Weight loss buddy anyone??

It's by birthday on weds, 36, still feel like a teenager though ;) x

Had mine on the 2nd and I was cough 44. If you say it quickly it really doesn't hurt so much :8855:

You are allowed to overindulge on birthdays Em :D

I have struggled abit since Chris's accident. totally on track - little binges, but overall I am sticking to it.

I went to Gary's parents with him yesterday hadn't seen them for a few weeks as I often work when he goes and Charlie said to her Nan 'Mummy has made homemade burgers for tea and sw chips' Nanny replies 'why' Charlie says 'cos shes trying to eat healthy' Nanny says, 'oh right well its quite obviously not working then is it' and taps my tummy :cry:

OMG I was hurt but gritted my teeth and thought 'you just wait' its made me more determined than ever ;)

:( shame on her for making that comment. Grit your teeth, and keep on going. It won't be long till there is nothing for her to tap!

Some people can be really insensitive sometimes. I once knew a girl like that, she said it was because she had to tact, I said it was simply because she was darn right rude! There's honesty, and there's rudeness!

I'm one of those people that if you ask my opinion, I will give you it, but I don't just give it out willy nilly, and I'm very tactful. I've already had to teach him indoors the art of sugar coating things :)

I bet she didn't even realise what she was saying. I know people like that, they say something, and unless you say something to them about it, they don't even realise they have hurt you or upset you.

If it was me, I would grumble b***h under my breath, and carry on with the day, whilst moaning to anyone who listens about it. But I'm quite childish like that! :D

Oh Jackie, that's horrible. If I were you I'd bloody well show her! Don't say a word to her about being on a diet and ask the kids not to mention it either. There's nothing people hate more than someone proving them wrong ;) xx

Ooooh what a cheeky so and so!!! I would have said, oh thanks! Make her aware of what she just said! I can't believe how inconsiderate some people are! X

You would think after nearly 24 years of being married to her son I'd have learnt to argue back but I never do. I find its not worth it. She is tactless but always has been. Shes said worse lol. I guess I need to learn to grow a thicker skin. I can't wait until my weightloss is more noticeable then maybe something nice will be said!

I did think my target for losing as much as possible ought to be next November ie 2012 when we have been married 25 years :O now thats scarey.

Meant to say I made the burgers out of the new Sw magazine last night they were scrummy! It was extra lean mince, parsley, onion , garlic and worcester sauce, really nice. We had them in one brown roll (HEXB) salad, 3 little burgers in each roll, bacon without any fat, and sw chips and extra salad, really felt like a naughty tea but wasn't

So how is everyone today?

It's very nice down here today, I have the day off work today as my little'uns nursery is closed for training so it's a day of playing, peppa pig, cleaning and Ben and Holly lol x

Hello! Sun shiney here, so the washing is out at long last! I STILL have a dickey tummy, I obviously ate something wrong, so I'm in my dressing gown feeling a bit icky.

Lost a pound this week which is pretty cool, but worried it will all go back on this week after my stomach starts behaving!

Gotta do a big shop later, we seem to have run out of most things!

Enjoy your day off Em, they are always great!

Tinytootz said:
Hello! Sun shiney here, so the washing is out at long last! I STILL have a dickey tummy, I obviously ate something wrong, so I'm in my dressing gown feeling a bit icky.

Lost a pound this week which is pretty cool, but worried it will all go back on this week after my stomach starts behaving!

Gotta do a big shop later, we seem to have run out of most things!

Enjoy your day off Em, they are always great!

Ah Hun, I hope you feel better soon, great news on the loss! Well done Hun!

Heres a question, is there a lovely SW recipe, meal, food that you swear by and really love? I'm looking for some fresh ideas - I've looked at the recipes and that, but id love to know what you guys like.

My fave is fillet steak and SW chips with asapagus and I also love strawberries and raspberries with muller lights and sometime some meringue - great for my verrry sweet tooth! X

To be honest, I rarely use SW recipes :(

But my favourite syn free (or low syn) things to do are cottage pie, lasagne (using fat free natural yoghurt rather than white sauce), stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon, home made burgers, cooked English breakfast the SW way, roast dinners, sausage, SW chips and beans, and Birds Eye salmon pouch things. I also love doing toad in the hole, 10 syns for the batter (milk from daily allowance), 1 syn for eat smart sausages. I keep meaning to try the SW donner kebab, I have the mince in, but just don't feel like it at the minute. Same goes for the SW KFC, I have the bovril in!

As for desserts, I rarely have a sweet tooth, so I usually end up with fruit salad and muller light or FF Activia! Boring eh?

Hello ladies :)

Well done on all your losses :) wish this weather would sort it's self out!! I cook quite a few sw recipes but find most of them are quite bland, so normally have to spice it up a bit!! My fav is the meatballs and spaghetti :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, just checking in to see how everyone is.
Update- remember last week I gained 5.5lb? Well on weigh in on Tues I lost 6lbs :D :D chuffed that the gain has gone plus 1/2 a lb for good measure :D
Probably in the past I would have given up at the point where I had a huge gain, but instead I picked myself up and got on with it (hope I can encourage anyone else who is having a wobble)
My birthday went without too much of a glitch, I did have a small piece of choc bday cake and a large white choc chip cookie, but hey it was my birthday and I'm straight back on the wagon today, everything else I ate was sw friendly.
Hope everyone is doing ok? Sorry to waffle ;)x

Back