Weight loss buddy anyone??

sham88 said:
Is there room for a (not so) wee one? im 23 and would love to lose 3 stone by the summer myself. I was bridesmaid for my sisters wedding last year Sophie so I know the pressure you must be under, in my case the other bridesmaid was very very skinny which made me feel worse, thankfully my sister was very kind and put me in a flattering dress and I felt great on the day-if you need any help or support just give me a shout xx Cyberjelly and Harebell fairy your weightloss so far is amazing well done both of you, and hello leaserule great start to your SW journey-iv my first weigh in this wed so really nervous!! xx

Hello and welcome. Hope you have a great weight loss journey x

Hello and welcome. Hope you have a great weight loss journey x

Thank you, 7 pounds in your first week I would be delighted if i got anywhere near that this week-well done!! xx

sham88 said:
Thank you, 7 pounds in your first week I would be delighted if i got anywhere near that this week-well done!! xx

Thank you :) idk if it's gonna be anywhere near as good this week. Dont feel like I have lost any but we will find out soon enough.

I havent had one completly perfect day yet this week keep having sneaky cheats but i have worked my butt off doing exercise so im hoping itl pay off!!

I really need to start exercising. I'd much rather have a really really strict diet than exercise. Hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic about exercising when I've starting losing the weight! If I can persuade my partner to exercise with me that would really help!

*waves*

hola :)

I'm 23 and I weigh 15 stone 7lb :) I've lost 7 stone since starting sw in April (just under 9 months ago)

I'll be your friend (if you wanna put up with someone like me- i can be annoying LOL)

Best of luck on your journey :D

LittleFlutterby said:
*waves*

I'm 23 and I weigh 15 stone 7lb :) I've lost 7 stone since starting sw in April (just under 9 months ago)
Wow, that's such an amazing loss.. congratulations :D

It's people like you that give me faith in this diet!

The thing I'm finding hard is to set myself achievable targets. How much to loose a month/week or by summer. Did you set yourself mini goals?

I'm doing it all from home, they probably tell you all this at the meetings..

xx

Wow, that's such an amazing loss.. congratulations :D

It's people like you that give me faith in this diet!

The thing I'm finding hard is to set myself achievable targets. How much to loose a month/week or by summer. Did you set yourself mini goals?

I'm doing it all from home, they probably tell you all this at the meetings..

xx

I personally set myself targets every month. There is always a thread up somewhere on here for a sw monthly challenge. I set myself a target that means something- that will get myself to a milestone (usually an award or to get under the next stone bracket)

This month I set my target at 9lb for the month (actually thinking it was a 4 weigh in month, when actually it's 5- oops!)

The remaining 3lb will take me to 101lb loss- most importantly, it will put my bmi in the "overweight" category.

I'm also in the "6 months to sexy for summer" thread (a follow on from the "sexy for santa" thread which started 6 months before xmas). I set my target to my 10 stone award- or my initial end target.

You don't have to set yourself a regular target though. The only targets at SW are your club 10 and your end target.

I find the monthly challenges useful, its extra accountability, and an extra push that I need sometimes.

I don't set my targets too high. even though it would be nice to lose a stone in a month, it's not doable every month! I set a goal that I can achieve so I'm not disheartened every month :)

I have, though, aimed to be at target for my birthday (4th May) but that's because my dad betted me £100 that i wouldn't...and I need the money, lol

xx

Yeah leaserule i find it so much easier doing exercise with people-i go cycling with my dad and go to zumba with a couple of friends so we have a laugh while were doing it-its the eating bit that im not 100% on but i think the more i get into the plan and discover things i can eat the better I will be-here's hoping anyway. Oh my goodness Littleflutterby your weightloss so far is absolutely amazing and like Leaserule says it really gives me faith in the plan-keep up the good work!! God damn insomnia-I cant sleep and have to teach 30 snotty kids in the morning :)

That was really helpful. After a few weeks Ill probably be able to work out my average loss n set targets from there. I would really love to lose the three stone by summer. 3 stone seems like a lot to me but when breaking it down to a few lbs each week its not as daunting.

I'll have a look at those threads.. probably join the monthly ones.

Hah yeah money would definitely push me harder. I don't have a lot of willpower so somethin like that would make me push myself. Hah I'm like a kid who needs a star chart.

I need to be a lot more organised with this diet. Get some meals prepared and in the freezer. Plan my meals out for the week. Can relax n get on with it that way.

xx

sham88 said:
Yeah leaserule i find it so much easier doing exercise with people-i go cycling with my dad and go to zumba with a couple of friends so we have a laugh while were doing it-its the eating bit that im not 100% on but i think the more i get into the plan and discover things i can eat the better I will be-here's hoping anyway. Oh my goodness Littleflutterby your weightloss so far is absolutely amazing and like Leaserule says it really gives me faith in the plan-keep up the good work!! God damn insomnia-I cant sleep and have to teach 30 snotty kids in the morning :)

Mmm I suppose ill have to push myself to exercise.. its also because its winter. In the summer I'm always up for going for walks, taking my dogs out and stuff. The winter just makes me want to hibernate and eat stew haha.

Yeah I've got a few books off a friend and found some recipes I think I'm going to live on. Theres so much choice of food.. most of which I can't believe are available on a diet! It's also quite a good diet to get you cooking from scratch. I'll not only be skinny (hopefully) by the end of it but entering masterchef ;)

Not got much advice for the snotty kids unfortunately... But good luck!

xx

Hi Sugarpuff Sophie.
Remember that everyone on this forum is your friend!
Good luck on your quest, you can do it with determination and willpower!
As others have said, keep a food diary, plan ahead what meals to make, and watch your syns........

I write a menu sheet for the week then buy only what we need trying to make ingredients cover more than one meal.
example...bacon, use some for a big breakfast, cover a chicken breast for a Sunday meal, leftover pieces, cut into small pieces and put in a Spaghetti Carbonara......
Pete

Hi Suagerpuff Sophie,

Hows it going? did you have a nice low syn weekend with some good healthy choices?

Keep writing on here so we know how to help you succeed, after all a friend in need is a pain in the bum. But we all need a friend once in a while.

Had quite a boring weekend only problem is that means I snack a lot which is bad for me. Also can't weigh in due to having to flat hunt for my daughter in Aylesbury as she starts uni in March.

But will just need to be extra good this week to make up for it.

LittleFlutterby said:
*waves*

I'll be your friend (if you wanna put up with someone like me- i can be annoying LOL)

Best of luck on your journey :D

Ooh we weigh exactly the same then! I'm 15st 7 too (since weighing yesterday!)

Well done on losing 7st! How much more do you want to lose?

cyberjelly said:
Hi Suagerpuff Sophie,

Hows it going? did you have a nice low syn weekend with some good healthy choices?

Keep writing on here so we know how to help you succeed, after all a friend in need is a pain in the bum. But we all need a friend once in a while.

Had quite a boring weekend only problem is that means I snack a lot which is bad for me. Also can't weigh in due to having to flat hunt for my daughter in Aylesbury as she starts uni in March.

But will just need to be extra good this week to make up for it.

Yes the weekend was ok. I had to buy a sandwich on saturday as I'd overslept and hadn't prepared my lunch for work but I still lost 4lbs this week so I'm very pleased with that!

Good luck for this week!

Ooh we weigh exactly the same then! I'm 15st 7 too (since weighing yesterday!)

Well done on losing 7st! How much more do you want to lose?

well....

i lost 1/2lb this week (just...don't ask....lol) so now at 7st 1/2lb loss (those 1/2lbs are still really important lol)

my initial target was my 10 stone award (which is what it says on my sig) so 2 stone 13.5lb to go (see? 1/2lb makes a difference ;) haha)

But- I actually might try to get to 11 stone 4lb lost, which will take me to 11st 3lb in weight (being less than half the size that i was when i started). That will put my bmi at 22 or something.

What I'm going to do is go to 10 stone loss and decide then....I really don't know what a good size is for me, since I've not really been a normal size. people are starting to say now that i don't have to lose much more, but i can see all my fatty bits more, ya know? i look good at a size 18 apparently, but i am nearly 6 foot. I still want to lose a fair bit....i just have people who will tell me honestly when to stop if i'm starting to look too skinny (my SW consultant for a start- i told her to give me a stern chat if i start to look gaunt lol)

in conclusion (sorry- i tend to ramble) i have just under 3 stone to lose, ish :p

well....

i lost 1/2lb this week (just...don't ask....lol) so now at 7st 1/2lb loss (those 1/2lbs are still really important lol)

my initial target was my 10 stone award (which is what it says on my sig) so 2 stone 13.5lb to go (see? 1/2lb makes a difference ;) haha)

But- I actually might try to get to 11 stone 4lb lost, which will take me to 11st 3lb in weight (being less than half the size that i was when i started). That will put my bmi at 22 or something.

What I'm going to do is go to 10 stone loss and decide then....I really don't know what a good size is for me, since I've not really been a normal size. people are starting to say now that i don't have to lose much more, but i can see all my fatty bits more, ya know? i look good at a size 18 apparently, but i am nearly 6 foot. I still want to lose a fair bit....i just have people who will tell me honestly when to stop if i'm starting to look too skinny (my SW consultant for a start- i told her to give me a stern chat if i start to look gaunt lol)

in conclusion (sorry- i tend to ramble) i have just under 3 stone to lose, ish :p

Well done on your weight loss, its brilliant.

I am also having trouble with setting what I think is a good finishing weight.

I am 5 foot 7 and at present weigh 13 stone 6 1/2lb, but wear a size 14/16. I have not been this weight for over 25 years so don't know if its the right weight for me. I would like to get to 12 stone, but found losing the last 1/2 stone very hard ( took nearly 2 months) so think I may stop at 13 stone. Big decision, have been told by people to stop but no one has said I look gaunt.
Please look at the following page to see what you think.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-inspirational-photos/244434-cyberjellys-almost-there.html

3 stone to lose - looking for a buddy

I have 3 stone to lose and would really like diet buddy to help keep me motivated. Any takers? My ticker is completely out of date by the way ( and I haven't worked out how to update it yet)

new...anyone want a diet buddy??

hey ladies as my title says im new to slimming world almost 3 weeks done and loving it!!! i weigh in on tues so find out tomorro what im at now but after 2 weeks i had got 8.5lbs off which i was over the moon at.

looking forward to gettin to know u all :)

Hi raeofsunshine and :welcome2:

Congratulations on your losses so far. You've done really well.

I'm a Tuesday weigher as well...let's see what tomorrow brings... ;)

Back