawns in the freezer/ Had that a few weeks ago plus the scan bran (not on the same day, oh no that wouldn't be pleasant) and I lost 3lb. Scan bran is also much much nicer in cakes, but then you will be using syns, but well worth it :D

Yeah I was thinking about making cake with it (am fine with using a few syns as i never use all 15 ever) and using it to dunk in soups to try make it less dry?!?

3lb is an brilliant loss - hope it works for me :cross:

Haha, me to Socialbutterfly! I'm too scared to try Scran Bran also. I'd like to try it in a cake as I've heard it can be nice, but I'm still not convinced!
Trim Trixy - that is an amazing weight loss - very inspiring to me I have to say. Good on you x
I liked blue smarties views on the mini goals as that is the best way to get you through. Mine is now to get under 15 and then to lose 7lb at SW.
Well, it's mothers day on Sunday and I'm nervous about it as I would like to indulge a little, but then again it's my WI on Monday! I'm also going out with my friend tomorrow evening and I'm freaking out about that as well!! I've been thinking and I will try to either go for a tomatoey pasta or a fish/chicken dish and I won't have a dessert.
Oh and I heard at my group on Mon that a measure of vodka is 2.5 syns, is that right? If it is, I will have a couple of them instead of my usual rose! x :D

Funky monkey said:
According to food optimising book a 35ml measure of vodka is 4 syns x

A 25ml on is 2.5 I think. I'm pretty certain the club does smaller measures to stop us getting lairy. I shall check before i start drinking.

Zxx

Sent from my iPhone

I'm going out with the girls on Saturday and boy can they knock em back, I've decided I'm going to take my own vodka measured out, so I know how much I'm having. Then I'm just going to buy diet cokes. Cheapskate yes! But it's more to do with wanting a good loss this week. Fingers crossed I don't get caught!!! ;-)

Back