Weight loss buddy anyone??

Well done Trixy!

Well, Morrisons amazed me! For £26 I got:

4x Coca cola
4x Chocolate muffins
4x Rolo doughnuts (for him indoors, as are the muffins)
2x Naan breads
2x Lean stewing steak packs
2x Catering bacon bits
2x Manx kippers
1x Kipper fillets
2x Trout fillets
1x Cherries
1x Strawberries
2x Raspberries
1x Red currants
1x Blueberries
2x Parsnips
1x Green beans
2x Peppers
1x Punnet plums
1x Samoma & Bhaji pack
1x Seeded loaf
1x Frylight
1x Gerbera plant
1x WW sausages
1x Spring onions
1x Meatballs

- you gotta love the reduced sections! The most expensive thing I got was the frylight!

Gotta love morrissons! I'm off there later today to buy some grub! They have such a better reduced section than other stores.

So how is everyone? I've not been around much recently as work has been awful then been on holiday for a week. I've just eaten whatever I wanted and feel uncomfortable and bloated... Didn't enjoy eating rubbish and wish I hadn't.

Have also had some awful news - my 19 year old cousin has just been diagnosed with luekaemia :-( I saw her on Saturday and she was fine and then suddenly - bam - hospital, chemotherapy the lot. I hope she kicks it's ass! Just seems crazy that my bubbly 19 year old cousin has such a horrible cancer at that age. She doesn't some or drink or anything, she's in good shape and looks after herself- it just goes after anyone anytime I suppose.

That has made me seriously look at my life under a microscope (as it does) and I've realised I hate my job, I love being fit and healthy and a good weight and I want to carry on.

So today and tomorrow I will be applying for new jobs (including a sw consultant job!) and getting back on the wagon so bad I'm guns be a SW queen!!

Sorry for the massive post- just needed to share my thoughts somewhere as the other half is useless.

Big loves to all. Xx

Sorry to hear about your cousin :(, I hope she does kick its ass!

And good for you on reflecting on your own life. Sometimes something horrid can give us that kick we needed to change things up and attempt to make ourselves happy.

That's awful news Bobsled, really awful, but like you said she is young fit and clean living so has the best possible chance to get better.
Go you, a consultant, ooh we better watch what we say now ;) but seriously well done. We are all in charge of our own destinies to a certain extent. :D xxx

Thankyou both - I am feeling much better today - have applied for four or five jobs and have heard back from SW and they are putting me forward to the district manager to go on an 'opportunity day' to find out more which is quite exciting!

Haven't heard anything more about my cousin - she started treatment last night though so imagine she will be in hospital for the next few weeks. Hoping to get up to see her and take over some comedy DVD's to keep her entertained when she is feeling better :) She is in a great hospital so she's got a great chance.

Thank you both for the messages - they made me feel better :)

I've also been on plan today for the first day in a week which is fab, I feel so much better! I hadn't realised how much nicer everything tastes when its healthy :D xx

P.S i've gone a bit mad with the smileys... i blame the new macbook pro - its soooo much easier to post than my iphone!! xx

had 2lbs on at wi this week and not happy about it at all dont know whats going on with my body at the minute have a great weekend all xx

New to slimming world, would like a friend to buddy up with.

Hi,

I just joined Slimming World this past tuesday, but I have to admit to total confusion!

I have ALOT (did I say alot? :eek: ) to lose and knowing myself, I know I can't do this alone without some type of friend support.

Would anyone like to buddy up?

thank you,
Saundra

Hi everyone & hope everyone having a great weekend? Well I got weighed this morning and after nearly 3 week off plan I am 5.5lb UP so back to 13.7 and totally deserved but it stops now! Am back on track today and for the first time in a while its not half ar$ed either!

Also decided today to try a low syn cheesecake after reading about em on here and OMG! It was amazing - chocolate, banana & caramel! Yum!

Kay X

Hi everyone & hope everyone having a great weekend? Well I got weighed this morning and after nearly 3 week off plan I am 5.5lb UP so back to 13.7 and totally deserved but it stops now! Am back on track today and for the first time in a while its not half ar$ed either!

Also decided today to try a low syn cheesecake after reading about em on here and OMG! It was amazing - chocolate, banana & caramel! Yum!

Kay X

Firstly, bobsled, I'm sorry to hear the awful news, I hope that she gets better - so glad that she's in a great hospital, sending loadsa hugs (((())))

Oh Kay, I know what you mean, it sounds like we've all had a hard time of it food and personal life wise at the mo.

I have been on again, off again as there's been my hols, birthday and we went away for Wimbledon and my hubby and I had a couple of nights in London to ourselves so 'went to town' to say the least!

I have tried to get back on it today, I realise how crappy I feel - bloated wise and guilt wise by eating the bad stuff, but still do it?!?!? Oh well, all I can do is try and learn from my mistakes and just carry on with it!

Come on my lovelies!!! We can do it!!!

Do you know how much I want to take my boys swimming - that is my ultimate goal, to not feel like a a mass blob with all my dimples of celulite over my legs!

Sorry to go on, it's been a while!!

Kay, I can't find that pudding on the recipes! It sounds like my kinda thing, do you know where it is?? xxx

Em8888 said:
Firstly, bobsled, I'm sorry to hear the awful news, I hope that she gets better - so glad that she's in a great hospital, sending loadsa hugs (((())))

Oh Kay, I know what you mean, it sounds like we've all had a hard time of it food and personal life wise at the mo.

I have been on again, off again as there's been my hols, birthday and we went away for Wimbledon and my hubby and I had a couple of nights in London to ourselves so 'went to town' to say the least!

I have tried to get back on it today, I realise how crappy I feel - bloated wise and guilt wise by eating the bad stuff, but still do it?!?!? Oh well, all I can do is try and learn from my mistakes and just carry on with it!

Come on my lovelies!!! We can do it!!!

Do you know how much I want to take my boys swimming - that is my ultimate goal, to not feel like a a mass blob with all my dimples of celulite over my legs!

Sorry to go on, it's been a while!!

Kay, I can't find that pudding on the recipes! It sounds like my kinda thing, do you know where it is?? xxx

I made it up after seeing other peoples ideas :D
I Dissolved 2 options caramel hot chocolate sachets in a little boiling water to a paste, mixed with a tub quark & a little sweetener, put in fridge
Then I spooned a 1/3 mixture over a broken healthy choice digestive biscuit & a banana
Came out at 4.5 syns and was very rich, not diet food :D x

Hey Saundra.

Im pritty new as well and like you, I still find it confusing. Im not going to group, im doing it on my own. But people on this forum are fantastic, I find myself totaly addicted to this site, im never off it lol, just lurking in the back ground and gathering info (whoo.. look at me, i sound like the secret service ahh ahh)

Iv got 4ish stone to loose before about june ish next year as I get married next september and want to be fitted for my gown.

If you want a slimming buddy hun, im happy to oblige, maybe we can help each other wwith advice and moral support along the way and when the time comes, maybe the odd but kicking as well.

if you look in the section for weight bracket your in .. youl get lots of support from ppl the same size

luv this forum so glad i signed up as keeps me soo motivated from receipe ideas to chatting to ppl the same weight

try not to think of the overal you have to lose more small bites makes it easier so aim for a stone then another ect ...

have just shy of 10 stone to lose.. dont know if thats alot, but its a hell of alot to me :cry:

No, I don't mind saying how much.

I think that the 'official' weight they say I should be is about 12 stone, but that is NOT going to happen! With my height and build I would look like a twig!

If I did that weight, it would be about 14 stone.

So, i'm thinking between 10-12 stone I should lose.

I had my first WI this morning and I lost 6.5 lbs! I am totally shocked!

Saundra said:
No, I don't mind saying how much.

I think that the 'official' weight they say I should be is about 12 stone, but that is NOT going to happen! With my height and build I would look like a twig!

If I did that weight, it would be about 14 stone.

So, i'm thinking between 10-12 stone I should lose.

I had my first WI this morning and I lost 6.5 lbs! I am totally shocked!

Oh wow congratulations! :) that's an excellent start.. Well done saundra! I started sw at 22 stone 10 and need to be 11 stones to be in the top healthy range so thats 11 stones 10 lbs! I've lost 2 stones 8 lbs so far and I'm sure I can get closer to target by the end of this year.

You can do this :) I will help you if you need any x

Morning everyone, and howdy to the new peeps :)

How we all diddling today? Sunny here, with another washing out (I'm verging on being obsessed about drying washing). Put a pound on this week, but I totally get why, and feel relieved about admitting it. I was tempted to have a week off before I jumped on the scales, but that would achieve zero!

I seem to have a dose of man flu at the min, but of course I am coping like a trooper, and continuing through my day, without even a little whimper or sigh! :D

Congrats on your loss Saundra :D

Hi to all the new people!

I know what you mean about the washing lol I get on a mission sometimes...

I've got weigh in tonight and after my near enough fortnight off I am ready for my gain. If it's 3 or less I'll be happy. Getting a countdown tonight though to try and get back on track.

Will probably be on tomorrow to update. Oh I'm planning on making a scan bran cake tonight- anyone got any recommendations for nice flavours? I have made a chocolate one which wasn't too bad but want to try a new one xx

Edit - I only gained half a pound! YEAH MAN! I am very pleased as i thought it was going to be 3 or 4! Half a pound should be gone next week and then some :D

Last edited:
It seems strange congratulating a gain, but well done! :D

100% week ahead of you, and I'm sure it will no longer be a part of you!

Diet buddy anyone??

Hi just wondering if anyone wants to be my diet buddy?? I'm 26 and work odd hours making planning impossible and finding SW really hard at the moment- have done it in the past with great success but just can't jump back on the wagon and resist chocolate and other vices!!! I have 1.5-2stones to lose anyone fancy pairing up and giving support xxx

There's a buddy thread in the 'through the stones' section

Back