Weight loss buddy anyone??

Hi......I've started again on 1st Jan, was 14 stone 6lbs, have been 100% and have lost 8 lbs ....weigh in tomorrow...feel much better for it......would like to join the group as I always do well until I get to around 12 stone 9 and then I blow it...got loads of clothes that don't fit that I need to get into and my son is getting married in Mauritius this November - I don't want to be the fat one in the photos!

I lost 1lb this week. The right direction I suppose! Although I'm now 11stone 13lbs woohoo lol

Hi Caatrin! I reached 15st on the nose on Monday this week, and I'm aiming for a further 4 - 5 st loss - bit vague because it will depend what I look like when I get to 11½st and about a size 10/12. I don't want to go too far and end up scrawny with wrinkles hanging off my face! (it's so long ago since I was anything like that size I can't rely on old photos - age and gravity will have had their effect!). I know the next loss will take some doing because the lard has been there for a heck of a long time - I'm just getting into clothes I last wore over 20 years ago! But I do find SW is less of a Diet and more a different way of doing things, which gives me more confidence I'll be able to stick to it in the long term. I have very little willpower and if I'm not careful will find any excuse to comfort/celebrate/cheer-up/calm-down/whatever eat, so I need all the help I can get! God knows how long it'll take me to get to 11st, but I'm hoping to get under 12st by October - that would put me at about the weight I was when I started work with my company, all of 25 years ago!

Hi every one hope its ok to join this thread as im now bout 14st 7 but i need to lose bout 6 stone i lost 3lb this week but like alot of you iv'e also been doin it on and off for a few yrs and kept changing diets but im so determined this time i think i'll have to look at rather half or 1 stone at a time. good luck to u all xxx

No weigh in this week!

Happy to join

Hi all!
I have been a member of SW on and off for 2 years, but am determined to make it to my goal this time!
I'm a trainee primary school teacher, graduating this summer and feel like I need to loosebthis weight before this time next year (time to goal 1 year). I want to be a good role model to my class by showing them what hard work can achieve.
I'm looking for a friend who has approx the same to loose so we can inspire eachother, please help :eek:

Hi,

I am 14.96 stones at the moment and would like to go down to 10-11 stones. It would be nice to have a slimming buddy with a similar journey to go through... I am also about to qualify in July and would like to start my new job looking good and feeling good :D Hopefully we can help each other.

Hi all

I joined SW last week, I am also around the 16st mark wanting to loose 5 stone!! I don't have a target date as I don't know how long this is reasonably likely to take? But I am definitely looking at this, not as a diet, but as a permanent change to my eating habits, I want this weight off and off for life!!

Background: Did WW 3 times in the past 8 years, weight loss stopped everytime I got to -12lbs and I got fed up counting everything so left, and of course it all came back on plus more. Tried SW once 3 years ago for 2 weeks - gained 1lb both weeks then left! Couldn't get my head around the plan and was hooked on sugar. I feel more determined now though to make these changes permanently and get a handle on my sugar cravings for good.

Would absolutely love some buddies to do this with!!!!

Can I join you's?

Rachael.

Hello!! Another one here. Joins SW for the umteenth time just after Xmas and weighed in at 16.41/2, have lost 1.41/2 taking me to 15st with about 5 more to go - again depending when I reach a 12/14. More interested in clothes size than weight if I'm honest.

Current motivation is a holiday in May with my superskinny SiL and another in September, so they should keep me going!

Also want to change my habits to set an example to my little girl and not be the slummy mummy at the school gates when she starts in a couple if years!!

Really enjoying SW this time round and have noticed loads if changes in myself that spur me on. Hopefully we can help to keep each other on track!

Ill join girls.

This is my first time to do slimming world. Im 6weeks in and a stone down.

Current weight 16st 4 1/2.

Iv no official goal for what weight i should be. Im tall and broad. I wouldnt have a belly but i have these huge hips that i hate. GP said 3 stone of me is muscle and fluid but i doubt its that much. I am athletic and do two training sessions a week. Suppose like many of you here ill keep going until i am happy with my weight. Right now i am not so thats why i am here.

So hello and good luck to all. I weigh in on thursdays :)

Jo

Re: I need a diet friend!! Anyone??

Hi there, love your attitude- great that a naughty treat doesnt push you off track! It's deserved on a special night out. How was Chicago? Love the film, really want to see it at the theatre!

My OH and I really want to get a puppy but I'm nevous about having to ge up early to walk it! Could you go for a jog with it to warm up and get some bodyagic in? :D x

Hey all,

I was off sick with a chest infection and have not started my diet yet. Today is my first day and i am totally depressed. I did measure myself and I have put on 30 kg (almost 5 stones) in the past 3 years. Few years back i promised myself (after losing around 6 stones) that i will never be that big again and here I am...Amazing how the weight can just come back...

Anyway it's first day of a new me, right? :) How is everybody doing?

Hi girlies! Great to have some mutual buddies! I weighed in on Tues night, second weigh-in, lost 4 lbs - yay! I am so pleased, because I have been eating three full meals a day and never going hungry at all, in fact I feel like I am eating too much at times! I am vegetarian, so learning to cook meals instead of living off sandwiches and packets of biscuits has been interesting! But I am surprising myself - I am actually enjoying it all :)

Squares76 - my motivation is a super-skinny-gorgeous girlfriends hen at the end of June - they are all gorgeous slim girls - I am NOT gona be the big whale of the company! NO! Not that I think I am gona loose 5 stone by June, but 2.5 I think is doable, hopefully 3! Then the wedding at the end of August. Also, I would love to get back in to a wardrobe of lovely summer clothes I haven't touched in a few years.

Aiven, you have the right attitude. New day = new start. Did you just go back to the way you used to eat after you got to target last time? I have to say that is something that's in the back of my mind - like I have to get used to eating this way for life or else the weight will come back. Maybe try and set out with that mind-set this time around?

Well, this week I learnt how to make a chocolate [sort of!] Albran cake - at only 2 syns a slice it has been a life saver, a nice sweet and very filling treat because of all the fibre in the Albran. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post the recipe.

Good luck all for this week, keep checking in for support!

Rachael x

Aiven, you have the right attitude. New day = new start. Did you just go back to the way you used to eat after you got to target last time? I have to say that is something that's in the back of my mind - like I have to get used to eating this way for life or else the weight will come back. Maybe try and set out with that mind-set this time around?

Rachael x

Rachael - it started on a day of my birthday. My friend invited me for a meal to treat me and somehow from that day I have never stopped treating myself ;/ Every single day i would say - this is my last day when I am going to eat whatever i want and I will start from tomorrow. It has never happened! I am not sure I can set my mind that way because I will struggle. Maybe it's just because it is the beginning and i am still trying to find my way around, therefore it feels like in some way it's a restrictive diet. This diet kind of worries me as well, it seems that I eat a lot on it, actually more than I would usually eat. Does anybody have same problem? I will do my weigh in next week so for now I just need to believe it will work.

Adriana

I feel the same Adriana, like I am eating TOO much! But its the right kind of foods - and I have lost a good amount of weight the two weeks that I felt I ate too much at meal times. If you feel you are eating too much just cut down a bit on portion sizes, especially of rice/pasta/potato dishes, I find they are the ones where I feel too full after. As long as there is plenty of veg in there and no fat, its all good.

It's my weigh in tonight, I am not hopeful on a loss but interested to see what happens because I have fallen off the wagon a little this week - I thought I was doing so well that I could maybe reintroduce some chocolate, but no! I ended up just eating all the choc because it was in the cupboard and then I didn't want to eat meals because I felt so guilty and I was hoping that would cancel out the choc calories consumed. I don't think it works like that though! I haven't felt satisfied this week and been feeling more irrtable and tired again - def back on the wagon today!! That was not a good week.

I shall report my weigh-in tomorrow!

When's every-one else's weigh-ins?

Rachael

Rachael.

Well I lost another 2lbs this week! whoop whoop!! :D:D:D

I feel the same Adriana, like I am eating TOO much! But its the right kind of foods - and I have lost a good amount of weight the two weeks that I felt I ate too much at meal times. If you feel you are eating too much just cut down a bit on portion sizes, especially of rice/pasta/potato dishes, I find they are the ones where I feel too full after. As long as there is plenty of veg in there and no fat, its all good.

Rachael

Rachael.

I know we are not supposed to count calories etc but I do at times and get really anxious looking at how many of them I eat every day. I guess if I start seeing that my weight goes down i will relax about it. However I have been really bad for the past weeks - there is always some reason to celebrate and i end up eating/drinking things I should not. But from today, for the next 2 weeks I have no plans at all so I will try to stick to it and see how it goes :) Well done on your weight loss! I am going to report next Thursday :)

looking for buddie

hi everyone I am new to this forum I stared sw end jan 2013 I have lost 10lb so far need to loose another 39lb would love to team up with a buddy or anyone who is doing the same plan, love reading all your post and would rearly be gratefull for any surport you can offer thanks and good luck to you all

hi everyone I am new to this forum I stared sw end jan 2013 I have lost 10lb so far need to loose another 39lb would love to team up with a buddy or anyone who is doing the same plan, love reading all your post and would rearly be gratefull for any surport you can offer thanks and good luck to you all

Hiiiiiiii

We appear to be very similar! I've been doing SW for 3 and a half weeks and have lost 8.5 lbs so far =) lost a couple of stone calories counting last year but it was getting me down.

Hopefully we can help each other reach our goal - which appears to be very similar!

I have a food diary on here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/310306-owlgooses-food-diary.html which I'm doing my best to update as regularly as I can, but as I'm still doing handwritten diaries for my consultant it's a bit of a ballache typing everything as well.

Back