Weight loss buddy anyone??

Would love to be a buddy with you.

We have some things in common...i have major body image problems (diagnosed) and i'm a binge eater too (was bulimic for a long time) and I'm great at putting myself down too. always easier isnt it.

I'm 22 and engaged but don't live with partner. I live alone in my own flat and I'm a full time student, doing distance learning so home all day - the temptation is ridiculous! knowing at any minute i can run into the kitchen and eat.

On a very low budget as a self-funded masters student. and I follow extra easy but trying to mix red and green days in there. ended up having 5 green days last week.

here if you need/want me

xx

Hi Bex,

The more the merrier ;-)

How goes life with you today? I'm doing rubbish today but will pay for it in the morning. I'm good at beating myself up.

Look forward to walking this path with you.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

I'm ok thanks. Had a bit of a rubbish couple of days :( TOTM came, first one in nearly 5 years and it's thrown me. I get really really chronic cramps and pains and even looking at food makes me feel ill. So I really haven't eaten much :( except some superfree soup I had in the fridge and the odd banana here and there. Feeling rubbish.

Determined to get up tomorrow and make a proper breakfast, need to eat :(

Why was your day rubbish?

Hugs to Pickle :) she sounds amazing

x

Need a Slimming World Buddy!

I seriously need to start my diet, Iv had weeks on "not being able to get in the right frame of mind" but enough is enough. Im the heaviest iv ever been and so down about my weight its untrue! I have all the books and things for slimming world and dont really have to the time to go to group so I need someone whos very experienced in slimming world to be my little weight guru! :)
Helpppppp :)
xxx

I seriously need to start my diet, Iv had weeks on "not being able to get in the right frame of mind" but enough is enough. Im the heaviest iv ever been and so down about my weight its untrue! I have all the books and things for slimming world and dont really have to the time to go to group so I need someone whos very experienced in slimming world to be my little weight guru! :)
Helpppppp :)
xxx

Hi,
I'm not that experienced in SW but I can always offer some support. Tonight is 9 weeks since I started SW and my weigh in is on Tuesday evenings.

I was a similar weight to you when I started SW and I'd never been so heavy in my life. and I'm achieving a loss (small but still a loss!)every week by following the EE plan. I love it as it's so flexible and I can eat all the things I like without feeling I've missed out on anything.

I've been coming on this site regularly since I joined and I'm happy to offer you support if you want it. I don't profess to know loads of things about SW but I do know what works for me and I will try to help when I can. :)

Brilliant! Really appreciate it chick!
I am starting tomorrow, the only trap I fall into is eating the same thing all the time. What kind of things have you been eating? xxx

HI - there and congratulations on joining Minimins ans SW:D:wavey:

If you are wanting ideas for thinks to eat - they are all over this site. There is a thread all about SW recipies, and everyone in the SW diaries notes thier food on a daily basis. The more you find your way around the site the more ideas you will find.:eating:

Brilliant! Really appreciate it chick!
I am starting tomorrow, the only trap I fall into is eating the same thing all the time. What kind of things have you been eating? xxx

Well for a start I don't eat peppers and mushrooms...and marmite...lol. I'm glad I can choose what foods I like and mix and match them. There are loads of recipes on here and some sound yummy but I'm not that adventurous tbh. I like what I like! :D

I like my cooked breakfasts...eggs, bacon, tomatoes and beans. I just vary it and have beans on WW wholemeal toast or tomatoes on toast, remembering to make sure the plate is at least 1/3 full of superfree foods. Occasionally I have cereal but I'm not a fan and it uses up my milk allowance so not right into that!

Mid morning I eat fruit or have a ML yogurt

Lunches at work are usually salads or soup which I make myself (I love soups!) then I have about 3 or 4 pieces of fruit for dessert.

Mid afternoon I might have another ML yogurt or more fruit depending on what I've got at work.

Dinner is usually meat or fish with jacket potato or new potatoes and loads of veg.

I always have to remind myself to drink more water....I don't drink as much as I know I should.

Whatever it is I'm doing it works for me. I'm never hungry and I don't bother about having syns if I don't feel like it and I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. i don't even feel 'm on a diet as EE is so flexible with the meat and veggies.

I might start a food diary on here...:p

How are we all doing today?

TOTM throws me for a loop as well..... some tablets that I am on make me not have a TOTM every month but it has always been a problem for me. I had/have severe PMT / PMDD. I hope that doing SW will make me feel better as well as lose the weight which will help ~ or so I've been told.

Food has been rubbish SW wise and will continue to be so until Friday morning.... money is tighter than tight and my food cupboard is getting more n*ked as the months wear on.... so I eat whatever is up for grabs ~ how comes it never seems to be apples or pears or celery that gets offered when you are hungry!!!!! But I have had veggie curry in the evenings ~ Brussel Sprouts are fun in a curry ~ and managed to walk Pickle as well.... over 13,000 steps for me today.

Tommorrow morning I get to see a client of mone (elderly woman) and she probably will give me a sausage roll ~ she just gives it to me without asking and she is really sweet... so there would go my syns for the day if I were on plan.

Hope you are having a fantastic day and like me managed to stay dry.... they say we could have a frost tonight. I like my duvet!

Weigh in day for me......when do you weigh in Judith?

This is my first TOTM for over 2 years, I have the implant in my arm. Stops them - which I love. No idea why I've got this one. But in the past my weight has fluctuated 1/2 a stone :( praying that tonight doesn't bring that sort of gain :(

I was told the same thing...

Well done on the steps!!

What do you have in your cupboard? Maybe I can help come up with some lower syn combinations :) try and help as much as I can?

I baked all day yesterday for weigh in tonight. I got miss slinky last week and I wanted to make lots of low syn yummy treats, to say thank you, it meant a lot to me.

Stay strong, you can do it!

xx

Bex....

Fingers crossed for your weigh in. Hope there isn't any gain . And I hope they all eat all the low syn yummies up with grins on their faces ~ so you don't bring them home and eat them all up for yourself at once (which I would do) ~ lots of little things soon mount up. You will have to tell me how you got on ~ Miss Slinky and all. You deserve a crown!

My eating hasn't been that good today ~ nothing SW friendly (apart from black coffee! and diet cola!) ~ my client this morning not only gave me hot sausage rolls (2 mini) she also gave me toasted and buttered crumpet.... Bless.! She has a sheltie dog and she is a darling as well.

Haven't walked far today but I am saying every little counts. I came in from "work" today and had a snooze and didn't feel like having a lonmg walk after that. At least I stretched Pickle's legs a LITTLE bit!

Probably going to have a drink tomorrow evening ~ my old boss, who has retired, fell and broke his hip and he has had complications so he is at home feeling sorry for himself. I thought a can of alcohol would cheer him up and I can see if I can recall any good jokes! It'll be good to see hime. My new boss (he has only been in post two and a half weeks) was discussing where he wants to go on honeymoon next year.... lets put it this way he wasn't talking a weekend in Blackpool! or Bognor!

Feeling quite positive. Now what I need to sort out is what to have at Morrisons tomorrow for lunch. Will I have jacket potato and beans and cheese or something off plan? Oh decisions. I never know how to do EE days or syns Morrisons stuff ~ thats why I stay with jacket potato.... have you got any inspiration?

2 1/2 on for star week :( was not impressed.

But they did all eat pretty much everything I baked, didn't bring any home, or like you said, I would have eaten the lot.

Maybe you could take lower fat butter or things for situations like that when you can't control it very much? Or say thank you very much for the sausage rolls and wrap them up for later and then get rid of once out of her sight - so not to hurt her feelings.

Have a check in your green book for lower syn values before you go for the drinks :) spirits and mixers are best for being alcoholic but low in syns.

Inspiration for lunches? Are you at work? Or at home? What cooking things do you have access to e.g. microwave/oven etc.

xx

& i'm looking for a diet buddy.

I'm on facebook kels mills in swindon.

Hey, I'm looking for a diet/exercise buddy in Swindon to. I'm aiming to lose around 2 stone.

I couldn't find you on facebook, if you're interested in being diet buddys, message me [Emily May Creber, im the only one =P lol]

Haven't posted on here in a long time guys... Been too ashamed!

Really in need of some advice and support. Gone bk to my old binge/purge ways, and I'm seeing myself gaining the pounds as a result. I don't understand how, when it makes me this unhappy, I don't stop myself.

It's like a downward spiral, can't seem to get myself out of it.

Sorry guys :-(

Flutterby3 said:

Really in need of some advice and support. Gone bk to my old binge/purge ways, and I'm seeing myself gaining the pounds as a result. I don't understand how, when it makes me this unhappy, I don't stop myself.

Never be ashamed..

Would it help if we made a weeks worth of food planning for you so you know what to eat? We can do this together :)

When are you binge eating?

*hugs*

Let's do this together and you will be fine, promise x

Don't be sorry ~ I'm here to support you any way that I can... Thanks for sharing with us what is going on for you ~ thats a huge step.

Don't forget to breathe!

What has helped in the past? What would help you now?

Please keep in touch and post often ~ in the meantime I am sending you positive vibes and healing light... Pickle sends some licks!

Thank you so much Rozie, Judith and Pickle!

Had an ok day at work today, I will definitely come back to posting. Was just feeling very ashamed of myself.

I feel that I binge when I feel worst about my weight.

How do you both find the motivation to stick to your diet plan? Because that is where I am severely lacking... I'll wake up thinking 'I will stick to it today', but then I just cave and give in...

Big hugs to you both xx

Thank you so much Rozie, Judith and Pickle!

Had an ok day at work today, I will definitely come back to posting. Was just feeling very ashamed of myself.

I feel that I binge when I feel worst about my weight.

How do you both find the motivation to stick to your diet plan? Because that is where I am severely lacking... I'll wake up thinking 'I will stick to it today', but then I just cave and give in...

Big hugs to you both xx

Hey. I'm a recovering bulimic too so can totally sympathise with you and what it's like to have it and try and follow the diet. I have days like that too. For me, having something already made that I can saves me a lot of unnecessary syns. And also not having bad things/high syn things in the cupboards.I find when I binge it can often spiral and just grab anything and everything and by having low syn things prepared (like the syn free quiche/rice dish) then if I do grab everything at least it's good and not going to do massive damage! And the less bad things in the cupboard the less bad things I'll eat. I can usually tell when mines going to onset so I can prepare a litte...

*hugs* we're all here for you, we can beat it together, all supporting each other :)

Back